• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

Is it possible that anti- christ may be existing right now , that he may be preparing to make his grand entrance as the world's stages get set. I would like to hear others opinion on this

The spirit of the antichrist is and has been in this world for some time now(as it is written). But the Anti-Christ ruler, he is surley on his way to power. He could well be the pope, the president, the prime minister, the most famous pastor, the nation of peoples in enmity towards God, a famous entertainer, a not to noticable politician who suddenly rises to power, an orginization of world powers seeking war against God, or any person with the spirit of the antichrist within them.

:thumbsup:

Regardless, the bigger concern should be the rising of the beast and not excepting his mark. Because the antichrist is not quite the beast or as influential. Though many people think of the Beast and the Anti-Christ to be one; but if that is the case then I know exactly who the beast is...

What about the false prophet, the baptist minister that made fire come down out of the sky in the presence of the beast and consumed Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

Now we are picking on the baptists? I agree we won't know until it is revealed WHO the antichrist will be but I think it will come from one of the "new age" sectors that are springing up and becoming popular today.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  06/05/1967

name='ruck1b' date='Jun 8 2007, 07:54 AM' post='879073']

I'm refering to post number 93 in which post 94 was directed (well at least to two sentences). Read that FULL post again.

I already read the whole post....

It's funny how the Body of Christ is so often in thier own thought concerning so many things. This thread just like many topics proves that we dont know what we are talking about, and do so much guess work.

You seem to think every one should skip over and not discuss anything "in the Bible" concerning the anti-christ and so on....even though John says in Rev. 1:3 "Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keeps those things written in it; for the time is near."

I stated earlier in this thread, if you keep your focus on Christ, then anything that is "anti" Christ will be seen.

There are people who are truely devoted to Christ who read and study ALL the Bible, including end time prophecies, the anti-christ and the warnings about the things that must take place.......Although not every one is interested in learning about those things, we should not be dicouraging a balanced study of them,especially for people who are led to do so.....We would not even be able to study them in the first place if men who were led by the Holy Spirit, were not moved to write them down for us to study in the first place....

I hear so many naming who the anti-christ is and such. I find it amazing that the Word does not name a person but we do.

I did not see that any one 'named' the anti-christ..maybe I missed that post?? :wub:

In any case keep "looking to Jesus the Author and Perfecter of our faith".

Amen to that... And anyone who is able to chew gum and walk at the same time, should be able to study more than just one subject in the 'Word'.............. :24:

I for one, believe in the rapture and believe we will not even be here when the anti-christ is revealed.....I also know that we all have a difference of opinion on these subjects.......I will not force or dictate to you what you should or shouldn't be studying or be concerned with... based on my beliefs.......

" Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you."

"That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. "

Being of one mind does not mean what you seem to be implying here...God made us all different and we all have different interests,ideas and opinions....no two people are exactly the same........We are many members of one Body, each member has a different,yet important, function in the Body....Every one here seems to be focused on God's Word....Who's to say what verses one should be focused on?? Me?? You?? Or the Holy Spirit who lives in each believer and guides each of our lives and minds into all truth as He wills..??

There is nothing wrong with being on fire for the Lord....as long as we don't lose sight of who is in control of each member, and who the Body belongs to and let Him guide each member to function in the area of His will, NOT OURS..... :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

I'd love to see a Soap Box debate between "Rev Turmoil" and "from the wind"

Rev thinks it's Saddam, and Wind thinks it's the Statue of Liberty, or America, or something like that. Obviously, one or both of you would be incorrect. Unless, of course, it's a Muslim American... :thumbsup:

t.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

Grace be wtih you all,

I have read a great many posts on this particular subject in this thread. I don't understand everything and readily admit to it. But as I read these various posts the words "and brother shall turn against brother etc..." going on in my mind. Yes many of agree there will be a tribulation. From that perspective alone there are many scenerios alone that divide us. Also those who do not believe also have a lot of scenerios to choose from. So we agrue brother against brother.

There is great debate on who the anti christ is. Some say its the spirit of not believing, some say it is a man others have their own beliefs. But the fact is we do not know for sure. Only God knows the big picture. We cannot handle the big picture as we are right now.

My own hope is not to be here when things start really getting bad but if God ordains I must go through the fire my only worry then is will I stand by my convictions. It's easy to say yes when we have not been going through the fire. But until we get there we do not know hwo we will react. It is my hope that I can draw up on God's strength and not lose focus on God during the times of trial myself. I ask you all to examine how you come through times of trial in your life. Do we still give God the Glory no matter what? or do we curse the problem and profane God's name. I ask this because I have been guilty of that many times. I am being honest here.

So what to believe? Delve into the Bible and take it for what it says. Try not to read interpetations into it it will only confuse you more as it does me. Then maybe we can stand together brother by brother etc....

Giving all Glory to God - papasangel

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

I think Tony Blair would fit the bill. There's talk of him being made a peace envoy to the Middle East, talk of him becoming the first presidemt of the EU, and he has a very global outlook and his so-called Christian faith is more of a religion from what I can tell than a personal experience of being born again. He has a persuasive tongue, a messicanic zeal, embraces all faiths as having equal validity and his watchword is "compromise", in other words, he has little regard for truth and prefers peace at any cost. It is rumoured that he will convert to Roman Catholicism after he leaves the office of PM, and join his wife in her beliefs, so he has no particular grounding in truth, only in what is convenient.

Having said all that, I wouldn't stake a penny on Tony Blair being the antichrist - it's just a bit of speculation on my part! What I believe is wrong is when poeple attempt to turn such speculations into prophetic truths - dodgy ground, I think.

Ruth

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I think Tony Blair would fit the bill. There's talk of him being made a peace envoy to the Middle East, talk of him becoming the first presidemt of the EU, and he has a very global outlook and his so-called Christian faith is more of a religion from what I can tell than a personal experience of being born again. He has a persuasive tongue, a messicanic zeal, embraces all faiths as having equal validity and his watchword is "compromise", in other words, he has little regard for truth and prefers peace at any cost. It is rumoured that he will convert to Roman Catholicism after he leaves the office of PM, and join his wife in her beliefs, so he has no particular grounding in truth, only in what is convenient.

Having said all that, I wouldn't stake a penny on Tony Blair being the antichrist - it's just a bit of speculation on my part! What I believe is wrong is when poeple attempt to turn such speculations into prophetic truths - dodgy ground, I think.

Ruth

Since Satan has done everything in his power to mimic God/Christ, I wouldn't be surprised if the anti-christ was Jewish as well, or at least arabic. How can someone say they are the messiah if they can't convince the Jews of that. The Jews know their Messiah will be of Jewish descent, so it makes sense that Satan would use a jewish person as a counterfeit Christ/messiah. Now, this doesn't mean the person practices Judaism, for all we know this person could be atheist and if he can convince the Jews and Muslims that he is the mahdi/messiah they have all been waiting for, then that would make his job of ruling the world much easier. Many Jews and Muslims are quite superstitious, so it shouldn't be too hard for the anti-christ to bamboozle them into following him.

We are all blessed because of the Jewish people. without their bloodline, Christ wouldn't have been born and died to save all of mankind, please do not take my words out of context and accuse me of anti-semitism, because I am not.

But, the Jewish people are still waiting for their Messiah, Christians believed that Jesus fulfilled all the OT prophecies regarding Him; however, the Jewish people are still waiting for fulfillment, so if our Christ wasn't able to convince them that He was their prophecied Messiah, then whoever they do accept will be just as qualified (according to their scripture) to be Messiah, as Christians believe that Christ was.

The AC, in my opinion has got to be of Arabic-Jewish decent. (Assyrian) seems to be the general consensus on this.

I am not going to speculate on who the AC is going to be, but I will speculate on who most resembles this AC. George Soros. But, the thing that disqualifies Soros, is that the AC is described as being successful in everything he wants to accomplish. George Soros, has wanted a democrat as president of the US for nearly 8 years now and has tried, unsuccessfully, up to this point, to get one in there. Already, Soros is a failure and is disqualified as AC, but the AC will be similar to Soros in that Soros is Jewish, but is focused on absolutely obliterating the Judeo-Christian Religions and by removing any moral guidance society has in place. If no one believes in God anymore, it will be much easier to convince them that you are one.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Don't forget, that most Jewish people will admire and respect the AC in the beginning and may entertain the thoughts that he may be the Messiah they have all been waiting for. He will set up a kingdom in Babylon, which who knows, perhaps in the 7 year treaty, the Jews will actually posess the full territory that God granted them, so they could be convinced that their "messiah" (the AC) is setting things right and establishing His kingdom. But, the AC will make a mistake and the Jews will mourn and realize that Jesus was in fact their Messiah and that they had killed Him.

That will happen at some point in the middle of the tribulation and precede the "Great Tribulation."

• 1 month later...
Guest beenkenobee
Is it possible that anti- christ may be existing right now , that he may be preparing to make his grand entrance as the world's stages get set. I would like to hear others opinion on this

satan always had to have someone ready to assume the anti-christ position.

• Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

I think Satan had Hitler all ready to go for the role...but of course, God had other plans. He sure fit the bill quite well, though. I look at it this way, as I believe in the Rapture, I won't be here to see the guy...so why worry? :24:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,858
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Yep...I would have thought myself that it could very probably have been Hitler.

Then again....it could have been Nero.....or President Bush....or Tony Blair....or Pol Pot... or the maniac in Iran....

Jury's still out on this one, people....relax and try to focus your mind on other things. :24: