IGNORED

Understanding Grace from the Bible

Rober H

Guest jckduboise

It was simply David and King Saul..grace abounds with their story....

But with this story came the understanding also with my own life...I belonged to the Lord long before I ever knew it. And even though I lived the life I led, He still pulled me forward into His arms with His love, grace and patient endurance.

Today, I know that I had nothing to do with it. He chose me, He loved me and now I choose Him because He loved me first.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

This thread really hits home with me. I think this is the biggest struggle many of us face. Our whole life from cradle to grave is built qround this idea of achievement. School, sports, carreer, ect.. We have to work for our spot and quality of life here on earth and the concept of unmeritted grace seems so opposite. It goes completely against the grain of how we are taught to think. So...how can excepting grace of this measure be easy? I have to pray to God for the ability to allow my mind to think in such away. However, I do believe that grace alone is what saves us. Not works. But its so hard to get your arms around this enough to be comforatable. I pray that we all have success in doing so. We need it. I am desperate for it. I suspect sometimes it takes being broken in a painful way.

Study, hit the books and get educated. Work hard and make something out of your life in this world. But it dosen't work that way in the next world. You can study the Bible and work hard at following the Law and go straight to hell. Perhaps its easier for a lazy person or a rich kid to feel secure in their salvation.???????

I am in such termoil about this subject I had to have my pastor come to my house yesterday to calm me down. He gave me a book by Max Lucado called "In The Grip Of Grace". Im on page 31. I am hoping that by the end of this book I will have an easier time of laying down this foolish notion that I can add to my salvation. I may not have much time left. That could go for any of us. I believe we must get this straight here on earth.

Dan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Dan, it was not my mind that grasped it , it was my heart...

You Dan , by the very grace of God are forgiven ....receive it.. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/02/1949

This really cleared up the issue of the law and grace for me...

I was reading the book of Acts and the doctrinal battle that was being waged between the Pharisees and Paul and Barnabas.

Acts 15:4 And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.

Acts 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

Acts 15:6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.

Acts 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

Acts 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

Acts 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Acts 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

When I read that it hit me that the church was not under the law at all. We receive the gift of salvation through grace by faith and that works could not save us.

I could do nothing to receive God's gift of salvation but believe.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Bong! I had to read those verses over and over until it became clear.

That is why I encourage people to read the bible as much as they can. I came to understand grace as my faith grew.

And we should all know where our faith comes from.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

We hear the word and believe. Faith is the portal through which grace flows. "Grace through faith".

This truly blows my mind! You cannot earn grace or grace isn't grace!

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Grace it is truly amazing! :whistling:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

This really cleared up the issue of the law and grace for me...

I was reading the book of Acts and the doctrinal battle that was being waged between the Pharisees and Paul and Barnabas.

Acts 15:4 And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.

Acts 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

Acts 15:6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.

Acts 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

Acts 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

Acts 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Acts 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

When I read that it hit me that the church was not under the law at all. We receive the gift of salvation through grace by faith and that works could not save us.

I could do nothing to receive God's gift of salvation but believe.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Bong! I had to read those verses over and over until it became clear.

That is why I encourage people to read the bible as much as they can. I came to understand grace as my faith grew.

And we should all know where our faith comes from.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

We hear the word and believe. Faith is the portal through which grace flows. "Grace through faith".

This truly blows my mind! You cannot earn grace or grace isn't grace!

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Grace it is truly amazing! :whistling:

Hi Friend, one must consider this, That the children of God are the only ones who get this grace, the children of the devil will not get this or salvation.

Hi Friend, one must consider this, That the children of God are the only ones who get this grace, the children of the devil will not get this or salvation.

That is 100% true. A gift must be received and we were all children of wrath before we received the gift of salvation.

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Ephesians 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Grace (unmerited favor) must be freely received or there can be no salvation.

Acts 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

That is 100% true. A gift must be received and we were all children of wrath before we received the gift of salvation.

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Ephesians 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Grace (unmerited favor) must be freely received or there can be no salvation.

Acts 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Hi Friend, yes those who believe on the lord Jesus will be saved, But God through his writers also said-- Those who do the will of God remain ( be saved ) And Jesus said-- This means eternal life ( be saved ) their taking in knowledge of you the only true God and the one whom you sent Jesus Christ. ( This means true knowledge not false knowledge ) Also God said-- Those who endure till the end will be saved. So one must apply all of these teachings from the word of God in the case of getting eternal life. And since God told us through Paul at Hebrews 10:26 There is no sacrafice ( Jesus blood ) for those who practice sin. You can do 99% but if you practice sin ( willfull sin ) iniquities, lawlessness, Jesus sacrafice was not for you. Why you may ask, Because that one stepped left or right of the narrow gate. Jesus is allready in the narrow gate. only those who enter the narrow gate will recieve grace, salvation. These are the children of God. And at 1 John 3:9-10 ( this is a mirror for all of us to peer into. ) It tells all who they really are to God. And i tell you this truly-- There is a book of life, only God knows the names written in it. No mortal man has ever seen these names or this book. Not one mortal man alive can read anothers true heart, only God can read the true heart. Not one mortal man truly knows if his brother practices sin or will in the future, so i tell all. Not one mortal man can tell another he is saved. this is reality my friends, God has given us a scale persay to weigh the outcome for our lives and it is this-- for 70- 90 years of life now we can practice sin and kid ourselves that we are saved or live to do Gods will with our whole heart soul and mind, and love our brothers and sisters even our enemies Jesus said. and we will recieve trillions upon trillions upon trillions of years ( still just a drop in the bucket where it concerns eternal life) The choice is ours. But true knowledge is a must.

I know I am saved and that is by grace apart from works of the law or how many good deeds I have done.

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

I know that I have eternal life and that I shall never perish.

John 10:27-29 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

This thread is for those who know they have eternal life and want to share when the "penny dropped" and they came to the knowledge of this "good news".

There are other threads for those who want to debate.