• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/26/1974

Wow.. this post already has 61 pages to it.. and I am going to say the same thing because its my conviction and what I stand on... and my answer is Yes.. Everyone have a great day.. Teresadc

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I guess I believe a person can neglect their relationship with the Lord and be drawn away by the world.

I think they can reach a place of hardness of heart towards God, and God will give them up.

I feel this way because I have come so close until I realized the reality of what could happen if I chose not to perservere.

Theres been times if I had believed in OSAS, I know I would have become like the world.

My relationship with the Lord keeps me perservering so long as I maintain it; fearing God must play a part in my perserverance also.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  387
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/11/1977

I guess I believe a person can neglect their relationship with the Lord and be drawn away by the world.

I think they can reach a place of hardness of heart towards God, and God will give them up.

I feel this way because I have come so close until I realized the reality of what could happen if I chose not to perservere.

Theres been times if I had believed in OSAS, I know I would have become like the world.

My relationship with the Lord keeps me perservering so long as I maintain it; fearing God must play a part in my perserverance also.

Very well said jamie...

I think I am beginning to understand the differences in opinion about OSAS.

The big difference is the definition of saved.

to those who just believe that when you accept Jesus and believe that he died for us, they are saved....well that's not true; that's just the first step. Those people presume on their salvation based on that definition of being saved and can easily become complacent in their surroundings and remain in their sins.

Whereas those who believe it is something to strive for, and continually perservere, they will overcome the temptations by letting the Holy Spirit do his job in their hearts, and they may obtain salvation and when they do they will never lose it.

I hope I didn't confuse anybody...

The bottom line is that just to profess that you are a Christian does not mean you are saved.

That brings up another question.....how do you know you are saved? I personally do not presume on it, for I don't know what tomarrow brings, but I try to keep on the armor of God and prepare myself for the greater temptations to come. We are called apart, to overcome. Jesus came to save us from our sin, not with it. Sin is like a disease and Jesus will ultimately sestroy it in the end.

I think that the only way to know that you are saved is to know that you are serving only one master , the Lord. If you are willfully sinning in any area, then you should question your salvation and get right with God. If you are living to the best of your knowledge obedient to God, then you are probably saved, but I still think that there is a possibility to backslide, so be careful....the Devil is very cunning.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

That's the way it is with both my daughters, and I shudder for them. One daughter does believe in OSAS. She believes you can have God and the world too. I won't give up praying for them, tho.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  387
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/11/1977

I would like to ask this question again.

If I have a girlfriend that I am living with and we have a very active relationship and are both Christians, will we go to heaven with Christ the day he comes back?

I would really like to hear some answers on this.

That depends on where your heart is....

I believe that only God knows the answer to that.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

If you know Jesus as Saviour, you will be with Him. But before this wonderful event, it would behoove you to shore up some of the loose ends! Get right with Him, repenting of your sin and do right before the Lord. Living with your girtlfriend without marriage constitutes a sin, and if you are walking with Jesus, you are not walking in synch with Him, and your spirit will suffer for it, by slow progress and lack of spiritual growth and victory. You will also be forfeiting eternal rewards for it and will have to face chastisement from the Father one day. Do you want all that God has planned for you? Get right with God, and be honourable toward the woman you love. Compromise brings such disappointment!

Being a Christian isn't just fire insurance. He wants to give us an abundant life and be in intimacy with us. Disobedience to the Word when you know what He says about such a lifestyle forfeits benefits.

Make Him Saviour, then make Him LORD.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

I would like to ask this question again.

If I have a girlfriend that I am living with and we have a very active relationship and are both Christians, will we go to heaven with Christ the day he comes back?

I would really like to hear some answers on this.

Here is what the Word says:

Eph 5:3-15

3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. 4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. 5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Herer is a paraphrase of Galatians 5:19-21...

It is obvious what kind of life develops out of trying to get your own way all the time: repetitive, loveless, cheap sex; a stinking accumulation of mental and emotional garbage; frenzied and joyless grabs for happiness; trinket gods; magic-show religion; paranoid loneliness; cutthroat competition; all-consuming-yet-never-satisfied wants; a brutal temper; an impotence to love or be loved; divided homes and divided lives; small-minded and lopsided pursuits; the vicious habit of depersonalizing everyone into a rival; uncontrolled and uncontrollable addictions; ugly parodies of community. I could go on.

This isn't the first time I have warned you, you know. If you use your freedom this way, you will not inherit God's kingdom.

Yipes!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

No need to....... It's selfexplanatory.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I believe that saved people still have habitual sins that they struggle with. The tell tell sign of salvation to me would be if they were at peace with their sin. I can't believe someone who has been givin the Holy Spirit could ever relax in a habitual sin. Its always going to be a sorce of unrest because they are now at war with themselves. There are those who have prayed the sinners prayer but were not sincere. I believe their salvation experience was false. Some of them even preach. When I prayed the sinners prayer I was aware that I needed to be saved from myself as well as Satan.

On one hand, it would seem reckless to preach to folks that they can just repeat words and not mean them and expect to be saved. You have to admit to God that you need to be changed and that you need his Holy Spirit to come into your heart for changes to be made because you yourself can't make them.

On the other hand, when some who did mean it gets told that he will lose their salvation because of some addiction or particular sin he or she STRUGGLEs with, they just get defeated instead resolving to look to the Cross on a daily basis so they can overcome the sin which is making them miserable.

The very best children of God have habitual shortcomings. Concider the man after God's own heart.

David was sealed by God's Holy Spirit. If you can lose your salvation....you will. Trust me. So will I. It only takes one little fender bender sin to qualify us for hell because God's heaven is in perfect order.

No...I didn't quote scripture but I could.

ORSAS "R" for really

Dan