• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  520
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

Oh Lord my God,

When I in often wonder...

Consider all ... the world thy hands have made.

I see the stars, I hear thy rolling thunder.

Thy power throughout ...

the universe displayed!

~ How Great Thou Art! ~

bouncyhalo.gifAP

THEN SINGS MY SOUL!!! MY SAVIOR GOD TO THEE!!!

HOW GREAT THOU ART, HOW GREAT THOU ART!!!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  251
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/31/1943

Hbr 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

2Sa 22:31 [As for] God, his way [is] perfect; the word of the LORD [is] tried: he [is] a buckler to all them that trust in him.

Psa 18:30 [As for] God, his way [is] perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he [is] a buckler to all those that trust in him.

Luk 11:28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed [are] they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Act 19:20 So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

1Ti 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

2Ti 2:9 Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, [even] unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Isa 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

WHY DO WE PREACH THE GOSPEL ......... SO THAT UNBELIEVERS MAY BELIEVE.....

1Cr 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1Cr 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

1Cr 1:20 Where [is] the wise? where [is] the scribe? where [is] the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

1Cr 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

ALL WE CAN DO IS GIVE THE WORD OF THE LORD... DEBATING ARGUING, DOES NOTHING BUT CASUE STRIFE AND HARD FEELINGS....... CONFLICT DOES NOT WIN A SINGLE PERSON TO THE LORD..... BUT THE LOVE WE SHOW THEM ....... WE GIVE THE WORD OF GOD IN LOVE AND THEY HAVE THE CHOICE TO RECIEVE IT OR NOT...... THAT IS BETWEEN THEM AND GOD.

IF THEY REJECT WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ALL WE CAN TO IS GO ON AND DUST OUR FEET OF THEM .... AND SEEK SOMEOTHER PERSON OR PERSONS WHO WILL RECIEVE THE WORD OF OUR PRECIOUS LORD AND SAVIOUR.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

[

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

What else could anyone want or need?

Blessings ~

bouncyhalo.gifAP

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Morals are outside of god. I don't need a god to give me morals, I already know what is right and wrong based on our society, and society defines morals.

Okay. Where did societies

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Athiesm not a belief? I think actually the Supreme Court has upheld it, along with secular humanism, as belief systems.

Great post God-man!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  250

God-man,

By what you say here my friend you are not an atheist. If what you say is true, I hate to break it to you but you are an agnostic not an atheist.

If you are an atheist you do not believe in God period. If you just lack the belief in a God and are open to the possibility of a God you are an agnostic(not knowing).

My words

Then, my friend, you are not an atheist at all. You are an agnostic. An atheist not only does not believe in God, but refuses to believe in the possibility of there ever having been a God. An agnostic is someone who is skeptical about the existence of God, but still remains open-minded about the possibility.

your words in a later post, Good job, I am proud of you,you are learning from me. I feel like a proud parent of an honor student. I hope you keep this up.

Nicholas

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Psalm 14:1 The fool has said in his heart, there is no God......................

A study I did once told me that the words "there is" are added words so that would read ............the fool has said in his heart, no God. Now re punctuate that.

The fool has said in his heart No, God

Just thought you would like to know that.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  287
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

About natural processes and evolution: Study what the evolutionists have to say and you will find that it has no backing, unless you take it as your religion. Don't start in the middle like they try to, go to the beginning. The first living thing on this planet was a bacteria. Think about how extremely complicated a process it is to take in energy from the environment, expel waste, maintain chemical balance at just the right ph, and not to mention replicate itself. It went from being a pile of elements to living, (wasn't spontaneous generation disproved?). The DNA strand in that first bacteria is the same as the one we have now, it has never changed. It was necessary for the bacteria to exist, and had to be used by a bacteria in order to create one, which came first? DNA itself is extremely complicated, an unwound chromosome is a foot and a half long molecule! That coming together by chance is as likely as, in another man's words, "a tornado tearing through a junkyard and correctly assembling a Boeing 747".

What do you hate most about God?

Douay

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  511
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/08/1975

I understand what jesusislord is saying. As I usually stress, the Word of God is our only weapon, and sometimes it is the only weapon we have when it comes to people questioning us and the existance of a God. Some take it, some don't, but let us not get the idea that we can't use the Bible when it comes to an atheist. Ahem, as I used in my past post, John:3, 16. Does that not mean anything?

I heard it said once......

"Preach the Gospel always. Sometimes, use words."

My father was a super intellectual, die-hard athiest. There have, in his past, been strong Christians that have worked for weeks to prepare a discussion for him dealing with God and salvation issues. My father told it like this.....

"They had quote upon quote upon quote. Their arguement was solid, and they did it with the uttmost respect and sincere desire to lead me to Christ.

But as soon as they were done, I would tell them, 'Nice job. I just don't buy the premese for your arguement. I don't buy the Bible."

He told me that more than quoting Scripture, the one thing that impressed him the most about these Christians was the way they lived their life. The way they practiced what they preached. He was more affected by how they lived than what they said.

I agree. We can argue until we are blue in the face about TRUTH and what the Bible says about absolute truth. We can lay out logical and solid arguements concerning the existence of God, but if the one we are talking to doesn't buy the basis of our thoughts...then we are back to square one.

We need to come along side this person and LIVE the arguement. LIVE the TRUTH ABSOLUTELY!

There is another story I remember hearing...I will paraphrase it though for brevity sake....

A college man and a friend were talking apologetically about the reality of God. One was Christian...the other...athiest. The Christian didn't seem to get anywhere with what he was arguing with his athiest friend.

One day....he took this friend to an older..more mature Christian. This older Christian listened to all the doubts the athiest had and said simply this:

"Come. Live with me for thirty days and see how I live. See what I do. At the end of the thirty days, see if you cna't find proof of God."

How many of us can say that?

How many of us can look our athiest friend in the face, and challenge him to chadow us for a month and say that our life points to Christ?

I pray that my life is up for that kind of scrutiny! May we all one day find the boldness to say, "follow me because I follow Christ!"

Amen.......and A-MEN!!

~your humble servant in Christ

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  250

"Preach the Gospel always. Sometimes, use words."

Saint Francis of Assissi said this. yep, a Catholic

"They had quote upon quote upon quote. Their arguement was solid, and they did it with the uttmost respect and sincere desire to lead me to Christ.

But as soon as they were done, I would tell them, 'Nice job. I just don't buy the premese for your arguement. I don't buy the Bible."

Thank you for saying this. I already said it but I got slammed since I am a Catholic and therefore useless.

Finally, I am hearing truth and REASON for God's sake, and ya know what you didn't get this in the bible, you used your BRAIN. Good job.

Nicholas