• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

As Christians, we can't become possessed. The enemy can speak lies to us, but it's up to us to reject them or listen to them. When we choose to listen, we can become oppressed by these lies. We always have the power to reject these thoughts and lies, as Christ has put Satan under His feet.

You have that right. I do wonder though, if it's demon OPPRESSION and not POSSESSION, then why would anything need to be cast OUT when it wasn't IN to begin with. Therefore I would not go back to that church.

Me neither. If it isn't in, it doesn't need to be cast out. That's right. :thumbsup:

It comes from having a false doctrine, and the end result of all false doctrine is confusion of the truth. The OP did not have a demon and therefore one was not cast out. Being that this so called man of God spoke this as if it were truth it would call into question every other thing that was said to her, wouldnt you think?

Hun, you need to stop justifying this man's false teaching and leave the congregation which allowed him a platform. You've been exposed to false doctrine and have been misled into believing it. This will have consequences for the rest of your life. A house divided cannot stand, therefore God and Satan both can't have you. If God has you you will be tempted and sometimes attacked but you will never ever be possessed or controlled.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Amen! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/01/1984

sorry guys yes speckles it was 'demon oppression' but

I'm not 100% sure what that exactly means.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

sorry guys yes speckles it was 'demon oppression' but

I'm not 100% sure what that exactly means.

It basically is a euphemism for a targeted repetitive attack on a Christian at a point at which they are weak. These don't get "cast out" because they are not "in." Instead the devil must be resisted and he will flea. You must resist repeatedly and consistantly and ask prayer from the body to uphold you against this attack.

This does not mean that the demon is hanging out 24-7 or that it's the same demon and that you must know his name. There is no scriptural support for this practice, there is no scriptural example given of trying to identify the demon or that one demon only deals in one kind of sin. It just is not there. Don't get caught up in this nonsense, concentrate on the reality of what is going on.

What happens is that it might seem like it is one there all the time to you because you're "always" on guard, especially in regard to one problem. However, you are free. You don't have to wear the chains satan tries to trick you into wearing. YOu're not his slave, you belong to Jesus. Don't run and try to hide from this. Immerse yourself in bible study and prayer, consume solid doctrine ... then Draw your sword and get in the fight.!!

• 2 months later...
Guest boojack22
I went to a healing meeting at my church lastnite.. and I went up the front..the speaker kind of picked on me for a good few minutes and cast out the spirit of 'death/suicide' and fear. I dont really know much about this what do you think he was getting at? how doe's the spirit of death come upon you? i also didnt really feel like it had gone. I have been struggling with suicidal thoughts for the past year but i know its not my own mind thinking such things as i love life! this speaker also said that the demonic are trying to do everything they can to bring me down out of the light of Jesus and there is a real fight for my soul going on and a deep spiritual oppression. Can anyone eleberate? I am getting a copy of the tape as i was in tears and a bit of a mess so i didnt really catch alot of what he was saying!

blessings!

Alisha

Does God care what we do with our vessels? Our flesh is our senses, which is our touch, taste, smell, seeing, hearing. It is very important, what we do with these five senses we use everyday. The question is "Is God please with what I do with how I use my senses through out the day? The bible says " The flesh and the spirit wars against the other... Which is winning is our fleshly man winning or is our spiritual man winning. As being Christians we have certain things God wants us to mortify in he flesh, which mean it is somethings we need to turn from old sins and be dead to this flesh. We all have certain desires and needs, but is our certain desires and needs pleasing to God.... According to Colossians the third chapter, God tells us to Mortify your members which are upon the earth: fornication, uncleaness, inoridinate affeaction, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry... In the which ye also walked sometime, when ye lived in them... But now you also put off all these anger, wrath , malice blaspemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds And have put on the new man which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him... Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free."but Christ is all, and in all.... The things we need to mortify in our flesh are all part of our five senses.......

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

As Christians, we can't become possessed. The enemy can speak lies to us, but it's up to us to reject them or listen to them. When we choose to listen, we can become oppressed by these lies. We always have the power to reject these thoughts and lies, as Christ has put Satan under His feet.

You have that right. I do wonder though, if it's demon OPPRESSION and not POSSESSION, then why would anything need to be cast OUT when it wasn't IN to begin with. Therefore I would not go back to that church.

Me neither. If it isn't in, it doesn't need to be cast out. That's right. :cool:

It certainly does need repelling and renouncing. There certainly is a spirit of death. The devil himself loathes us and tries to kill as many of us as he can daily.

Our victory is in Jesus, who has the keys of death and hell! But the devil will try his darnedest to destroy us..and he can if we allow it, and let down our defenses. Seek after God and His righteousness in your life daily, keeping short accounts with God, and be filled with the Holy Spirit, and you will have ready weapons at your disposal--the Word of God being the most effective.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

Sister~hearing voices that are suicidal is a spirit. A demon iswhat it does, "spirit of suicide". Your mind is where they get access due to possible past/present sin issues. Can you tell me how long you have been a Christian and what background did you come out of??

Are you on anti depressants?

I personally do deliverance ministry and maybe I can help.

PS~I am not here to debate this issue whether Christains can have demons. I am here to help, not split hairs with my Brethren.

You can personally email me if you would like.. freedom_challenge@yahoo.com

Peace...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Sister~hearing voices that are suicidal is a spirit. A demon iswhat it does, "spirit of suicide". Your mind is where they get access due to possible past/present sin issues. Can you tell me how long you have been a Christian and what background did you come out of??

Are you on anti depressants?

I personally do deliverance ministry and maybe I can help.

PS~I am not here to debate this issue whether Christains can have demons. I am here to help, not split hairs with my Brethren.

You can personally email me if you would like.. freedom_challenge@yahoo.com

Peace...

You go, girl! :wub:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

FA~people need help. When we are dealing with a sucide spirit it is a life and death issue not to be taken lightly. Thanks for your encouragement..

Be Blessed in HIM

Karen

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Sounds like if it is true than it was a demon trying to force you through willpower into doing what it wanted. They can do that. Hard to resist sometimes. I don't think it was a demon for just suiceide though. I had one do that exact thing to me once and I think it was one of the locals, unless they sent out specifically and only for one night a special guy for the job. If you have spiritual discernment you should notice that its someone else's mind trying to affect yours.

I myself have been accused of having a demon of sarcasm once. I knew this demon somewhat and it did a lot more than be sarcastic.

So I don't think that there is one demon for almost everything.

Christians have alway baffled my how the can identify a demonic presence sometimes but they'll mis identfy who they are by getting it mixed up with their current emotions or actions. Very misleading.

And try to understand that it isn't just demons who make you want die or be angry or anything. SOme would have a person believe that they're only negative around demonic influences. I don't know why they promote those ideas.

Of course, maybe a demon of suicide does get commisioned for this sort of thing but that would be kind of wierd and I'd have to ignore a lot of christians who I know have mis identifeid them to come to that conclusion.