Christ's Free Servant

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

You would be wise not to scoff at people who bring you these messages unless they are blatently unscriptural. IMHO :o

I wouldn't call it scoffing; rather, a healthy skepticism.

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.--1 John 4:1

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?--Matthew 7:22

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

We also have to be careful because the pharisees thought that they could never persecute the prophets....Yet Jesus had a few words begging to differ.

They lived by the letter, yet when God moved they never recognized it.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

What about the G-dly men and women in the country? Are they to be judged as well? Or will they insulated against this judgment? I guess what I am getting at, is that there is no judgment indicated in the Scriptures for Christians. We have already be judged in Christ Jesus.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

What about the G-dly men and women in the country? Are they to be judged as well? Or will they insulated against this judgment? I guess what I am getting at, is that there is no judgment indicated in the Scriptures for Christians. We have already be judged in Christ Jesus.

Well I see this prophecy of yours is all based on a "perhaps" as you have said above-- "so one tree per country, perhaps"-- well that don't sound so sure to me and it let's me know even you yourself are not sure but we shall see. Also trees in scriptures represents more than just a nation but several things.

OC

OC,

Two things here:

No. 1 is that I did not prophesy in the sense that I said God's exact words and that they were to be heeded by you or anyone else. That, to me, would be prophesying. What I did was share a word I believe God gave me during my time with him in prayer and in his word. You do not have to accept it. I would certainly hope that you would prayerfully take it before the Lord to see what the Lord has to say to you about this. Only God's divine words can speak to hearts. I am not the Holy Spirit. All I can do is share with my Christian family what I believe I am hearing from God. It is up to you to determine between you and God if this is what he is saying to you. I do believe God has spoken to me and I do believe his words to be true. I do believe God wanted me to share it, so I did.

When I said "so one tree per country, perhaps," I was in the process of researching the passage and I was trying to understand it so that I could answer your question. I was referring to the fact that actually three trees (oak, cedar and pine) were mentioned and three countries were mentioned, but it is not clear in the passage that Jordan and the pine tree are connected, however, it is clear from the passage that the cedars are of Lebanon and the oaks are of Bashan. But, since you brought it up, I now see that it appears that a single tree (a cedar of Lebanon) has fallen, but in reference to the other trees, it seems to indicate that multiple cedars were ruined by fire, that stately trees are ruined and that a dense forest has been cut down and that the pine tree should wail over the fall of the cedar and the ruin of the stately trees.

So, if I am understanding this correctly, it appears that only one tree fell - the cedar of Lebanon, and that there were multiple other trees that were either cut down or destroyed by fire. So, to return to your original question, I would have to answer that there were more than two trees, but only one tree fell. The others were either cut down or destroyed by fire. So, that would then give credence to one nation, one tree. And, the trees represent the pride, power and arrogance of the nations in this particular passage. Since this is the passage the Lord led me to read, this is my point of reference, not the whole of scripture, since I am not interpreting the scripture literally but rather it is being used as an illustration. God has used this passage to show me the principle behind the passage - the tree representing the pride, arrogance and power of a nation and that the fall of the tree represents the fall of that nation.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

No you are exactly right I don't have to receive or believe it was God who gave it out.

OC

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Well I see this prophecy of yours is all based on a "perhaps" as you have said above-- "so one tree per country, perhaps"-- well that don't sound so sure to me and it let's me know even you yourself are not sure but we shall see. Also trees in scriptures represents more than just a nation but several things.

OC

OC,

Two things here:

No. 1 is that I did not prophesy in the sense that I said God's exact words and that they were to be heeded by you or anyone else. That, to me, would be prophesying. What I did was share a word I believe God gave me during my time with him in prayer and in his word. You do not have to accept it. I would certainly hope that you would prayerfully take it before the Lord to see what the Lord has to say to you about this. Only God's divine words can speak to hearts. I am not the Holy Spirit. All I can do is share with my Christian family what I believe I am hearing from God. It is up to you to determine between you and God if this is what he is saying to you. I do believe God has spoken to me and I do believe his words to be true. I do believe God wanted me to share it, so I did.

When I said "so one tree per country, perhaps," I was in the process of researching the passage and I was trying to understand it so that I could answer your question. I was referring to the fact that actually three trees (oak, cedar and pine) were mentioned and three countries were mentioned, but it is not clear in the passage that Jordan and the pine tree are connected, however, it is clear from the passage that the cedars are of Lebanon and the oaks are of Bashan. But, since you brought it up, I now see that it appears that a single tree (a cedar of Lebanon) has fallen, but in reference to the other trees, it seems to indicate that multiple cedars were ruined by fire, that stately trees are ruined and that a dense forest has been cut down and that the pine tree should wail over the fall of the cedar and the ruin of the stately trees.

So, if I am understanding this correctly, it appears that only one tree fell - the cedar of Lebanon, and that there were multiple other trees that were either cut down or destroyed by fire. So, to return to your original question, I would have to answer that there were more than two trees, but only one tree fell. The others were either cut down or destroyed by fire. So, that would then give credence to one nation, one tree. And, the trees represent the pride, power and arrogance of the nations in this particular passage. Since this is the passage the Lord led me to read, this is my point of reference, not the whole of scripture, since I am not interpreting the scripture literally but rather it is being used as an illustration. God has used this passage to show me the principle behind the passage - the tree representing the pride, arrogance and power of a nation and that the fall of the tree represents the fall of that nation.

God bless your courage. There are many who feel that God is sitting dormant, waiting or the kettle to boil. Prophesies have been repeated many times throughout the old and new testaments. I believe what you say because the world is in such a state that it requires a major wake up call. It doesn't matter if it's America, Canada or Timbuktu. If we don't repent and give God the glory He deserves, we will perish. You don't have to be a prophet to see that we live in a cess pool

Guest jckduboise
christ free servant,

i hope you don't have any trees in your yard that topples over during a storm it could be a sign towards you. i think you are misrepresenting the scriptures and the tree falling.

OC

I am suprised at your comment OC..

I don't feel there is misrepresentation on Sue's part. I fee there is misinterpretation on your part..

Guest jckduboise

christ free servant,

i hope you don't have any trees in your yard that topples over during a storm it could be a sign towards you. i think you are misrepresenting the scriptures and the tree falling.

OC

In addition to this christ free servant

if you want to warn America to wake then hearld this gospel message from the pages of God's word

I notice you only say it was "ONE" tree that fell but the scriptures you use to back up what you are thinking does not fit what you saw. The scripture in Zechariah chapter 11 talks about the PRIDE of TWO trees. So how do you rectify all of this you have said thus far when it was only ONE tree that fell.

OC

:) Sue, a serious comment and question. And to Butero as well. This board is read by people from all over the world, that's why my comment about visions about other countries; it was not meant to be as flipant as it came across. What about the G-dly men and women in the country? Are they to be judged as well? Or will they insulated against this judgment? I guess what I am getting at, is that there is no judgment indicated in the Scriptures for Christians. We have already be judged in Christ Jesus.

well for those who are resting on their laurels as being a "Christian" and having already been judged..let me just say that Pride and a False Sense of Security will get ya..God will judge ALL, if you have a closet to be cleaning best clean it.

God is looking for humble and pure..not proud and boastful..not complacent and lazy..so what if there is no judement indicated for Christian's, we Christians are people and will fall in line for judgement just as everyone else..

God bless your courage. There are many who feel that God is sitting dormant, waiting or the kettle to boil. Prophesies have been repeated many times throughout the old and new testaments. I believe what you say because the world is in such a state that it requires a major wake up call. It doesn't matter if it's America, Canada or Timbuktu. If we don't repent and give God the glory He deserves, we will perish. You don't have to be a prophet to see that we live in a cess pool

Gerioke, thank you so much for your thoughts. Yes, if all we did was watch the news we could see just from the events alone that God most certainly is Sovereign, that he is "moving the chess pieces" into place, and that ultimately he will show that he alone is God, that we are to have no other gods before him, that he longs to be merciful to us, and that he is working to turn our hearts back to him. He desires to put a new song in our mouths - a song of praise to him. He wants to give us new hearts and it is his will that we discard our "idols" as filthy rags (which they are). He has spoken through his messengers over and over and over again, but alas the words fell on deaf ears. So, he must discipline us in order to get us to our knees in true humility before him. I don't look forward to the "sorrow that lasts for the night," but how I long for the "joy that comes in the morning." I long to see America in revival. You know how some kids have to learn the hard way because they are stubborn and rebellious, well, I think America is that kid. God desired to do it the easy way, but now he is going to have to do it the hard way. I truly believe that.