• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/05/1947

Thank you for your valuable contribution on the Hort and Wescott tranlation; if that information is correct, and I have no reason to doubt your integrity, it is all the more reason for us to encourage others to get back to the Original Word

Hopefully the previous post on the K.J.V. will also help clarify this topic

Thank you so much John.

It is refreshing to see that there are still many Christians who will follow the advice of the Apostle paul and "Prove ALL things" and "HOLD FAST" that which is good (1 Thess 5:21).

your previous post on the KJV was very interesting.

I too was a ardent supporter of modern transalations untill I undertook some research of my own when I became confused that my Pastor was reading verses from the Bible which were not in my version.

:thumbsup:

Yours in His service

Neil.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your valuable contribution on the Hort and Wescott tranlation; if that information is correct, and I have no reason to doubt your integrity, it is all the more reason for us to encourage others to get back to the Original Word

Hopefully the previous post on the K.J.V. will also help clarify this topic

Thank you so much John.

It is refreshing to see that there are still many Christians who will follow the advice of the Apostle paul and "Prove ALL things" and "HOLD FAST" that which is good (1 Thess 5:21).

your previous post on the KJV was very interesting.

I too was a ardent supporter of modern transalations untill I undertook some research of my own when I became confused that my Pastor was reading verses from the Bible which were not in my version.

:thumbsup:

Yours in His service

Neil.

My pleasure Neil, thanks for your response, good to meet you

Yes, it is getting harder to combat the Satanic attack on GOD'S WORD, by Lucifer, through the "NEW, BETTER VERSIONS", through the multitude of interpretations, the denominational doctrines, INSTEAD of the WORD of GOD.

But, we need remember, sadly, "Strait is the gate and narrow the WAY that leadeth unto LIFE and FEW there be that find IT" Mat.7:14

The writings of Panin are well worth a read, or, "The Seal of God" by F.C. Payne, either of which are available on the net, or, possibly, through a good book store

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  109

Rom 14:12 So then each one of us will give account concerning himself to God.

Rom 14:13 Then let us not judge one another any more, but rather judge this, not to put a stumbling-block or an offense toward his brother.

MKJV

For you who were offended, forgive me, according to the Scripture. For you who believe that it has been God the Father who has maintained the Truth of the Word through the generations, despite the frailties of His servants, know that this type of argument will never cease. When I prepare to speak the Word, I will continue to pick up my UBS Greek New Testament and Greek Lexicon, check it against Strong's Concordance, the NKJV, the NASB, Robertson's Word Pictures, Wuest's Word Studies, even the KJV from time to time, as well as many other helps, and speak from the Word under the direction of the Living Word. Those of you who wish to continue to live in the past will not disturb me with name-calling. If the KJV floats your boat, paddle away.

By the way, when I used the phrase "cult of the KJV", it was not my intent to imply that those who hold that view were in the same category as Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses, and I sincerely apologize if I gave that impression.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/07/1949

Rom 14:13 Then let us not judge one another any more, but rather judge this, not to put a stumbling-block or an offense toward his brother.

MKJV

For you who were offended, forgive me, according to the Scripture. For you who believe that it has been God the Father who has maintained the Truth of the Word through the generations, despite the frailties of His servants, know that this type of argument will never cease. When I prepare to speak the Word, I will continue to pick up my UBS Greek New Testament and Greek Lexicon, check it against Strong's Concordance, the NKJV, the NASB, Robertson's Word Pictures, Wuest's Word Studies, even the KJV from time to time, as well as many other helps, and speak from the Word under the direction of the Living Word. Those of you who wish to continue to live in the past will not disturb me with name-calling. If the KJV floats your boat, paddle away.

By the way, when I used the phrase "cult of the KJV", it was not my intent to imply that those who hold that view were in the same category as Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses, and I sincerely apologize if I gave that impression.

No problem rfw, consider yourself forgiven :24:.

And when you prepare to speak God's word may he continue to bless you and guide you into all truth.

I'm not calling you names, and even though I may be living in the past with the KJV, people who I preach to are still getting saved.

Abortion is a tragic result of poor adult planning, there is no justification for it, nor is there any Biblical comment against it, other than the commandment, "Thou Shalt NOT Kill"

An interesting point is that Scripture says the child's spirit does not enter it until it takes the first breath, and there has been debate suggesting the foetus is not actually human until that point Gen.2:7

This is an issue not to be resolved in this world, as our world is sold out to Satan, the lusts of the flesh and the pride of life, but, for any who are undecided about this matter we suggest they get a copy of "A SILENT SCREAM", and watch it

This an ultrasound filming of an abortion and displays clearly the foetus' reaction to the assault which finishes in it's death

It is not for the weak hearted, but, I believe, refutes any claim the child is not aware of what is happening, the assault on it's person

It is lust, promiscuity, generally, which leads to unwanted pregnancies, or rape.

That problem goes back to the Garden of Eden, when, according to Jewish commentaries, Eve didn't exactly eat an apple or any other type of fruit, and it is only by addressing those issues we can ever resolve unwanted pregnancies

No Christian woman should ever face that problem though, as one expects they would maintain their integrity until they marry and then there is no loss of integrity, and there should be no desire to terminate a foetus' life

Nor, one would expect, should a Christian suitor want to have any such contact with his girl friend prior to marriage

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

MKJV

No problem rfw, consider yourself forgiven :).

And when you prepare to speak God's word may he continue to bless you and guide you into all truth.

I'm not calling you names, and even though I may be living in the past with the KJV, people who I preach to are still getting saved.

Can I just observe that the earliest forms of the English language didn't exist until 5 or 6 centuries after Jesus? Here's what it looked like:

M

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I myself wanted to take such a class. The various translations that could be out there intrigue me and I hate that I can't read or have access to them, yet. This is the first time I"ve come across those names though. Good that you're enjoying the class. Kind of makes me want to learn Greek or Hebrew. :(

but you can have access to them and even read them.....

most text are availible on line and free of charge to use....

some sites have a main one they use for their on line Bible, but then also may have a spot to click on to get other translations.... there may even be some in different languages.....

there are restrictions to copying them from the on line sites....

mike

here is an address to one......

http://biblebrowser.com/

and here is another......

http://www.blueletterbible.org/

and another.......

http://www.audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html

I know there are more out there, some maybe better some may be not so good...

we hope you enjoy.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Abortion is a tragic result of poor adult planning, there is no justification for it, nor is there any Biblical comment against it, other than the commandment, "Thou Shalt NOT Kill"

An interesting point is that Scripture says the child's spirit does not enter it until it takes the first breath, and there has been debate suggesting the foetus is not actually human until that point Gen.2:7

This is an issue not to be resolved in this world, as our world is sold out to Satan, the lusts of the flesh and the pride of life, but, for any who are undecided about this matter we suggest they get a copy of "A SILENT SCREAM", and watch it

This an ultrasound filming of an abortion and displays clearly the foetus' reaction to the assault which finishes in it's death

It is not for the weak hearted, but, I believe, refutes any claim the child is not aware of what is happening, the assault on it's person

It is lust, promiscuity, generally, which leads to unwanted pregnancies, or rape.

That problem goes back to the Garden of Eden, when, according to Jewish commentaries, Eve didn't exactly eat an apple or any other type of fruit, and it is only by addressing those issues we can ever resolve unwanted pregnancies

No Christian woman should ever face that problem though, as one expects they would maintain their integrity until they marry and then there is no loss of integrity, and there should be no desire to terminate a foetus' life

Nor, one would expect, should a Christian suitor want to have any such contact with his girl friend prior to marriage

did you miss this in Exd 21:22-23

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

How did the King James Bible become 'Authorized"? How did G-d authorise it? How did those who wrote the KJV know HE was giving the thumbs up? How do we know that the NIV, NLT, ESV, NASB, etc are not 'Authorized'?