Guest ROBERT WELLS

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

If you believe you can lose it, I can narrow it down to where only the last hours of your life really count for anything. Theres no way around it.

Dan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Vicera Cinegras

If God wants someone to be saved that person will be.....

1Timothy 2:1 First of all, then, I exhort that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men,

1Ti 2:2 for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.

1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,

1Ti 2:4 who will have all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

1Ti 2:5 For God is one, and there is one Mediator of God and of men, the Man Christ Jesus,

1Ti 2:6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no other One; for there is no other name under Heaven given among men by which we must be saved.

Acts 2:21 And it shall be that everyone who shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Romans 10:13 For everyone, "whoever shall call on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Scripture shows us that G-ds heart is to see mankind come into a saving knowledge of Himself, He has made it possible for a corrupted creation to find redemption. G-ds desire is that all of us come to a saving knowledge of Himself through His Son, our Messiah and L-rd.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  387
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/11/1977

If you believe you can lose it, I can narrow it down to where only the last hours of your life really count for anything. Theres no way around it.

Dan

Thats why the scripture says that we must endure to the end. Life is like a race....we must keep on running, we don't just start the race and then relax and get comfortable thinking we will make it to the end. we have to be on the right path for one thing.

I believe that the person who lives his or her whole life apart from God can repent in his dying hour and be saved, but the likelyhood of that happening is infinately small, because there hearts are not in it from there lifelong habits.

The reason here and now matter is because we are developing habbits of love and obedience to God. If you can't do it now then how are you going to do it later. God says that he will not allow temptation that we cannot bear.

One last thought....

I somewhat believe in once saved always saved, but it's quite different than most. I don't believe that once you accept the Lord, and believe, that you are automatically saved. I believe that the salvation comes with conversion.

The question you have to ask is are you converted? Satan believes in God, but he is not converted. I think that so many so-called Christians go around saying "I'm saved", or "I got saved back in 19??" and they are not converted and go through their life presuming on their salvation and never really give their heart to God and so they never where really saved even though they thought they were. For some of those people, the conversion might take a while. A person might get "saved" by profession and say that they accept Jesus, but never really surrender to the Holy spirit and later on through the work of the Holy spirit be converted and truly saved. OR he might never surrender and grieve away the Holy Spirit by which he is convicted of sin and so he would never be converted, and forfiet salvation.

The problem with presuming on your salvation comes with people thinking that they are converted when they truly are not. So many people profess to be saved and they are not converted and their salvation is really questionable. If you want to profess that you are saved once and for all then you should make sure that you are converted, otherwise you will just be a stumbling block to others.

Remember the parable of the ten virgins? They all represent believers, but only 5 of them were ready, and to the other five Jesus said go awy I don't know you.

Jesus also said that at the end, many will say LORD LORD, haven't we profesied and cast out demons in your name? and he will say I never knew you. Those people thought that they were saved the whole time, but were never truly converted or surrendered to the Holy Spirit and did all those thing by their own motives and ideas.(the devil will give power to cast out demons too, the bible says, and those people will think that the power is of God). Their minds are deluded with following traditions of men rather than obeying Gods commandements and their conscience is seared to hear the true conviction of God and all their work is in vain.

The bottom line is that it is all about conversion.....ARE YOU CONVERTED? Your fruits will testify.

The Followers road is indeed hard, we need Strength to ENDURE it. The Bible makes no bones about that part. The Prize comes AFTER the Race(LIFE). The concept of the Christian walk being on "easy street", is the same mentality of having Salvation no matter what, even disobeying His Commands. That thinking does not gel and is not Scriptural. The TRUE FOLLOWERS will be sifted out from the REST.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Is the apostasy that of the real believers, who Jesus said He would complete the work in or in the visible "church/congregations" that are even now departing from the faith as a body. e.g. women pastors, sodomite bishops, outright blasphemers in the pulpits. Jesus said He wouldn't loose any that came to Him. Is He not ALMIGHTY? If He cannot protect His people from eternal punishment He died in vain. Non of us are secure. Non of us have the strength to hold on as it is said.

Why are women pastors a sign of falling away? I am sorry, but to include that in your list is such a slap in the face of God. I am not wishing to hi-jack here, but I could not let it go by when I read such a statement. No need to respond.

Of course we are secure! I trust God at His Word that as I obey, I will receive my reward in heaven.

Women since the women who served Jesus, have played an integral role to the furtherance of His Word AND Kingdom. Please rethink your attitudes about women preaching.

Remember the times and Culture Scripture.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Women since the women who served Jesus, have played an integral role to the furtherance of His Word AND Kingdom. Please rethink your attitudes about women preaching.

Remember the times and Culture Scripture.

:emot-questioned:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The truth of this question lies in the scripture, and for those that believe OSAS, I would caution you to search the entire word for truth and not just go to the popular scriptures that suppor your belief, find the truth, that will be supported throughout the word. So on the OSAS issue:

Matthew 24:13 KJVA

(13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

So those who

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

You know that this discussion among both sides, those who believe once saved always saved and those who believe if you sin once you will go to hell, seems to lack one very important element. It is called a balanced study.

One important rule to remember in bible study, is that scripture never contradicts itself. If it appears that it is, your interpretation is incorrect. Take a piece of paper, and on one column list all of the scriptures that appear to say a Christian that sins goes to hell, then in the second column place all the scriptures that appear to say once saved always saved.

The results are that those who believe in once saved always saved are wrong. However, God has made provision enabling them to repent and come back to Christ. Such is the case in James 5:14-20 which says,

14 Are any among you sick? They should call for the elders of the church and have them pray over them, anointing them with oil in the name of the Lord.

15 And their prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make them well. And anyone who has committed sins will be forgiven.

16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results.

17 Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for the next three and a half years!

18 Then he prayed for rain, and down it poured. The grass turned green, and the crops began to grow again.

19 My dear brothers and sisters, if anyone among you wanders away from the truth and is brought back again,

20 you can be sure that the one who brings that person back will save that sinner from death and bring about the forgiveness of many sins.

This post is intended for all those who do not believe in O S A S, and to whom I would like to make a challenge, but firstly I would ask if you accept that Scriptures does not disagree with itself, in other words, it cannot possibly both support and at the same time deny O S A S.

I would like you to have a look at all the Bible verses given bellow, and taking each in turn show conclusively that they do not indicate that OS A S, is the truth.

If you can do this, then I will without hesitation apologize for putting forward false teaching on this Forum, but remember, it must be all of the material bellow, and not just some of it. If you cannot do this then I suggest you do not post any more anti O S A S, material on this web site.

Edwin Brain. (pabrain)

Col 3:1 IF then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.

Col 3:2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.

Col 3:3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

Col 3:4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.

2Ti 1:12 For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.

Jud 1:24 Now to Him who is able to keep you* from stumbling, And to present you faultless Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,

Psa 34:7 The angel* of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him,

And delivers them

Phl 1:6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

Jhn 10:27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

Jhn 10:28 "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

Jhn 10:29 "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.

Jhn 10:30 "I and My Father are one."

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Rom 8:29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Rom 8:30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

Jhn 6:37 "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.

Jhn 6:38 "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

Jhn 6:39 "This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.

Jhn 6:40 "And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day."

Isa 46:9 Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me,

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, 'My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,

1Jo 5:11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.

1Jo 5:12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

1Jo 5:13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

Jhn 17:2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should* give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.

Jhn 17:3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

1Th 5:23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Th 5:24 He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.

Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword

Rom 8:36 As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."*

Rom 8:37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,

Rom 8:39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The scripture that you quoted from me is a good starting point to show that a person can, fall from grace, lets look at the scripture that I posted above.

First of all lets ask here who james is talking to. He is talking to Christiains.

James 5:14-20 which says,

14 Are any among you sick? They should call for the elders of the church and have them pray over them, anointing them with oil in the name of the Lord.

15 And their prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make them well. And anyone who has committed sins will be forgiven.

16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results.

17 Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for the next three and a half years!

18 Then he prayed for rain, and down it poured. The grass turned green, and the crops began to grow again.

19 My dear brothers and sisters, if anyone among you wanders away from the truth and is brought back again,

20 you can be sure that the one who brings that person back will save that sinner from death and bring about the forgiveness of many sins

I'd like to see ya respond to the one above. there are other scriptures that show that one can fall from grace besides this one, but I don't see any satisfactory rebutal for James 5:14-20. If you rebute this one I'll move on to the next one. deal

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

AMB

Firstly, welcome to worthy boards. For a first post you did well. At last someone who reads the whole of the bible and doesn't just pick out the passages that agrees with their own assumptions. I've nearly run the race, bro and I am on the home stretch and I can even see the checkered flag, but I'm not home free until I have breasted the tape. .....but I can hear the brethren cheering me on.....all I have to do is endure to the end.

Thank you for your input :thumbsup: