• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

First... Nobody who claims to serve Christ should be purchasing music made by persons who are unbelievers. It is like sleeping with the enemy. You are financially supporting a person who writes music from a worldly perspective. Even if the lyrics are not "evil" they are still at odds with God. I encourage people to buy Christian music whenever they are tempted to buy secular music. We should be supporting our musical brothers and sisters in Christ.

Bless you for your fortitude! :whistling:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Grateful for your input, Axxman

That is what I wanted, to get various perspectives.

The original website, I have some problems with, myself. I know they speak quite a lot of truth.

I think also that maybe they are a little over zealous in some of their content.

But I would still recommend the video I referenced on my last post, namely 'They sold their soul for rock and roll', which deals not with Christian artists, but secular, and highlights dark allegiances which the general population may not be familiar with, or may not connect the dots regarding the dark side of rock music.

I just finished watching the video. It is a good vid. I didn't really make the "rock-n-roll" connection since it was established that the demonic influences were spread across many different lifestyles and music. However, the message itself was valid. Don't confuse the lines between the things of this world and the things of God. If someone saw this video (or any other video showing these connections) and still felt safe with a dose of the worlds music...then they are fooling themselves. I mean seriously...if Don Henley and The Monkees are linked to the occult (and they are)...then nobody is safe.

I just don't want people to get a negative idea about Christian musicians simply because of the style of music the sing. Most of them are genuinely in it for serving God's kingdom. Rich Mullins was identified as a "hippie" and "old rock-n-roller" from the 60's era. He was an odd dude, thats for sure. I remember being lucky enough to eat a late dinner with him one day before he died. People can label him whatever they want based on his style...he was a genuine man of God, with a true heart for worshipping God, and I was LUCKY to have had a few moments with him on this earth to share our faiths in Christ.

I disagree with the video notions that the evil is shared equally between the music, and the men.

Edited by Axxman

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Rock "music" - better LOUD NOISE! - might appeal to HellyWeirdo & compatriots, but it serves as the devil's "right-hand man." Hell would most probably welcome it with open tattoed arms. Check the features of the vast majority who offer it: aged-before their-time, appear punch-drunk, eyes (and mind no doubt) in a dizzying swirl, and spouting profanities unlimited in lyrics or speech. Why couldn't, for example, KISS serve as the lead attraction and as Satan's personal emmissaries to a lost generation? Rock Noise: slippery slope to gehenna and its cesspool world of disillusioned acidheads!

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for LIBERTY thru Your Cross!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

Rock "music" - better LOUD NOISE! - might appeal to HellyWeirdo & compatriots, but it serves as the devil's "right-hand man." Hell would most probably welcome it with open tattoed arms. Check the features of the vast majority who offer it: aged-before their-time, appear punch-drunk, eyes (and mind no doubt) in a dizzying swirl, and spouting profanities unlimited in lyrics or speech. Why couldn't, for example, KISS serve as the lead attraction and as Satan's personal emmissaries to a lost generation? Rock Noise: slippery slope to gehenna and its cesspool world of disillusioned acidheads!

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for LIBERTY thru Your Cross!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

Arthur...why do you insist on labeling with a broad brush a style of music? Can you not seperate the people from the music? Are you implying that "loud noise" is somehow more evil than soft noise? For every KISS, there is a Sting. For every Alice Cooper, there is a Don Henley. The ONLY "slippery slope to gehenna" is a failure to accept Christ and His gift on the cross. You refer to tattoo's, punch-drunk eyes, spouting profanities, etc. NONE of those things should be related to the sound of music, but the personal choices of those who play the music. If you've never seen a clean, well-mannered, soft spoken person who loves rock music...then you are truly living under a rock (pun intended.)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

You forgot NIN's "kinda I want to" LOL

But seriously, whats wrong with overly Satanic music? has anyone ever actually had a problem from having any around. I mean, most of the people I know were already possesed before they had ever even heard of the songs that matched their insides. And have never been changed in any way by any music.

And I know of quite a few people like this by the way.

• Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Trust me, they are being changed. That's how Satan works, insideously, gradually. The Bible says that we become what we behold.

I also knpw from experience that rock music is addicting, like a drug. And this was years ago before it was anywhere near what it is now.

And it's also not just the lyrics that affect you--it's the beat, too. Some of those beats are the same ones used in voodoo or forms of Satan worship in remote areas. I read about this years ago.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Reconditioned, it's a basic psychological fact that whatever you surround yourself with is going to influence you. Whether this be television, music, etc. Thus, if listening to music that lyrically is unhealthy, it is inevitably going to affect how you view the world. Though it may not change your overall world view, it will affect how fragile and fragmented your world view can be.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

To the people who believe in "Christian only" music. Do you also stay away from non Christian literature? Better not pick up the daily newspaper, you might become part of the wallowing cesspool. Better not watch Jeopardy on TV, it is satan's spawn.

Give me a break.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

To the people who believe in "Christian only" music. Do you also stay away from non Christian literature? Better not pick up the daily newspaper, you might become part of the wallowing cesspool. Better not watch Jeopardy on TV, it is satan's spawn.

Give me a break.

Agreed.

I should note that what I posted deals with overtly evil lyrics, where it is just blatantly obvious...and listening to these lyrics for entertainment value.

I listen mostly to what is considered "non-Christian" music, but the lyrics are not evil.

Give me a break.

Oh...I see...you only take "good" drugs. The bible says to bring "into captivity every thought...2 Cor 10:5" That would apply in every instance that you place your mind into the hands of anyone who wishes to entertain your mind.

I think you should be more interested in supporting artists you have more in common with spiritually. I cannot think of ONE non-christian artist that I am like-minded enough with to purchase his music. Books and TV are just as influential and people enter in at their own peril.

...AK...just curious about these "good" non-Christians you support. How do you justify that? I'm not saying that you have to sponser ONLY Christian people. However, in the case of music, you are supporting a musician that spreads a non-christian message to as many people as they can. If they are not serving Christ, who are they serving? And should we financially sponser their service?

And just who are these non-Christian musicians that have no "evil" in their lyrics?

I just wanna say...I realize I sound like a total "stick-in-the-mud" on this topic, and that is NOT my intent. I am very passionate about Christian music. Having worked in that industry I can relay the frustration of dealing with Christians who are continually trying to ride a fence in regards to secular and Christian music. To see young people come to a Christian concert wearing a $30 dollar T-shirt sponsoring their fave secular band...and leaving without supporting the Christian band the same way, is sad to me. If you guys like secular music..fine. I just don't think we should support it financially, before supporting our Christian brothers and sisters in ministry.