IGNORED

Jesus-myth or "copycat savior" myth refuted.

tdrehfal

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

:)

Your right it's not up to me, that right is reserved for God!

As I put in my post!

I apologise if I offended you or any other atheist but

I won't apologise for my opinions you may agree or

disagree that is your right!

God Bless!

:emot-heartbeat:

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  251
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

:)

Your right it's not up to me, that right is reserved for God!

As I put in my post!

I apologise if I offended you or any other atheist but

I won't apologise for my opinions you may agree or

disagree that is your right!

God Bless!

:emot-heartbeat:

Your opinion is based on an absolute void of experience. You haven't been an atheist as far as I know, and if you ever were, then I can't imagine what your atheism was based on, except perhaps a hatred of God, which would indicate that you weren't really an atheist to begin with.

You are not willing to apologize for saying that atheists want to take people with them to hell, which suggests that atheists are hateful and willfully antagonistic towards other people for no reason that makes any sense at all. Fine. That doesn't bother me nearly as much as your suggesting that atheists even conceive of the concept of hell. In all the world's religions, only a very few believe in that concept. That being said, how can you even marginally entertain the idea that an atheist would do so?

I know it is hard for a believer to relate to a universe that doesn't include a God (believe me, I know the difference, and it is profound!).

But as long as believers judge non-believers according to their worldview, then they will never be able to even engage non-believers in conversation, because Jesus was absolutely correct in His treatment of people. That's right, an atheist agrees with Jesus' treatment of non-believers, and if Christians actually adopted His treatment of non-believers, then there would be a discernible impact on the non-believers' opinion of Christians.

But that's not what we get. All we get is a very human aggressiveness and assertion according to human emotion and interpretation that we are outsiders.

Especially in America, there is a most pointed paranoia that if people don't agree immediately just because of an argument or two, then those people are evil and destined for hell. Paranoia? Why?

Love your enemy can't be done in light of this paranoia. Christians can't have non-Christians posting on the boards at large, or someone might turn away. Can you imagine any other site deciding that if someone doesn't subscribe to the dogma of that board, then they can't post on all the available boards?

A board about planting trees could, once determining that someone doesn't agree with the shaking off of the original dirt from the roots before planting, could make that poster only post on a few boards because they don't want those evil ideas to permeate the population.

Did Jesus go to Zacheus's house or didn't He? Wasn't that seen by the population as being "not done"? Did He care what the people thought? Was He inclusive? or exclusive?

Well, this site is exclusive. That tells me that Christianity is either paranoid about what it may hear, and therefore paranoid about its position, and unfaithful in its faith in God's ability to love and keep who is His, or has lost the good sensibilities that Jesus originally taught.

Love conquers all. I'm thinking that it isn't the fear of what atheists might say that makes this board exclusive, but what Christians might say because they don't seem to understand the purpose of Christianity. Good idea.

True Christians are few and far between. I was one, but have recently seen that there is no God, but in the meantime, I can't believe what I'm seeing from supposed Christians with regard to Jesus' truth.

Your message must, at the very least, transcend human intellect in favor of love. If it doesn't, you might as well be Sadducees.

k

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

"Interestingly, the Hebrews never believed in a messiah like Jesus, never believed in a devil, never believed in hell, and certainly never believed in pagan stories of a God-Man that died for the sins of the world.

They still don't to this day."

You must not have ever talked to a Jew who believed in Jesus as Messiah then.

I have. I wasn't talking about Jews who believe that now. I was talking about Abraham, David, Moses, Noah, people like that.

None of them had ever heard of a devil or hell.

k

How do you know they hadnt??

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

True Christians are few and far between. I was one, but have recently seen that there is no God, but in the meantime, I can't believe what I'm seeing from supposed Christians with regard to Jesus' truth.

Very sad, indeed. You must have been hurt very badly to turn your back on God, to perhaps blame Him?

According to your words, you believe that you were a true Christian, but a true Christian's faith grows and grows from glory to glory, made more solid over time and experience with God. His promises are true and His mercies are new daily. You may have had a faith crisis, but why do you say that you don't even believe God exists? If you were a true believer, you would know He exists...aren't you just angry with Him?

"Interestingly, the Hebrews never believed in a messiah like Jesus, never believed in a devil, never believed in hell, and certainly never believed in pagan stories of a God-Man that died for the sins of the world.

You must not have ever talked to a Jew who believed in Jesus as Messiah then.

I have. I wasn't talking about Jews who believe that now. I was talking about Abraham, David, Moses, Noah, people like that.

None of them had ever heard of a devil or hell.

k

How do you know they hadnt??

How do I know? Well, because they hadn't, I guess. The ideas of a devil or hell crept in after the Babylonian captivity which took the intellectuals, which included the priesthood, to Babylon where such things were believed in.

You think that they believed in such things? Maybe I should ask you, then, how do you know they had?

k

Very sad, indeed. You must have been hurt very badly to turn your back on God, to perhaps blame Him?

According to your words, you believe that you were a true Christian, but a true Christian's faith grows and grows from glory to glory, made more solid over time and experience with God. His promises are true and His mercies are new daily. You may have had a faith crisis, but why do you say that you don't even believe God exists? If you were a true believer, you would know He exists...aren't you just angry with Him?

I respect your faith enough not to try to sway you from it, but your interpretation of that faith is based on your experience, certainly not on the Bible. For example, could you kindly give me Biblical evidence that "a true Christian's faith grows and grows from glory to glory, made more solid over time and experience with God" as is shown from Biblical text?

k

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

You contradicted yourself.

Interestingly, the Hebrews never believed in a messiah like Jesus, never believed in a devil, never believed in hell, and certainly never believed in pagan stories of a God-Man that died for the sins of the world.

and

The ideas of a devil or hell crept in after the Babylonian captivity which took the intellectuals, which included the priesthood, to Babylon where such things were believed in.

But the truth is that the devil was a part of the bible at the time of Moses since he wrote Genesis. The devil is in Genesis. As I recall that was a tad bit before the Babylonian exile.

The OT Jews believed in a promised Messiah. They were still looking for Him when Jesus arrived.

You should do a bit more studying.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

For example, could you kindly give me Biblical evidence that "a true Christian's faith grows and grows from glory to glory, made more solid over time and experience with God" as is shown from Biblical text?

Genesis 22. An example of a man who was tried, and who trusted in the Lord, and who was rewarded for his faith, a faith made stronger by his experience with the Lord.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Of course the Hebrews knew full well about Satan. All the pagan people around them worshipped him and various demonic entities. It is written in scripture.

Deuteronomy 32:17

They sacrificed to demons, which are not God

You contradicted yourself.

Interestingly, the Hebrews never believed in a messiah like Jesus, never believed in a devil, never believed in hell, and certainly never believed in pagan stories of a God-Man that died for the sins of the world.

and

The ideas of a devil or hell crept in after the Babylonian captivity which took the intellectuals, which included the priesthood, to Babylon where such things were believed in.

But the truth is that the devil was a part of the bible at the time of Moses since he wrote Genesis. The devil is in Genesis. As I recall that was a tad bit before the Babylonian exile.

The OT Jews believed in a promised Messiah. They were still looking for Him when Jesus arrived.

You should do a bit more studying.

I am not here to change your mind, only to insure that what you believe is accurate according to all that is known.

If you are determined to believe what you have written, then go ahead on. If you would like to know what Moses thought of what he wrote in genesis, then there is a lot of information that you may not have yet heard.

The thing is, if your faith is based on such things as Moses knowing about a devil, then your faith is in jeopardy. My own faith was based on such things, and I've since lost it. If you'd rather not lose your faith, then post no further.

k