2nd Ministry to leave TBN

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

This is an interesting topic. I really think I would need more information to decide my own opinion. I don't know what Zola Levitt says, and I dont agree with watering down a message. But I dont think Americans would take too kindly to a religious program which put down America either. Maybe one of the obvious fears about broadcasting Zola Levitt's show is the fact that mainstream Islamists might feel that it targets them as well. I know sometimes politics is best left out of certain topics. But that does not mean I am in favour of dropping Zola Levitt ministries either. I also think Israel needs as much support as it can get. I was booted from a chat room the other day for having the handle "ISupportZion". Whether or not you support the war campaigns of America in the last few years is one thing. I can understand there being differing opinions on that. But Israel was attacked by rocket fire constantly on their own soil. It's not only their right, but their duty to defend themselves. I was interested to read some quotes not too long ago made by Muslim residents in Haifa who actually supported Israel.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
Maybe TBN is sincere in their goal to evangelize. Preaching against Islam and Muslim leaders, however true the preaching may be, would not be the effective way to do this. It, in fact, would be detrimental to the goal of evangelising the Islamic world.

I highly doubt TBN's sincerity. The Arabs have more Land than any other ethnicity. When TBN sees a map of the Arab world, they see more TV stations. More stations means more revenue for TBN.

There was no good reason to cut off Zola. Zola's ministry is first and foremost about evangelism, and it says so on their website. Zola had a number of former terrorists on his program who are now Christians, such as Anis Shorrosh, Ergun Caner, Walid Shoebat, etc. All of those men were former Palestinian terrorists who are now outspoken against terrorism, but also preach Christ.

TBN has the ability to send only the programs it wants to send, to the Arab world. TBN could still broadcast Zola Levitt's program in the US and send other programming to the Middleeast if they were actually worried offending anyone. The same was true for Hal Lindsay. There is simply no acceptable reason to cancel Zola's program.

Furthermore as far as offending the Islamic world... Zola only preached against terrorism, and the hypocrisy of the media in its coverage of the conflict. We are told that the greater Arab world is peaceful and anti-terrorist. So how could they be offended if Zola's program reflected a similar moral position? If they are so peaceful, it would seem the Islamic world would lock arms with anyone preaching against terrorism. If not, then perhaps the moral divide between the terrorists and the greater Arab world is not as wide or as clear as we have been led to believe.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The Evangelist is to preach the "Good News."

On the flip side, how did Jesus "evangelize"? With cushy messages?

How many evangelists dare say, "If you want God to forgive your sins, you must forgive others their sins."

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Spot on, Neb. Jesus told the adultress, to Go and Sin no more. Period. No mish mush.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

How many evangelists dare say, "If you want God to forgive your sins, you must forgive others their sins."

Jesus did not operate in the office of evangelist exclusively. Jesus operated in the complete 5 fold ministry.

HAH!!!! I hadn't heard that one....and if HE operated in the five fold ministry what does that do for the rest of us????

Anita

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

who runs TBN?

It seems Taliban National Broadcasting owns TBN

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

Jesus did not operate in the office of evangelist exclusively. Jesus operated in the complete 5 fold ministry.

HAH!!!! I hadn't heard that one....and if HE operated in the five fold ministry what does that do for the rest of us????

Anita

Not sure what you mean about that question Anita would you mind clarifying it? thanks

• Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Zola felt compelled to direct his message to the ever-growing threat of Islam. He spoke openly against the evil that was besieging Israel. Long before the Intifada occurred, Zola spoke about an Islamic onslaught on those nations that supported Israel

Guest shiloh357
God will indeed bless Zola for taking a stand for Israel!

Amen! He is being blessed right now! He went home to be with the Lord on April 19, 2006, and I know his reward is very, very great!! :)