sierra21

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

I love reading all these romantic stories. I believe that one never gets over a first love and it works out best if you can marry that one. However, I find it fascinating that your first love brought your husband to the Lord BFP! Praise the Lord, he sure works in wondrous ways!

Our Story

I met my first love on the playground in 6th grade. Actually we didn't really meet. I saw him playing with the girl who was the most unliked in the school. I remember how the other kids would make fun of her cause she was illegitimate. He was showing her how to ride his skate board. This poor girl had literally no friends, save for this one boy. I thought, if he can be nice to someone who no one else likes without worrying about what others think of him he must be super special. SO I turned to the three other girls I was hanging out with on the teeter totters and said [literally] "See that guy over there, I'm going to marry him".

I spent a while just trying to find out who he was. I think it was in 7th grade that I finally found out his name. :whistling: Bill. :P About that time he noticed me too. I was completely enamored with him. He rode my bus, which my mother drove. So we started hanging out together. I went to his house a couple times. I dated several guys but this was the one I wanted to spend time with. We were always friends. We wrote notes throughout school. Even when he did not agree with a guy I was dating he would stand by me, waiting for me to come to my senses. HE never really dated another girl, only as friends, in groups. We officially became boyfriend/girlfriend our Jr year in High school. We were completely in love.

My mother broke us up after 11 months, we were both devastated. :24: I moved on and thought he had too. At the age of 17 he accepted Christ as saviour and was Baptized in my home church at 18. I had been saved since age 8. His relationship with the Lord did not have anything to do with me, save for the fact that the reason he came to church with us was because of my mother's strict rule of only dating guys from church. But he was saved when we were not together.

After Highschool, I got a job as a nanny and was dating an emotionally unstable guy. My First Love brought a few girls to church but, I later found out, was not interested in them. A mutual friend told him to wait for me. So he did. Two years after HS he joined the Army and the night before he left he came to my house to say goodbye. He cried and told me he never loved anyone else and that he would miss me. I had no idea that he was still even interested.

Three days later I came out of the shock and sent him a letter in Basic Training. My heart still skips a beat when I think about it. :24: I still have the letters we exchanged during that time, I have all the notes from high school as well. One time we were on the phone together, mind you we had not seen each other since he left for Basic. He and I were joking and I said, "What am I going to do with you?" He said, "Marry me". Of course, I thought he was kidding. He wasn't! :21:

He came home for Christmas that year 1986, and we got engaged on his birthday, 20 years ago this Thursday. We were wed on June 13th, after he graduated from AIT and we had a two week honeymoon. Then he left for Germany. While he was there, preparing a place for us to live, I lived with my parents. I flew to Germany just before Thanksgiving and we spent three glorious years as a newly married couple in beautiful Germany! It was the perfect start to our wedded bliss.

Almost 20 years later we have two wonderful children and a fantastic relationship. He is my BEST friend. My heart pitter patters at the thought of him. My breath catches when I see him coming, or across a crowded room. All I think about is how I can get enough money so he can quit his job and stay home with me. Retirement is 15 years away! There is NO WAY I am ever letting this gem get away.

BTW, marrying him did not help, he's still as goofy as ever! :21:

Ok that's our story. And I'm stickin' to it. :24:

I also have a beautiful story about my Step-Dad's first love. If anyone is interested. It's completely romantic.

In His Mighty Grip,

Bib

:24:

write it!! write it!!! write it!!! i am more than interested! :D :D :D

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

I married my first Love.

But my mom and dads story is so cute.

My dad was driving down the road, when he saw my mom and nearly ran off the road. Well, not long after, they were set up on a blind date. She was 16 he was 19. Her family said it wouldn't work. Three months later they were married. They both received salvation/baptism in the same month and year. Two years from now they will celebrate their 50th anniversary. My mom when they first were married was getting over being a "slave" to her family, My dad when to work, actually bought her first doll and let her play with the neighbors kids when he was at work, they waited until she was in her early twenties before they had little knuckle heads. And they had the three of us. They raised us the best they could. I'm so looking forward to this celebration of 50 years, I need to start planning.

When my parents come to visit, it's like me and my husband get super charged spiritually and in our marriage, just by being around them, and they confess that they come away just as blessed. They are so wonderful together.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I didn't marry my first love, but I did marry my true love, the one God brought me. I don't regret that one bit. My husband (I will call him Tallin, since that is his online name, the way I am Iryssa) and I met on the college campus while I was engaged to Ex-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. We shared so many interests: theatre, writing, reading (especially fantasy and sci-fi), Celtic music and culture, Ancient History, Philosophy...basically, we became very close Nerd-Friends *grin*

Even after I left the college, while I was dealing with the pain of a bad relationship, Tallin was always there for me. He never demanded I break up with Ex-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named--he could see that it only made me dig my heels in when people tried that technique--he just let me cry on the phone and online to him, and was the definition of a good friend.

I don't really know when I started to fall in love with him. It was probably around the time I started to realize that Ex-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named was never going to stop his gambling and drinking too much, and I started to distance myself from him and his drinking buddies. Tallin and I found ourselves accidentally staying up until 5am talking on ICQ and writing MAFs together (Multi-Author Fiction). I would so much look forward to him coming online in the evening (we eventually stuck with online talking...the phone bills were getting a little expensive). When Ex-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named moved to another city, I found myself visiting Tallin and our friends in our college town more often than him, even though our college town was farther away. Leaving that town, and him, was getting harder and harder with each visit.

This whole time, I was fighting an inward battle. I didn't think Tallin loved me in return. I thought Ex-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named was all I deserved and that he needed me--and that I needed him--despite the way he treated me (I realized later that those feelings were some telltale signs that Ex-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named was emotionally manipulative and abusive). I thought that I would spend my life single if I broke off the engagement.

Finally, I gave it to God. I released all control of my love-life to Him, saying "whether you make this work, make something else work, or make me single forever, this is YOURS." I prayed. I cried a lot. Eventually, I broke up with Ex-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, ending a two-year relationship (with a seven-month engagement)...I would never have believed it would happen, if you'd talked to me in my senior year of highschool, but it was the best thing I ever did.

Not too long after, I was staying at a girlfriend's place in our college town, visiting Tallin & co. again. As everyone decided to go to bed, he lingered just a little longer to say "good night" to me. I knew it was coming...we both did. I'll never forget that night's ending: He leaned in and kissed me. I responded. We held eachother for a moment, and released slowly, so that our fingertips were last to let go. Reluctantly he turned, and walked out of the light of the street lamp, turning one last time for our eyes to meet before he was out of sight.

Anyway...the rest is obvious...we got together, had a wonderful relationship, and now we're married. *grin* God has blessed me so much since giving my love-life to Him. I look back, and (seeing the mess I made of things for a while) I can't believe I tried to take the steering wheel from Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

aww its so nice to read these stories. Jesus always knows what i need...and goodness knows I needed a little pick-me-up after the past week.

Blessings.

Guest Biblicist
aww its so nice to read these stories. Jesus always knows what i need...and goodness knows I needed a little pick-me-up after the past week.

Blessings.

This is a song from Brigadoon. I thought of it when I read your post, Sierra. :blink:

WAITIN' FOR MY DEARIE

Many a lassie as ev'ryone knows'll

Try to be married before twenty-five.

So she'll agree to most any proposal.

All he mus' be is a man, an' alive.

I hold a dream an' there's no compromisin'

I know there's one certain laddie for me.

One day he'll come walkin' o'er the horizon:

But should he not, then an old maid I'll be.

Foolish, ye may say.

Foolish I will stay.

Waitin' for my dearie, an' happy am I

to hold my heart till he comes strollin' by.

When he comes, my dearie, one look an' I'll know

That he's the dearie I've been wantin' so.

Though I'll live forty lives till the day he arrives,

I'll not ever, ever grieve.

For my hopes will be high that he'll come strollin' by;

For ye see, I believe

That there's a laddie weary, and wanderin' free,

Who's waitin' for his dearie:

Me!

1ST GIRL:

What do ye do while ye're waitin' around

For your lad to come your way?

FIONA:

Well, when no one is lookin', ye kneel on the ground,

An' ye pray an' pray an' pray!

2ND GIRL:

But when lassies sit an' have no men,

Oh, how long becomes the night.

FIONA:

But I fear the night is longer when the lad's no' right.

Waitin' for my dearie is sweeter to me

Than wooin' any laddie on the lea.

GIRLS:

Dreamin' of your dearie, an' idlin' the day

FIONA:

That's how I am an' how I'll ever stay.

Though I'll live forty lives till the day he arrives,

I'll not ever, ever grieve.

For my hopes will be high that he'll come strollin' by;

For ye see, I believe

FIONA AND GIRLS:

That there's a laddie weary, an' wanderin' free,

who's waitin' for his dearie:

FIONA:

Me!

Guest Biblicist

Doing my best to get you those millions of responses. ;) Grab some popcorn, this is a long story.

Jim and Francie

The year was 1947 and a dashing young man, :laugh: age 17, headed to Lake Odell from his hometown in Southern Ohio. There he was to spend the week at a Christian camp acting as lifeguard. Never did he realize that he would meet the girl that would change his life.

At the same time, a young beautiful girl, ;) 15, traveled with her church group to the very same camp. When she had arrived at the camp and settled into her cabin, she headed down to the lake for a look around. :24: This young man was in a boat at the dock, preparing to cast off. "What are you doing?" she coyly asked the fellow.

He replied, "I am planning to head out in this boat to check the depth of the lake and make sure it's safe for swimmers."

Batting her eyes at him, :24: she responded, "May I come along?"

He agreed and they rowed around the lake and she waited as he swam around making sure the lake was indeed safe.

They spent the entire week, swooning over each other and an amorous relationship began. :24: At the end of the week they exchanged addresses [real home addresses not email addresses] and promised to write to each other. . .

For several months they exchanged letters. The young man even traveled with his mother to the young ladies home town for a visit. Not to long after that though, the letters from the young lady stopped coming. No real reason was given, they just stopped. The young man pined for his love. :24: But there was nothing to do to reconnect with her. He simply had to wait till the next year when they again reunited at Lake Odell.

Sure enough the next summer they met again and with heartfelt apologies, and a quick excuse that her mother broke it off, they took up where they had left off. This time they were 18 and 16. She was young though, and maybe too young to be involved in such a serious relationship with a man who was looking to settle down. For after they left camp, again, the letters stopped after a time. This time he decided not to pursue her. Instead he moved on to a young woman he had known through school and married her. Together they had three children and stayed very close to where he was raised.

Just hours away she too moved on. She got a job after graduation at a local drive in diner and met a man there that turned her eye as well as her heart. They were married and also had three children throughout their married life. She too, never moved far from where she was raised.

Flash forward to 1999. The young woman, now a wife, mother and grandmother, said good bye to her beloved husband of 42 years.

In 2002, Jim, now a husband, father and grandfather, said good bye to his beloved wife of almost 50 years. They were both alone again. Each one began to suffer the effects of losing a spouse.

As his children began to go through the things in the house after their mothers death they found something rather peculiar. Photographs and letters from the late 1940's. When questioned about who the young woman was in the photos, the memories came flooding back and he said, "That's my Francie". Remarkably, his mother had saved all the letters sent to him and the photographs taken of the two of them on their visit.

Jim remembered that her brother had been a preacher and that he started a church, he contacted his long lost loves older brother. Praying all the time that she was alive and if the Lord willed it, alone. Much to his relief she was. He received permission to phone her and did. Amazingly he had traveled up to the area where she grew up, in case he made contact.

The woman, Francie, did not remember him! She had been through many surgeries in her adult life and had lost part of her memory. So when she received a phone call from this man she had NO IDEA :P who he was! Nervous about meeting him alone at her condo, she made arrangements to meet him at the home she was to share with her daughter and son in law. With her daughter there to chaperone she was sure to be "safe".

The day of their reunion. Francie headed over to the new house, nervous. Behind her, a large cadillac began to follow. There was a lone man in the car. She became even more nervous. Especially when he tooted the horn at her when they reached the red light. He followed her all the way to the house and pulled into the drive behind her. It wasn't till he got out of the vehicle that she realized that this must be the man. In his hand was a long stem white rose. And he said to her, "You're my Francie". "May I do something that you would never let me do before?"

Nervously she replied, "Sure" not really sure that she wanted to do whatever it was he wanted.

For the first time he hugged this young woman that he had fallen in love with 57 years before. :21: You see, she was very proper and would never let him touch her. No hand holding, no hugging. Certainly no kissing.

They came into the house and her daughter fixed them a nice meal for lunch. The next day was Sunday, so he picked her up for church and they went out for lunch afterward. It turns out they went to Bob Evans for lunch and stayed till dinner. He took her back to her condo and left for the hotel for the night.

The next morning, he decided he could not leave without saying goodbye to her. So he headed back to the condo, not knowing what the visit might hold. The excitement of having a visitor was too much for her little dog and he soiled the carpet :cool: . Kindly he knelt down to clean it up for her. Coyly she said, "Is there something you might like to say while you are down there?"

Then and there he proposed to her. A long awaited event finally came to pass. :wub::wub:

Now came the task of telling the family. But not to worry, her daughters were thrilled to see their mother so happy. As were his children, mostly. January 10th, 2004 they were wed.

The man is my stepfather and the woman my mother. As you may have guessed. They are happily married and living in his house in Southern Ohio.

Hope you liked it.

Bib

;) See, I look just like my mother.

• Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Aw!!! That's one of the most lovely love stories I've ever read!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  03/05/1976

I met my first love in 1996. He was the only boyfriend I