IGNORED

Questions Regarding "Prophets"

Ovedya

Guest jckduboise
What about hurricane katrina? Wouldn't have been nice to have a tested group of prophets tell us specifically about it and warn us?

There were. No one listened because they weren't famous.

We have no shortage of prophetic utterances.

We have a lack of discernment in too many "shepherds" compounded by a spiritual coma state. We are feeding our souls instead of our spirits in most congregations of the west.

Bravo Yod! ;)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/11/1956

Hey

We need the schools where they gather. I am not talking about prophets who go around the country. I am talking about getting together in groups and learning more about how the Lord works through them together, edifying one another in Him.

Yes, we can all hear God, but the office of a prophet is a real one. And they receive information that others will not receive because they are suppose to be busy in their own calls, not messing around trying to be the 'latest and best thing' for anyone.

A pastor has pastorial responsibilities of which he/she will be accountable for doing or not doing on judgement day. Lives depend on us fulfilling our calls. The same goes for apostles, prophets, preachers, ect.. all the way down to someone who waters the flowers, or washes clothes, ect...

Our fullness is in Him and we are to santify ourselves for Him and as He did, for His will for our lives.

We need the prophets. There is much that needs to be revealed to the body of Christ through them that would bless everyone. But, if we reject the real ones just because of the fake ones, we are the ones who are hurt.

I got this feeling that the true prophets are hiding.

shalom

stace

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Hey

We need the schools where they gather. I am not talking about prophets who go around the country. I am talking about getting together in groups and learning more about how the Lord works through them together, edifying one another in Him.

Yes, we can all hear God, but the office of a prophet is a real one. And they receive information that others will not receive because they are suppose to be busy in their own calls, not messing around trying to be the 'latest and best thing' for anyone.

A pastor has pastorial responsibilities of which he/she will be accountable for doing or not doing on judgement day. Lives depend on us fulfilling our calls. The same goes for apostles, prophets, preachers, ect.. all the way down to someone who waters the flowers, or washes clothes, ect...

Our fullness is in Him and we are to santify ourselves for Him and as He did, for His will for our lives.

We need the prophets. There is much that needs to be revealed to the body of Christ through them that would bless everyone. But, if we reject the real ones just because of the fake ones, we are the ones who are hurt.

I got this feeling that the true prophets are hiding.

shalom

stace

Absolutely! :o I have been taught that the gift of prophecy is a hard gift, and it is very misunderstood, and those that have it are mistreated and sometimes just unloved. It is not a gift to pursue, as so many of them are very alone. God bless them!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

It is very sad as there are so many that are trying so hard to be God's spokesman within this hour and day we live in. The times we are living are difficult as we have seen so much disaster with our eyes of late. And many apart from God's word have started speaking from out of their own imaginations thinking they are speaking from the mouth of the Lord. For we must be careful what we embrace in what others are presenting to us as quote "A word from God, A personal word from God, etc.,

I don't claim to be anything but I have been grieved for sometime at some of the things I have been reading that are being claimed they are from God. I know God will always confirm His word and so much is being said that is not confirmed by the Spirits witness.

I know in the old testament they did have schools of the prophets as the prophets back in those days were not ignorant on the commands of God for they studied them intensely and could impart the knowledge of God unto them and show them their errors and where they went wrong precisely. But today the self proclaimed prophets and spokesman for God can't show you in the word hardly anything they only have dreams and opinions mostly.

And I want to say I know dreams and visions do happen I am not pooh pooing on that but they are only that dreams and visions and cannot be trusted for accuracy. The old paths are to be desired in this heart of mine. For our examples of old will always inspire the new. It has always been like that from the beginning the old always inspires the new.

We must all come and be taught from the pages of God's word we must be built upon the foundations of the prophets and apostles (both old and new testaments) the more sure word of prophecy.

For this is what I hope America and all abroad will once again adhere and turn unto with their whole hearts and learn of the God in which we say we serve but know so little about.

Just thoughts from a heavy heart today. blessings

Openly Curious

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10

"The work of a Hebrew prophet was to act as God

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10

Would we have such a wide variety of confusion of the Bible if we had a prophet on the earth today to tell us the correct interpretaion of scripture?

Yes, we would.

Just because you have a prophet, that doesn't mean everybody, or even anybody, is going to listen to him.

If a prophet of the likes of Elijah were preaching today, half the church world would be overturned in a matter of days, and there'd be "christians" trying to kill him, and telling him to shut up because what he said was too harsh.

That is exactly true. Christians do not accept real prophets. The false ones are very readily accepted.

I believe in modern day prophets. How do I know they are prophets? I have prayed about them and studied their "fruits". The Holy Spirit has confirmed to me they are prophets of God. God is a God of order, not a God of confusion. Any church claiming to be the only true church of God must be led by a prophet, who has been called of God.

You're right regarding people not listening to prophets. In the times of the Bible, people did not hearken to the teachings of Moses, Isaiah, Ezekial and such. But the ones that did listen to them were blessed. Revelation from God to His prophets, regardless of the time we live in, always trumps scripture. "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." (Amos 3:7)

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

What about hurricane katrina? Wouldn't have been nice to have a tested group of prophets tell us specifically about it and warn us?

We have a lack of discernment in too many "shepherds" compounded by a spiritual coma state. We are feeding our souls instead of our spirits in most congregations of the west.

Bravo Yod! :thumbsup:

Who?

Who gave the prophecies?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I don't know if this qualifies as a "prophecy" or not or if it qualifies as interpretation of tongues, but here is something that did happen some years back in our church:

A message was given out in tongues by someone (don't remember who). It was interpreted by someone else and the message was given out something to the extent of their being "sin in the camp" and (I think) God wasn't going to be moving until the sin was dealt with. I don't know whatever became of it, but it does stick in my mind.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Bravo Yod! :thumbsup:

Who?

Who gave the prophecies?

I did for one. I know that is going to sound pious, and whatever, but you can search this website as well as a few other christian forums for it. Including one dream that I posted before Katrina hit, in which I described watching an eagle and american flag, each cut out of what i believe to be granite, each being packed by giant whirlwinds, which at the time I called tornadoes, and then they were dumped into the ditch by a forklift after the tornadoes dropped them.

Unfortunately mods got angry with me on both this site and the other one, and locked//deleted most of the relevant threads, and continue to do so almost every time i bring it up, but if you search, you can find some of these posts, or a link to them.

I also put out paperwork at my job in which I prophesied a major hurricane, which I was confident enough to call either a category 4 or 5 storm, hitting new orleans and killing hundreds and destroying much of the city less than 8 months before it happened. The few people who read it threw their copy in the trash or used it as a coaster with one or two exceptions.

So the one that everyone can read is obscure and not accurate.

The one no one can read and that only a handful of people recieved was dead on....but of course we can't prove this. :cool:

Guest jckduboise

Would we have such a wide variety of confusion of the Bible if we had a prophet on the earth today to tell us the correct interpretaion of scripture?

Yes, we would.

Just because you have a prophet, that doesn't mean everybody, or even anybody, is going to listen to him.

If a prophet of the likes of Elijah were preaching today, half the church world would be overturned in a matter of days, and there'd be "christians" trying to kill him, and telling him to shut up because what he said was too harsh.

That is exactly true. Christians do not accept real prophets. The false ones are very readily accepted.

I believe in modern day prophets. How do I know they are prophets? I have prayed about them and studied their "fruits". The Holy Spirit has confirmed to me they are prophets of God. God is a God of order, not a God of confusion. Any church claiming to be the only true church of God must be led by a prophet, who has been called of God.

You're right regarding people not listening to prophets. In the times of the Bible, people did not hearken to the teachings of Moses, Isaiah, Ezekial and such. But the ones that did listen to them were blessed. Revelation from God to His prophets, regardless of the time we live in, always trumps scripture. "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." (Amos 3:7)

:thumbsup: