botticelli

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Lawyer for God: Before you get too carried away with this novel 'end times' drivel which passes for sound doctrine these days, please go to the Greek text, and find ANYWHERE that mentions a period of time called THE Great Tribulation.

Once you have seen that the very phrase itself is a hoax perpetrated on the Church, I'm sure your studies will lead you in many interesting directions.

MAt 21: 21 I do not have greek alphabet on this computer, but the words "tribulation great" are there. Not "great tribulation," but close enough.

not close enough, but exact.....

each language has its own set of rules as far as language syntax.... sentence formation....

some actually read from right to left ( such like Hebrew ) and some the subject is the very last word or two of the sentence, where we do not know what is being talked about until the end of the sentence (such is like German) some might read a bit like English, each has its own set of rules.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

the definite article is not added to the verse concerning tribulation.

Matt.24:21

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

I think the KJV is the most referred to version.

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Hazard: Sun, moon, stars, clouds, all have symbolic meaning. Further among 1st century Palestinian Jews it is often very difficult to tell what they mean by 'the world'. Often 'the whole world' to them was just the 'important' part: That postage stamp sized piece called Israel. The phrase 'all the people' is usually understood as just the Jews. The Book of Revelation is unspeakably rich, and I believe the modern 'prophecy teachers' have greatly impoverished the Church with their shallow, awkward teachings...........

• 2 months later...
Guest soccermarkie

What I don't understand about people saying that "the tribulation already happened" is, I don't understand what we're doing here then. If the tribulation and the things in Revelation have already happened then Jesus has had his Second Coming. What are we doing here then? Why is there still sin? Jesus doesn't have a Third Coming. Satan is not thrown into the pit. Unless I'm misunderstanding the conversation, can someone help me out? Thanks.

Guest Theology_Professor

Before any of the 7 year tribulation begins.

Could be any day as the rapture is imminent, but there is a time more likely during the year than any other time.

No signs are needed. The signs the bible gives us points to the tribulation, not the rapture.

None of the tribulation has happened yet. We are waiting, but it is not the tribulation we look for as we will not be here.

The rapture is not a hoax nor is it new in theology. Those who are orthodox and sound believe in it.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Before any of the 7 year tribulation begins.

Could be any day as the rapture is imminent, but there is a time more likely during the year than any other time.

No signs are needed. The signs the bible gives us points to the tribulation, not the rapture.

None of the tribulation has happened yet. We are waiting, but it is not the tribulation we look for as we will not be here.

The rapture is not a hoax nor is it new in theology. Those who are orthodox and sound believe in it.

Well, proff, would you please give me your definition of *orthodox* and *sound*.because it sounds to me like you are waffling on a bit. Besides you never did answer me when I asked where and when you obtained your degree.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  101
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/02/1948

The book pf Revelations is actually specific on the order of when things will happen : Chapters 1 thru 3 are about the age of the church (now). Chapters 4 thru 18 are on the tribulation period and 19 thru 22 are about the new beginning. So the rapture comes before the tribulation. See all you saints above. God Bless

Guest friend in faith

with all the stuff going on right now

i was wondering when u think the rapture will happen?

i just want to hear people's opinions on this

Well my pastor teaches that the rapture will take place when the Kingdom of Heaven has been peached to the entire world

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

any time, my friend, anytime.......

all the Lord has to do is have the Trumpet sounded...

everything that has to take place, must take place prior, has already been fulfilled, everything else can happen before or after... and some will only happen after.....

friend in faith

"

Well my pastor teaches that the rapture will take place when the Kingdom of Heaven has been peached to the entire world"

The Gospel is being preached in every country now... the entire world has been receiving the Gospel of Jesus Christ...

mike

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

with all the stuff going on right now

i was wondering when u think the rapture will happen?

i just want to hear people's opinions on this

Hi botticelli,

Not until the man of sin is revealed!

2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

2Th 2:3