IGNORED

Blessed are the poor in spirit

Guest jckduboise

Guest jckduboise

Mat 5:3 Blessed [are] the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

About 18 months after I had quit using drugs and alcohol I was living in an apartment with my daughter and attending a 2 yr out-patient treatment program. I was so lowly in spirit..so broken from years of mental, physical and sexual abuse by nearly every person who had come in contact with me that I had nothing left that was light. My struggle to walk with my head high was so strong and so disheartening that I kept myself apart from people for the shame that I felt inside of me.

I had turned my life over to Christ but my struggle to keep out of deep depressions and panic attacks being around others and in being alone kept me in such bondage that I felt I would never be free..

One night I had a dream..a lovely dream of the love that Christ has for me. I must share this dream finally with you all for He has told me it is time..

THE DREAM

It was a beautiful clear day with perfect climate..the scene around me was of a mountain and of a trail.

I was taking a leisurely jog up this mountain trail. On the sides of this trail were people sitting idley on the grass talking with one another and not seeming to notice that the trail climbed higher and higher. I did not feel fatique though the climb up was quite steep..I just felt free and light and so full of joy..

As I rounded a bend on the trail I noticed that the steepness had leveled out and felt that I had nearly reached the end of this trail. It was during this awareness that I noticed a beautiful man sitting at the end of the trail as if waiting for me. Now when I say beautiful I mean there was not one part of this man that was not perfect to my eyes. There was not physical attraction toward this man..just a comfortable knowing that He was there for me and that I knew Him very well..

I stopped and looked at Him and then He stood and took my hand. I gladly accepted His hand and we walked to the edge of (what I thought) the mountain. But it was not the edge of the mountain, it was the edge of the WORLD. He reached out His arm and swept it across the sky as if showing a showcase item on the "Price is Right" . What lay beyond His Hand was the entire Earth..the New Earth in it's raw untouched perfect beauty. I saw mountains, valleys, forrests, rivers and the most beautiful water fall I had ever seen in my entire life.

He spoke to me in His mind and said "This is your inheritance..for blessed are the poor in spirit for they shall inherit the kingdom of Heaven" peace and love washed over me in such a way that when I woke I could still feel it.

Since this dream I am reminded from time to time that I have inherited the Kingdom of Heaven and that the persecution I have received throughout my life (though not understood that is what it was at the time) was to prepare me for my inheritance. Those that belong to the Lord are persecuted all through out their lives. They may not even know that they belong to the Lord and that what they are going through is because of this. Satan knows who is loved by our Father and seeks to destroy it from the very beginning.

Christ has won the battle and in doing so, I am an heir to the Kingdom Of God..

wow!!!!!!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/24/1953

Jackie my dear sister in Christ,

Praise God. This is a truly beautiful dream. Crystal clear. WOW!

Thanks for sharing it.

This will linger in my spirit.

God bless you

your sister in Christ Jesus

Swarna

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Thanks for sharing Jackie!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

((((((Jackieduboise)))))))

You are so right the devil from early years tried to destroy us so we wouldn't ever come into our inheritance from God the Father and to stop us from giving Him praise. The enemy still does this in our lives but we must perservere and press on up the trail of life if we want to obtain the things God has given to us freely. You blessed me greatly with your story. blessings to you

OC

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Jackie...

By giving you that dream, God was revealing to you, deep down, how you belong to His Forever Family! What a comfort to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are His forever! Such a blessing to have a dream like that! It seals the knowledge inside you somewhere, where that truth can never be taken, doesn't it?

Blessings! :noidea:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Rev. 3:11

I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.

That sure was an encouraging dream! Thanks for sharing Jackie :king:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Thanks for sharing Jackie. The Lord loves you sister, be blessed. :king:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  50