undone

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

How dare the potter blame the pot when it has been poorly thrown?

If your standards are so high, why have you made vessels so flawed? And how dare you then hold them accountable.

You answer ME first God. You tell ME about the countless generations of misery on this planet. You explain to ME about the suffering that has gone on.

When you destroyed the earth in the flood, explain to ME about the suffering of the little children as they drowned, crying out to their mothers as the waters rose around them.

When you hardened the heart of pharoah in Egypt, you explain to ME about the first born that were slain and the anguish of their parents.

All the innocents that have suffered horribly and died. In their millions. In every earthquake, tornado, fire. Every traffic accident, every illness and disease.

How dare you judge me. I stand before you, and I condem you God. For your impotence. For your inconsistancy. For your feeble attempts to communicate to your creation. I condemn YOU.

You are not worthy. Do your worst.

WOW! He would take His great hand and swipe you away as soon as look at you. Even the devil knows who God is! I doubt you would get the first word out of your foul and self-loving mouth. How dare the pot call the potter anything!

So many people reject Christ based on blaming God for all the pain and misery in the world. But isn't the answer to that simple? Every good and perfect gift is from God, and all suffering and misery is from Satan. If Satan had never come in the form of a snake in the first place, we would still be in the garden of Eden! There are 2 forces affecting this world, God and Satan. Why do so many blame God? They see the evilness in this world from Satan, and choose not to believe in God as a result?

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

1 Peter 1:3-7 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade-kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith-of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire-may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

Romans 8:18-21 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. Fot the creation was subjected to frusturation, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

1 John 3:1 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/15/1962

What I mean is that we do have horrible death and destruction that we have created on this earth, the millions of babies that have died the wars that have killed so many innocents, on and on. Without God, those people are dead and in hell, for hell are but the grave, eternal doom, the blackness of darkness forever.

If there is an earthquake, it is not anyone's fault. Nobody made the earthquake happen.

During the earthquake, a building collapses and a 6 month old baby is trapped and takes a day to die. In pain and agony. Broken bones. Starvation. Thirst.

The baby is innocent. God could have done so many things. he could have had the baby's mother take it for a walk. He could have had a beam fall strategically, forming a barrier to protect the baby till the rescuers came.

It's a hypothetical baby, but something like it has happened. In differing ways, in differing circumstances.

The point is that there is needless suffering of innocents. Caused by no-one. And not prevented by the omniscient, omnipotent God.

And. If ever I am before him. I will want him to explain it to me before he condemns me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

What I mean is that we do have horrible death and destruction that we have created on this earth, the millions of babies that have died the wars that have killed so many innocents, on and on. Without God, those people are dead and in hell, for hell are but the grave, eternal doom, the blackness of darkness forever.

If there is an earthquake, it is not anyone's fault. Nobody made the earthquake happen.

During the earthquake, a building collapses and a 6 month old baby is trapped and takes a day to die. In pain and agony. Broken bones. Starvation. Thirst.

The baby is innocent. God could have done so many things. he could have had the baby's mother take it for a walk. He could have had a beam fall strategically, forming a barrier to protect the baby till the rescuers came.

It's a hypothetical baby, but something like it has happened. In differing ways, in differing circumstances.

The point is that there is needless suffering of innocents. Caused by no-one. And not prevented by the omniscient, omnipotent God.

And. If ever I am before him. I will want him to explain it to me before he condemns me.

So you feel you would be condemned?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I'm about to head to church so I'll be away for quite awhile. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Stewart,

There was a man who came face to face wiht the Glory of the Lord and could not help but fall on his face, He was undone. The Word used in the Bible for this undoneness was disjointed or that every bone in his body became disjointed and he was like a bowl of jello on the ground.

The Angels who attended this sighting also folded their wings over their faces. For they surely did not want their image confused with the Glory of God.

It can be found in Isaiah 6;

Isa

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

P.S.

Something I just picked up today in my eprsonal time with the Lord;

Jon

So you feel you would be condemned?

Well, of course.

It's in the nature of the topic. Obviously I don't believe in the existance of god at all. The topic is "UNBELIEVERS - You're dead and before God on Judgment Day"

So in order to answer the topic I have to make as if the whole bible thing is true and I've got it all wrong. And given those game rules, yes, I'd be condemned.

I think it was FloatingAxe or SoulGrind who quoted Revelation 13:15 in another topic "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!"

I kind of like the sentiment, and it is in that spirit that I would stand before God and give him what for.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Stewart, I am curious. If you dont mind answering this question for me. If you reject God so much, and are that angry at Him, what is your interest in coming here? Why do you waste your time at a Christian message board when you not only do not believe in Him, but harbor such anger towards Him? (Which doesnt even make sense. How can you be angry at someone you dont believe even exists.) You actively sought us out. Why would you make that effort? What is your motivation? I would like to understand you.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/23/1973

God,

Your saints tried to tell me that you are a God of love, yet they killed millions in your name. They told me you were anti-abortion, yet scriptures like Hosea 13:16 which state that you told Israelites to rip unborn babies from their mother's wombs seemed to contradict that. They told me not to judge, yet they were the most judgmental group of people I ever met.

I am sorry I couldn't see past all of that and realize that your saints do a very bad job representing you. I sure wish I had met real Christians, rather than pretenders. I always loved the idea of you, but just didn't see true Christianity in action.

Something like that, I'd imagine.

Fortunately I've finally been able to look past the horrible saints and see God. It's been quite the journey (which I happen to chronicle in my blog if you're interested).

Stewart, I am curious. If you dont mind answering this question for me. If you reject God so much, and are that angry at Him, what is your interest in coming here? Why do you waste your time at a Christian message board when you not only do not believe in Him, but harbor such anger towards Him? (Which doesnt even make sense. How can you be angry at someone you dont believe even exists.) You actively sought us out. Why would you make that effort? What is your motivation? I would like to understand you.

:)

A lot of very good questions!

I don't think I waste my time here. You guys make me think. I used to be a Christian. Now that I am no longer, I have to test my new philosophies.

Against what? Against the old. Christianity is very complex, which is why there are different denominations, different interpretaions and so much church history. If I just write it all off and say "Fairy Tales" then I'm being as mentally lazy as anyone who says "God did it"

Even as an atheist there are issues to be considered. The concept of Evil, for example. In a system outside of God does it exist? And how do I define it or identify it?

Spending time here with you all helps me clarify these things.

You are right that it is illogical to be angry at something that doesn't exist. But the definitions of God, his description, as laid out in the bible, exist. Those concepts and definitions annoy me. Perhaps I am angry because I feel I had put a lot of effort and emotion into smoke and mirrors. Like when Dorothy and the others find that the Wizard of Oz is just a man behind a curtain.

I am certainly glad I found Worthy tho'. There is such a spectrum of humanity here, and much, much to learned. Didn't I get a lesson in Middle Eastern history last month? :emot-hug: