IGNORED

USA in prophecy

mrcorey

Guest liarsandmartyrs

If anyone watches Christian News, you would have seen not long after the capture of Hussain, our military has found that Hussain has been building a Babylon on the Euphrates river, for many years now. And that many of what is discussed in the bible, has been found by our military after S.H.'s capture. Families who have been paid for generations to gaurd and hide, for instance one thing they believe they had found was the firey furnace. Of course I have not seen it with my own eyes, but it would not be hard to believe either. Just some food for thought.

Edited by liarsandmartyrs

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know how much stock can be put in this, but the only attempt I have ever seen to put the USA into prophecy that makes even a modicum of sense is this: Ezekiel 38,13: Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?

The only nation supposedly to use the lion as its national symbol is England, and all the young lions thereof are speculated to be the nations born out of the British Empire, the USA being one of them. But I couldn't tell you if there is any truth in the idea.

YES!!! That part about coming from the British is exactly what I was going to say if no one else did!! There is a verse in the Bible that talks about the beasts and one of them was a lion that had the wings of an eagle or maybe it was that an eagle grew from this lion, but ever since I read that or sometime after, I came to believe that this could be about the U.S. I don't think it's fair to attack anyone about not liking Bush or what we're doing now in regards to foreign policy...I wouldn't want to make the mistake of believing that just because we see ourselves as good or only keep count of the good things we do that we should be safe from harm while other countries will be the ones to get what they deserve. I know most don't like to hear rants against America, and I don't want to step on any toes but it really seems like people are getting into trouble merely for having a different opinion. I dont want to confuse patriotism with truth or understanding of what is to come. I think if something bad is to happen to the U.S. then it's good to know about it now and understand why it will happen (we thought we were invincible in the 40s and that we could stay out of Europe's war but then Pearl Harbor happened, and then we thought we were safe and invincible again until 9/11. I'm not making light of that, but it should serve as an example. Even with the war, worse could still befall America. Look to the enemies that lay in wait, seemingly incapable of ever defeating us in combat, etc.). Maybe God will spare those who believe in Him, but we can't ignore the possibility that war is coming to our shores. that's what we should consider, not fear like madmen but at least give it some credit, it could happen.

I didn't vote for Bush either, and I'm glad that I didn't. When Clinton was running, I knew people shouldn't elect him, but it happened anyway, and I felt that Bush shouldn't win either. But I hope I don't have to be a Republican to be a Christian, and I hope that I won't be attacked for not being patriotic either. I don't want to believe that Bush is absolutely right just because he's in power. No offense to anyone. I didn't like Kerry either, but I believe I have a right to not like Bush as well.

Edited by heartofstone

• Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

If one believes in a literal Babylon one would have to look at who controls Babylon today? Who is building huge and very permanent military bases right in the heart of geographical Babylon.

Another thing about Babylon, it is against Israel.

Ezekiel 17:1-21

It is now and will always be against Israel. We as a nation have been and as long as we do protect Israel, we can not be babylon.

My opinion?? Babylon is the Muslim Countries who are out to destroy Israel to this day.

That makes sense about Babylon. I mean, the U.S could indeed be the bad guys, but maybe this country is merely a stepping stone to the evil that is to come. I think that our leaders were on to something in their decision to stick by Israel, usually have for a while thought that they did it on purpose because someone must have known that fear of God was the only wise thing to do, not allowing fear of the men of other nations to influence them. I mean, what other good is there really to supporting Israel when most of the Middle Easter nations and others that hate Israel will be against the ones who support them?

Anyway, wasn't the Babylon part really about that old city itself being revived in the end times? that it's not symbolic of another nation after the fall of the Persian empire but that it's really going to be re-established?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

If anyone watches Christian News, you would have seen not long after the capture of Hussain, our military has found that Hussain has been building a Babylon on the Euphrates river, for many years now. And that many of what is discussed in the bible, has been found by our military after S.H.'s capture. Families who have been paid for generations to gaurd and hide, for instance one thing they believe they had found was the firey furnace. Of course I have not seen it with my own eyes, but it would not be hard to believe either. Just some food for thought.

I think this was in Hillah? We are building a large permanent base there now.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I feel that america is going to persicute more and more christians, To the point of death eventualy. Looking at the news, Things are getting really really bad, our country is at a state of a war, plus the vera chip which I feel is a forshadow of the mark of the beast. The world religions, Our country is more and more aligning with world nations, and one world order, things are getting set up, and our nation is going to fall. One message the Lord has given to me, is that there needs to be unity with believers and the church, we need to stand as one Body, wether that was a personal revelation based of my independant pride I once had, it still fits as a universal message. My mother has dreams and visions, One vision she had was her bible was blacked out with every verse was covered concerning Jesus Christ, well that is relivent to our culture today, Blasphamy has become a number one seller in media. ANd also there is a huge political war on the bible right now, They're fighting to take the parts against homosexuality out of the bible, also the liberal rights are taking away those of christian rights. Another Thing I believe is that Christians in our country are going to be concidered terrorists, because we believe in the apociliptic doctrine, that is what media is claiming us to be, and that is where our country is headed in alot of ways. So In conclusion, I feel that things are going to get worse, Christians do have a chance in winning the war in america, by unity and love.

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

You know, I am doing an indepth study of Ezekiel. I am reading an old commentary at the moment, "Ezekiel" by Gaebelein. I notice that the countries with pride & wickedness the Lord cuts down. He doesn't allow them to prosper very long before He sets them in their place. It is my opinion that the USA is full of pride and wickedness. And if you ask me Donald Rumsfeld is the opitimy of arrogance. And while I voted for Bush, I am sorry that I did. One chapter I just read speaks of the leaders as well as the country itself. So I wouldn't be surprised if God had something to say about our leaders too.

At any rate. I do not have the gift of prophecy. And I am wondering if anyone out there with the gift of prophecy, has anything to say about the USA? We sure are an arrogant country. We think we are the best in the world. And we are very weatlhy. Yet, we kill our unborn children by the millions. We have all but taken God and Christianity out of our country. It only seems fitting to me that God must have something to say.

And BTW, I am not anti-American. I have my Flag Proudly Displayed today in rememberance of 9/11 I love my country and am glad I was born here than anywhere else. It just seems to me we are going from bad to worse and I wonder if God has something to say.

Any responses would be appreciated.

in Him;

-c-

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

You know, I am doing an indepth study of Ezekiel. I am reading an old commentary at the moment, "Ezekiel" by Gaebelein. I notice that the countries with pride & wickedness the Lord cuts down. He doesn't allow them to prosper very long before He sets them in their place. It is my opinion that the USA is full of pride and wickedness. And if you ask me Donald Rumsfeld is the opitimy of arrogance. And while I voted for Bush, I am sorry that I did. One chapter I just read speaks of the leaders as well as the country itself. So I wouldn't be surprised if God had something to say about our leaders too.

At any rate. I do not have the gift of prophecy. And I am wondering if anyone out there with the gift of prophecy, has anything to say about the USA? We sure are an arrogant country. We think we are the best in the world. And we are very weatlhy. Yet, we kill our unborn children by the millions. We have all but taken God and Christianity out of our country. It only seems fitting to me that God must have something to say.

And BTW, I am not anti-American. I have my Flag Proudly Displayed today in rememberance of 9/11 I love my country and am glad I was born here than anywhere else. It just seems to me we are going from bad to worse and I wonder if God has something to say.

Any responses would be appreciated.

in Him;

-c-

You don't need the gift of prophecy to know that the USA is not mentioned in the Bible in any way.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

MrCorey,

If you are still around reading this forum topic, I would be willing to share a serious and concerned response to your original post. About 20 or more years ago, I "saw"a vision about the US and the world in the endtimes. It was shared by a man and a woman(both Christians) who received the vision independently of each other-- and if my memory is correct, they married because they truly had a common vision about the future. I believe a lot in the vision that they shared. It lines up with scripture rather well and most recently has been given some credence by environmental scientists in their upcoming report on global warming--of all things ! Remember that the Magi in the Bible knew about Jesus's birth even though King Herod didn't. He had to be shown by astrologists/scientists.

By the way, the global warming scientists now corroborate part of this vision saying that this will occur slowly within about 50 years instead of a cataclysmic event. Their version is that the earth will warm to the point that the polar ice caps will melt and flood the coastal cities of the US and the world. You can verify this with the news media in April when the official report comes out....I'm not a global warming believer--just reporting their statements which corroborate with the vision somewhat. Part of this report is available on the internet now on CNN or MSN.

I would like to share the Christian vision with you but I really don't want to make it a topic of debate on a forum.....just share it with you as you seem genuinely concerned about the US in the endtimes.

Sugarcane52

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

You know, I am doing an indepth study of Ezekiel. I am reading an old commentary at the moment, "Ezekiel" by Gaebelein. I notice that the countries with pride & wickedness the Lord cuts down. He doesn't allow them to prosper very long before He sets them in their place.

Then that would explain why the USA is so strong and has been around longer than any other Government except for ilse of man.

It means were on the right track.

It is my opinion that the USA is full of pride and wickedness.

Not really, it will have to go a whole lot farther than it is.

And if you ask me Donald Rumsfeld is the opitimy of arrogance. And while I voted for Bush, I am sorry that I did. One chapter I just read speaks of the leaders as well as the country itself. So I wouldn't be surprised if God had something to say about our leaders too.

They were the right men for the job. God put them there to protect this country. And so far they have done a good job.

has anything to say about the USA?

IT is the most wonderful country on this earth. I will gladly defend her to the death.

We sure are an arrogant country. We think we are the best in the world.

Yes we are! And rightfully so. God established this country. No other country has the freedoms we have, no other country has the wealth this one has, no other country can compare to her.

Yet, we kill our unborn children by the millions. We have all but taken God and Christianity out of our country. It only seems fitting to me that God must have something to say.

He does. THose that murder will reap the whirlwind. THeir day is coming.

And BTW, I am not anti-American.

Really you could have fooled me.

I have my Flag Proudly Displayed today in rememberance of 9/11 I love my country and am glad I was born here than anywhere else. It just seems to me we are going from bad to worse and I wonder if God has something to say.

With growth of any nation comes some major problems. IF you compare what happens today with 300 million people to 150 million in 1960's, you will find that the crime, abortions ect are not really any worse today than it was back then. And if you go back to the 1800's you would find the same thign. But what we know is that it will get much worse as the future draws near and the day of the lord grows closer.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

Ok. YOu guys are totally misrepresenting me and my questions. I retract my note. And I am not posting in this thread any longer. I do not want an argument. I just wanted to know if the Lord had something in store for our country as we are on the downslide.

in Him;

-c-

Hey, I responded to your negative comments about my President. Don't try and say we misunderstood when your words were quite clear.

sw

That didn't bother me as much as his derogatory comments about my beloved Country!