• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Hey everyone, I had another question regarding the bible.

It is pretty clear that after Jesus's death the Christians are quite active. People are still being healed in the name of Jesus and all that... so now, in the year 2006, that doesn't happen anymore. People getting healed is unheard of... so basically, what happened between then and now?

Just to make this clear, I'm posting this because I want to understand it, not to start debates or cause trouble. :emot-heartbeat:

God Bless,

Keilan

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  477
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

It is pretty clear that after Jesus's death the Christians are quite active. People are still being healed in the name of Jesus and all that... so now, in the year 2006, that doesn't happen anymore. People getting healed is unheard of... so basically, what happened between then and now?

Just to make this clear, I'm posting this because I want to understand it, not to start debates or cause trouble. :emot-hug:

God Bless,

Keilan

Are you kidding me ? :emot-heartbeat: God heals people all the time! I'm one of them and I'm sure many here will testify that God healed them with no "scientific" explanation as well!

There are several "camps" regarding super natural gifts of the Holy Spirit...Cessationalists believe that the gifts bestowed on the early church are no longer in effect today ( healing, prophecy, speaking in tongues, etc. )...which is a sad teaching since the Holy Spirit is as alive and active today as He was at Pentecost- which brings me to the other "camp"- the Charismatics; who believe and live in the power of the Holy Spirit.

So to answer your question, nothing has "happened" between "then and now" because then was now and now was then- we are living in "those days" today and nothing has changed since Pentecost and September 24, 2006 :emot-heartbeat:

Cheers,

Tim

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Hmmm, that makes sense, that the holy spirit does still heal... however, the bible speaks of it like a very public kind of thing, everyone seemed to know that there was healing, physical and mental going on. Now it's something that is only known to those who have experianced it... most of the world would laugh at somebody claiming that God healed people every day... I'm not sure if I'm making much sense here, sorry if not...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Richard Thomas hosts a show called "It's a miracle".

It tells testimony after testimony with witnesses of miracle healings from God.

Can't get much more public than that.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  477

Hmmm, that makes sense, that the holy spirit does still heal... however, the bible speaks of it like a very public kind of thing, everyone seemed to know that there was healing, physical and mental going on. Now it's something that is only known to those who have experianced it... most of the world would laugh at somebody claiming that God healed people every day... I'm not sure if I'm making much sense here, sorry if not...

Let me give you a few Bible verses to show what I mean-

John 14:12-14

12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Mark 11:24

24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Matthew 21:21-23

21 Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.

22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

I don't believe these verses are out of context either...but a key to all of them is faith. However I do want to be clear that one does not confuse "charismatic" with "word of faith"- which I certainly do not believe in...God is not at our disposal to make us rich...and the fact remains that sometimes it is God's will that we are afflicted so that we remain humble ( 2 Corinthians 12:7 )...also, no matter how much faith one has, we all get sick and we all die- it's a fact of reality due to our sin ( Romans 5:12 )- so just because one has faith and asks God to heal them, it doesn't mean that it's God's will to do so every time- remember we work for God, not the other way around :) But God DOES give the believer healing if it will bring glory to Himself ( because it's all about Him, not us! )

God bless,

Tim

• Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Oh my,

JEsus, the same yesterday, today and tomorrow!

HE is still healing here and now.

I have seen this personally in many persons in several churches where Intercessional prayers are done.

Praying and annoint with oil for the sick and they DO recover!

The entire church, city and drs al kne wof it. Two men healed of liver cancer, inoperable and in last stages!

There is sooooooooooo much healing going on!

I also was healed of something.

OTher things are still in healing process for me.

I am now wondering if you have a home church? or have visited any or many local or even out of town churches??

BEcause if you were, you would already know there are many people being healed and it is public in that all there know of it and medically documented also.

Please get in touch with some praying churches and be strengthened.

take care ,

elkie

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Remember the two towns where Jesus could not perform many miracles because of the unbelief? In one case, he had to take a man outside of the town in order to heal his blindness.

Our Western society is full of unbelief, and it is much harder to receive healing.

Yet, in the non-industrialized nations, reports of healings roll out like wildfire (you just need to find the right missionaries. :whistling: ). I personally know people who have taken missionary trips to place like India, Brazil, Africa, etc. who came back with reports of healings after healings after healings.

But the people there have a greater general belief in the spiritual and supernatural. Here, the belief is greater in science. (That's not to say we shouldn't go to doctors; that is completely missing the point).

Missionaries who have gone to villages ruled by a witchdoctor seriously needed the cover of the Lord's power in the form of miracles in order to withstand and even defeat the witchdoctor and his/her curses in order for the Gospel to be given to the people.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Hey everyone, I had another question regarding the bible.

Just to make this clear, I'm posting this because I want to understand it, not to start debates or cause trouble. :thumbsup:

God Bless,

Keilan

Greetings KeilanS,

Neither am I posting this to start debates or cause trouble, Yah forbid,

At the establishment of the first worshippers being brought out and adopted they were brought out of Egypt with signs and wonders and power.

At the instigation of the Ecclesia same thing, as John said, 'these things are written that you might trust'. The just shall live by trust, not by miracles not by signs and not by wonders, by trust.

In various towns and cities we have people who like to re-enact battles and historical events, in buildings on Sundays, we have people who try to re-enact what happened two thousand years ago.

I've often wondered if there were Jews who went back into the wilderness saying, 'Yah Veh sent manna to our fathers he'll do the same for us'.

In the last days there shall be lying signs and wonders. Elohim Yah Veh does things once, He has proved His uniqueness in the creation, no two snowflakes, people and fingerprints are the same. Neither does He repeat His works His revelations are all one off.

When Johns disciples went to the Lord to ask if He was the one they had waited for, they were told to tell John, that the blind see the lame walk, the lepers are purified, the mute hear and the dead are raised. These were signs to prove that Yah Shau was the awaited Messiah, the only proof we have is the trust we've been given and the Spirit we have received. This is more than enough for those who have received, for those who haven't they shall look for miracles or proof.

The Apostles (Those Divinely appointed) were given the same powers personally by the Lord as was Paul because the Lord had told them that when they preach the Evangel He would be there to confirm by signs following.

The problem we have today is that people want power, same problem Adam and Eve had, Ye shall be as elohims.

Grace & truth, H.

I have to agree 100% with this one!

:whistling:

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  454
  • Birthday:  04/19/1985

nebs you so smart!!!!! :whistling::thumbsup::thumbsup::P:emot-highfive::emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

God is the same; yesterday today and forevermore. We now have the Holy Spirit to guide us by. God still heals, does miracles. God is as real as he was then.

Blessings

PS: God is no respector of Man, if he did it in the past, He can do it now. God is good

candi