• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Not at all! I DO get upset with people (especially professionals) who greatly overstate what science can do. Just read Kant's Critique of Pure Reason and you'll clearly see why 'science so-called' as Paul called it, is just plain nonsensical.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I do not confuse Science with Nature. It is all the same! I do believe, however, that what you are actually doing is trying to run everything by the "yardstick" or standard of science. That is such a futile endeavour! You cannot measure anything by the standard of science. God is so far above all that! That tells me that your god is science and you are actually an idol worshiper. There is always a substitute for God in people where they have that void. In your case it is science.

So, if you continue this, one day you could easily be standing before the Lord of Lords and proclaim that you deserve to live because you were actually worshiping His creation. That will not cut it with the Almighty God.

It is what you do with His Son that gains or denies you entrance to a relationship with God Almighty, sylvan3. Please open up your heart and mind, dear. It truly is all about faith. :)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Well, I did have a rather bad experience with a home chemistry set when I was 9, but no, I don't fear science at all. :wub:

Why would I?

t.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  682
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

To me, science involves establishing cause and effect.

That's a pretty narrow definition of "science".

That tells me that your god is science and you are actually an idol worshiper.

Now that's saying something!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I am in the sciences, and Im a Christian. I do not fear science. I do admit to a little trepidation to what mankind can do with science (think nuclear bomb). I think it is rather arrogant of some of those who do not believe in Jesus to assume that Christians have to be uneducated and scared of science.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I do not confuse Science with Nature. It is all the same! I do believe, however, that what you are actually doing is trying to run everything by the "yardstick" or standard of science. That is such a futile endeavour! You cannot measure anything by the standard of science. God is so far above all that! That tells me that your god is science and you are actually an idol worshiper. There is always a substitute for God in people where they have that void. In your case it is science.

So, if you continue this, one day you could easily be standing before the Lord of Lords and proclaim that you deserve to live because you were actually worshiping His creation. That will not cut it with the Almighty God.

It is what you do with His Son that gains or denies you entrance to a relationship with God Almighty, sylvan3. Please open up your heart and mind, dear. It truly is all about faith. :emot-handshake:

I don't believe in Judgment Day. There is no scientific evidence that it exists or will exist.

If you were extremely ill and went to the doctor, would you want him to give you the latest treatment based on the latest science? If there was no scientific evidence that a treatment A worked, but there was scientific evidence that treatment B worked, which one would you pick? That's what I'm talkin' about...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Sylvan, if, in your analogy, treatment A is Judgement day, what's Treatment B? :emot-handshake:

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Do Christians fear science? I don't. Science proves just how awesome God is, Edison in his later years, expressed that the more he learned and explored science the more he held a belief in God... But a beilief/relationship with God requires faith. Faith is not something that can be placed under an electron microscope and examined.

For example...

Sylvan, is there a parent, child or person in your life that you love, that you would protect to the death for? Now using science, prove it. Could we find love in a blood test? Would an MRI express the total depth of your devotion for those who you love? If you were to be disected and all your organs, glands, enzymes, and cells examined, would your love for those important to you be found there?

Sure seems like silly questions, huh?

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  640

in answer to your original question. no christians do not fear science. personally i view science as an inconsequential collection of theories, when they try to address the facts of creationism. when they address things of biology, earth sciences, things they can put into a test tube, i have no problem listening to them and admitting their possible expertise in those areas.

if they don't believe in things they can't see, then they shouldn't comment and/or publish theories on said topic. if they wish to write about their unproven theories, they should list them as "working hypotheses" and not try to pass them off on the unsuspecting as fact. since many uninformed persons like to take those hypotheses and run around expounding on them as if they were fact. when actually they only sounded good to them and made them feel vindicated about their own issues.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  640

God didn't think we could reach Him! Wherever did you get that idea? :):emot-highfive:

that is what i was taught also. the tower of babel was built in an attempt to reach heaven and be closer to God. they exceeded themselves in their arrogance. so God punished them. check out, Genesis, chapter 11, verses 5 through 11, God confused the speech of the peoples and sent to the corners of the world. the nkjv, doesn't say anything about their trying to reach God, it says they built a tower whose top reached the heavens, and God confused their languages and dispersed them, because after the completion of the tower, nothing would be denied them. it could be infered, that man could not handle this level of accomplish at this point in history. mans' attitude would be hindered. however God has not hindered or stopped man in his achievements at this point in history. perhaps he should in the morally challenged field of genetics research.

floatingaxe, did not say, we could not reach God. she said they were trying to reach God by their own hand, (paraphrased) ouside of Gods' will and way.