dgolvach

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

OK! here is where I am at. I have been facing some serious health issues for the past few years and I am not sure if I will come through this ordeal. But the disease is not my reason for posting and I don't want to get side tracked. I have indeed asked Christ to save me. 26 years ago at 17. I have confessed that there are some areas in my life that don't measure up to God's standard. I have asked God to change me in those areas. I don't know what else I can do to be saved but I have been terrified as of late when I think of dying which may be sooner than later. I am in a horrific amount of pain and on alot of pain meds. Sometime I get the feeling that this misery here is just a warm up for whats to come. However, I am not sure that my thinking is staight. Still, it seems to me that if I truely had saving faith, I would no be so terrified. Any thoughts? encouragement? ect.

Dan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I'm not sure that I can encourage you anymore than to affirm the fact that, so long as you believe into Him you will be saved. Salvation is not about what you do, but whom you have. If you have Christ then you have everything!

The best I can do fo you as a brother is just to pray, which I assure you, I will be doing as soon as I've finished this post. Have faith. Be encouraged. When your race has finally won you will receive a glorious reward!

Grace to you.

P.S. One of my favorite Psalms (27):

"The Lord is my light and my salvation

Whom shall I fear?

The Lord is the strength of my life;

Of whom shall I be afraid?

When evildoers assail me,

Uttering slanders against me,

My adversaries and foes,

They shall stumble and fall.

Though a host encamp against me,

My heart shall not fear;

Though war arise against me,

Yet I will be confident.

One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after;

That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,

To behold the beauty of the Lord,

And to inquire in His temple.

For He will hide me in His shelter in the day of trouble;

He will conceal me under the cover of His tent,

He will set me high upon a rock.

And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies round about me;

And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy;

I will sing and make melody to the Lord.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

OK! here is where I am at. I have been facing some serious health issues for the past few years and I am not sure if I will come through this ordeal. But the disease is not my reason for posting and I don't want to get side tracked. I have indeed asked Christ to save me. 26 years ago at 17. I have confessed that there are some areas in my life that don't measure up to God's standard. I have asked God to change me in those areas. I don't know what else I can do to be saved but I have been terrified as of late when I think of dying which may be sooner than later. I am in a horrific amount of pain and on alot of pain meds. Sometime I get the feeling that this misery here is just a warm up for whats to come. However, I am not sure that my thinking is staight. Still, it seems to me that if I truely had saving faith, I would no be so terrified. Any thoughts? encouragement? ect.

Dan

what do you think you are missing? is there something that you fell is being left undone by you? there is always getting healed and having more time to figure it out.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Dan, I'll be praying for you! :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I think many Christians have struggled with what you are struggling with. I know I have. An important thing to remember is that your emotions and feelings don't speak for God. God speaks for himself and he tells us in His Word that "whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Your eternal salvation was purchased on calvary by the same Jesus who rose again from the dead and sits at the right hand of the Father right now my friend. He is what saved you and he is what keeps you saved.

As far as the parts of your life that don't add up.....well, join the club and a long list of every Christian who struggles with sin. Just confess them, do your best not to repeat them, and if you slip up, confess them again.

Jesus knew every sin you would committ....before you were born, and before he paid for them on the cross. He new exactly what he was paying for, and at no point did he decide not to go through with paying for them.

He is all you need. He is our salvation. Just keep your eyes on him.

• Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Well, we are told many times in Scripture not to fear so I would say the same thing..

"Fear thou not.."

If it was not a problem for us God would not keep telling us not to fear..

being a Christian does not automatically make us free from such emotions..

But I can tell You that being a Christian brings the power to overcome the fear...

If you have repented of your behaviour then God is faithful and just to forgive you and to cleanse you of all unrighteousness...

You can stand up to fear and say .."if I perish I perish I am going to see the King.." :blink:

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Dan,

I love you brother, as you have confessed before men the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. You are great to fess-up to your trials. We can be assured that God's hand is in all of this. Be at peace brother, even when your body is tortured by this disease. As has been said, there is nothing we can do to attain to salvation. If Christ doesn't do it, it won't get done. Have you considered that "God inhabits the praises of His people?" Kinda hard to do right now, but remember what Christ went through. He cried out to God: "Take this cup from me" and on the cross He said, "What has thou forsaken me". I don't think it is "fear" you are experiencing, but a trepidation of not knowing clearly what is to come. But be assured my brother that what is to come is far greater and more wonderful than man can speak with words. You are safe in His hands. Don't believe Satan's lies when he tries to tell you differently. The Lord said to me once "I shall never leave you nor forsake you." I believe that and I accept it - come what may.

We all suffer from the frailties of this body, sin, sickness, doubts, fears, worries, but just search the scriptures for those verses which the Holy Spirit shall reveal to you to grab hold on and not release. I have had God "speak" to me, almost verbally on a few occasions. Sometimes, His answer has come after many days, and at other times, they came almost immediately. Hold on to what you have. Consider your infirmities a blessing that draws you closer to God. That is the ONLY real thing worthy of all our efforts.

My prayers and blessings are with you brother,

Dad Ernie

My prayer:

Father, I do not know what Dan is going through, and I hope I never have to suffer as he is suffering. But this I do know that you are right there with him through all these difficulties. I pray God that you give him comfort in his heart, soul and mind and remind him that this is only temporary and you have a much better plan in store for him. Bless him this day Oh God! I ask these things in Jesus' precious name. Amen.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Brother Dan, I am no prophet, nor the son of a prophet; but I feel you are destined to recover, and be bettered by your ordeal.

We will be in special prayer for you.

Guest jckduboise

Brother Dan,

This is what I know about death. Even if your body perishes your spirit will not. We all pay a pennance for our actions but you are forgiven just the same. I will pray for peace at what may be to come for you but know that when the spirit rises from its shell and it goes beyond the spiritual veil that keeps us from seeing into the spiritual realm, Jesus will be waiting for you on the other side. Try to lean on Jesus as you experience what you are experiencing. And know in your heart that He would that none should perish. You are NOT going to perish. :emot-highfive:

My prayers remain with you, do not be afraid.

Psalm 32:1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.

2 Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Dear Dan,

Somehow I am encouraged FOR you. I believe as you give over to God and simply trust him that He is moving for you..........Can you just keep saying to Him that you trust Him? Regardless you trust Him. He has something on his mind for you.