IGNORED

MOM/DAD...R U Sharing With Your Children?

wtahfarr4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

The Word of the LORD?  Are YOU planting the "seeds of faith" within their hearts?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Yes, ever since she was 3 years old.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Being a Godly mother is my greatest goal, and the toughest job I have ever had. You can't playact all the time, either what you have is real and impacts every aspect of your life, or you are deceiving yourself. I am not saying I never sin by losing my temper, or neglecting oportunities to have a righteous attitude. But, when I do sin, I take the responsiblity for my actions, (the devil didn't make me do it) and apologize to my children. We are right now trying to teach our children to take responsibility for their own actions also. I hope our example impacts them, but its not just example. We have to apply the Bible to situations that arise everyday. To do this you have to study the Bible to know what's in there.

We had our children writing verses like Eph 6:1 when lack of respect or obedience issues arise, (that's a good discipline because not only does it teach scripture, but reading and writing skills too) and have tried not to spare the rod and spoil the child. As children age our discipline methods have to change though (Its hard to spank a 6 foot 13 year old) and if you haven't established respect by that age, its going to be hard to demand obedience. One of the main scripture passages we demand our children apply is Mark 12:28-33 The greatest commandments To love the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind, and, strength; and to love your neighbor as yourself. My hubby calls this the prime directive for the Christian life, and we remind our kids of this all the time when fights and arguements happen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

Yes absolutely, now.

I walked away from God years ago and was unchurched for alot of my son's younger years because of the hypocrisy of the "churches" I'd known.

But after feeling lost and empty for all those years I began to pray and search, and finally found the church home I prayed for. (THANK YOU JESUS!)My son and I have been active for 2 years there, and our walk grows closer every day--both to each other and to God.

We pray together and are studying Revelation now!

By the way, I realized that all those years He was there; I just didn't hear Him until I was ready.

I have two sons, ages 19 and 13.  GOD gave me the privilege of leading them both to CHRIST at an age of understanding for each individually.  I ALSO have the responsibility to teach them in the ways of the LORD.

This I've always tried to do since they were saved.  We talk "real life" and not make believe, wanna be stuff.  They understand that just because they're Christians doesn't mean life will be a bowl of cherries...more often for the Christian it's the pits instead.  Why?  Because we're "just passing through" here.  But saying this just let me say this...I don't allow them to give up on the things of this life.  Instead, every opportunity I have to line up events in their lives with Scripture I do so.  

I've also tried to make it clear to them with the help of the HOLY SPIRIT that the characters in the Bible ARE NOT fictional.  GOD put the good/bad about them in HIS Word, so that as a lesson in life we can see that most of them were JUST LIKE US!    I wasn't raised on the Word of the LORD, yet GOD has given me a wonderful privilege as a parent  to raise my sons in it.  

Right now I believe that even if either or both of them fell away/backslid in the future, the foundation my wife and I have built underneath them will stand the test of time.  They know who their LORD/SAVIOUR is.  They know they're salvation is based on the Word (Romans 10:9-10), not their feelings.  We've allowed them in many areas of their lives to grow in the understanding of GOD's Word and from their mistakes. :rofl:

• 6 months later...

I'm reopening this one to hear any new thoughts.  Please just jump right in! :rofl:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Wisdom,

I always thought raising my children for the Lord as my first priority in life. I think its the most important thing a mother can do for her children.

Mother I'm afraid no God I know,

Please tell me an eternal way to go,

You taught me how to live ,each day by day,

But I'm am dying and now you don't know what to say.

In our land we honour mothers high,

The very word mother exalted to the sky,

But only the mother with God in her heart,

Can teach her child how this life to depart.

Amen, Angels

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  108

I have two children. a boy 9 and a girl 3.

I started living for the LORD "full-time" when my son was 3. Ever since, we gradually grow in our discussions. Just this week, I brought up the act that we may have to suffer as beleivers just like Yahshua (Jesus) did on earth. But, of course I told him they don't nail people to the cross anymore. I also just recently laid hands on him that he receive the Holy Spirit.. no evidence of tongues yet. But, I beleive he IS filled. He is growing in hunger and thirst for the WORD. Praise Yahweh!

Raising my kids to beleive in the WORD and trust in the FATHER is second right up to keeping myself built up.

I am praying that my husband come to have a relationship with Yahshua. That would make educating my children in the WORD so much easier. Please pray for my husband Will.   :rofl:

Angels4U:

Thank you again for another good post sis.  Loved the poem, and clearly read into the message behind it!

WTF4:

I will keep your husband, "Will", in my prayers.  I sense the importance to you, and your children.  I also know how different it is in dealing with your children about the LORD when both parents know HIM as LORD/SAVIOUR.  

Don't let up on your prayers for him because our FATHER is full of surprises and may already be working behind the scenes on your husband in ways you'd never imagine in order to bring him and your family to HIM as a whole.  Stay focused, and stay positive.  GOD has something special for you and yours! :rofl:  :rofl:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  108

Angels4U:

Thank you again for another good post sis.