solemntruth

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Have our pastors been faithful to preach the gospel of Christ in strict obedience to the instructions of the Apostle Paul, or have they preached worldly sermons that have scattered our flock to offend our Father God?

Jer2

[8] The priests said not, Where is the LORD? and they that handle the law knew me not: the pastors also transgressed against me, and the prophets prophesied by Baal, and walked after things that do not profit.

Jer3

[15] And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

Jer10

[21] For the pastors are become brutish, and have not sought the LORD: therefore they shall not prosper, and all their flocks shall be scattered.

Jer12

[10] Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.

Jer22

[22] The wind shall eat up all thy pastors, and thy lovers shall go into captivity: surely then shalt thou be ashamed and confounded for all thy wickedness.

Jer23

[1] Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD.

[2] Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD.

Have our pastors been faithful to preach the gospel of Christ in strict obedience to the instructions of the Apostle Paul, or have they preached worldly sermons that have scattered our flock to offend our Father God?

Jer2

[8] The priests said not, Where is the LORD? and they that handle the law knew me not: the pastors also transgressed against me, and the prophets prophesied by Baal, and walked after things that do not profit.

Jer3

[15] And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

Jer10

[21] For the pastors are become brutish, and have not sought the LORD: therefore they shall not prosper, and all their flocks shall be scattered.

Jer12

[10] Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.

Jer22

[22] The wind shall eat up all thy pastors, and thy lovers shall go into captivity: surely then shalt thou be ashamed and confounded for all thy wickedness.

Jer23

[1] Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD.

[2] Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD.

Edited by solemntruth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Perhaps you could expound upon what you mean. Thanks.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I think their are many wonderful, faithful men of G-d behind pulpits all across America. You never hear about them, you never see them on TV and they may never write a book, but they are preaching the gospel and shepherding people's hearts as the Lord has called them to do. A mega church or multi million dollar "ministry" is no sign of G-d's blessing.

Don't be put off by the greasy, sleazy, snake-oil types you see on our "christian" TV stations. If that's the only exposure to "men of G-d" you have, it's very easy to become cynical.

Although I am curious what version of the bible you quoted in your post?

Pastors:

Have they been faithful?

No.

Why?

Because instead of seeking truth from God they follow the theologians (modern day Scribes and Pharisees) to places of separation and vanity

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved this from the outer court to the general forum as it is really not an outer court type of thing

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Wow...The Pastors I have known for the very most part have a heart to serve the children and teach Jesus Christ...

Not many complaints here...

I have been blessed indeed!!

Are there ones who are as you speak of ??? Yes...but I have only met a couple of them...

I have heard of more out there in the world ....

but the people must want such leaders or their churches would be empty...

The people make the church and if they go to a church with such a pastor they are supporting him...

all people have to do when under such obvious mis-leadership is leave and go somewhere their spirits witness to the teachings of the leader of the church....

My relationship with Jesus is very personal...

If I am going to such a church and am praying for God to keep me firmly within His will and that I not be led astray He will show me whether or not the Pastor is a true Pastor...

The blame falls on me if I accept false teachings and follow such a shepherd....

And that is how I feel about it...

Are we not warned??

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2Pe 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Pastors are servants of the congregations. Thus if we are in wide error, then we cannot lay the blame at the feet of those serving us, but must look much deeper.

There will always be denominations and division. Since day one of the reformation we have been splintering, so this is the state that we find ourselves. The Catholics would say, well we told you so, I would say the division has been worth the cost as the bible was opened. But divisions and denominations are not the fault of theologians and pastors.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  9
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

Well all have had good argument on this some have and some havent why? because we are flesh and all fall short of the glory of God! Thats why the bible tells us to only put our faith in God man will let you down, and the short of it is God has given us a dicerning spirit to giude us and doesent matter what any pastor is doing thats Gods call and He alone will Judge them, they are held more acountable for there sins when they claim to be men of God, but it is my belief that even If they arnt faithfull God will use them He used a donkey and His word will never come out void!!

Just my thoughts on this thanks for the post.

Love Markinprayer

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Pastors:

Have they been faithful?

No.

Why?

Because instead of seeking truth from God they follow the theologians (modern day Scribes and Pharisees) to places of separation and vanity