• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,794
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Less than 24 hours after he was fired from the pulpit of the evangelical megachurch he founded, the Rev. Ted Haggard acknowledged yesterday that he was guilty of sexual immorality.

http://www.worthynews.com/news/washtimes-c...6-121749-8636r/

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

He'll be back: I predict he'll write a book about forgiveness or love or some other hard hitting topic and then start a new church is Florida.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I think that Mr Haggards fall is one of the saddest things to happen since Jimmy Swargard fell also. All of the Body of Christ needs to pray. Pray for him and pray for our selves, that the Lord would grant us grace to not fall into temptation in what ever area of weakness satan has control over us. We all need to become accountable to some other saint or we too will fall and bring shame to God and our brothers and sisters. If you think you are standing firm be careful lest you fall. At this time we need to not wag the the tongue, like a fool in self righteous judgement, but rather sing a dirge like David for a great man has fallen among us and in this we should all fear and pray for the deliverance of Christ by the power of His Holy Spirit.

For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. 1 Cor. 11:31-32

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God. 1 Peter 4:17a

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

I believe that the Scriptures dealing with "overcometh"/"overcome" are quite applicable:{reading recently about an orthodox Rabbi Steven Greenberg who battled for many years trying to be a normal heterosexual and -apparently- lost the battle. His book:"Wrestling with God & men:Homosexuality in the Jewish Tradition".

Vaguely remember an article backa bunch of years ago as a followup to Jimmy Swaggert's temptation and fall back around 1988-title of article was something like "Still wrestling with the devil". Ephesians 6:12-"We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rev 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Rev 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth [it].

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [i will write upon him] my new name.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>><

Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him [are] called, and chosen, and faithful.

Edited by ajesuschrist_mathetes

• Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I think its sad that all those hypocrites voted to fire him, when none of them are sinless either. Bet half the congregation has sexual immorality problems, just like any other church.

Jesus came to save sinners. Last time I checked, all of us were sinners.

People defend thieves like TBN wolves to the death, but someone gets caught with their pants down one time and they are instantly fired and slandered across nationwide television. I'm not defending sin, but there are worse things than sexual immorality going on in the church, starting with false doctrine going world wide 24/7.

Lately, its hard to tell the Church from Capitol Hill, its all politics.

Um I believe it is quite clear in Scripture that if a leader falls into sin ,especially grievious sin like this, that he is to be removed. It doesnt make them hypocritcal to follow Scriptural guidelines.

I think its sad that all those hypocrites voted to fire him, when none of them are sinless either. Bet half the congregation has sexual immorality problems, just like any other church.

People defend thieves like TBN wolves to the death, but someone gets caught with their pants down one time and they are instantly fired and slandered across nationwide television. I'm not defending sin, but there are worse things than sexual immorality going on in the church, starting with false doctrine going world wide 24/7.

Whao...he was a church leader,his board did the right thing dumping him. That is NOT being hypocritical.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

Sin always has consequences. Just think if he gets a pat on the hand and told that was a no no and never do it again. He then continues in the darkness. He continues in the drug addiction, he continues in the sexual immorality. Some times it takes a lot of consequence to get us to straighten out our lives. Take away the consequences and you get much of the problems we now see in society. The best thing that could have ever happened to him is that it is all brought to light and he has to deal with it. Unfortunately his sin is going to hurt many people including his family. In some ways I see this as perhaps a sign that God still has something left to work with.

God bless,

K.D.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

And was it simply one time "dropping the pants" or three years of it? Sin in the camp, as in Achan's striking case, affects the entire nation. Sin bears awful consequences. Ask Samson in Judges 16. Mr. Haggard is gone & rightly so...altho I guess he'll be back and writing a book. Please.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Woah!

No one is claiming to be sin free! However, there are some sins that by Scripture need to be dealt with more severely than others.

And truthfully, the whole point of his removal as a spiritual leader is not about condemnatiion - it is about restoration. What he did was damaging. Why he got involved in it is because of something in his life that needs to be healed. There are a group of pastors that have committed to work with him in overcoming this. It is much better and safer for all for him to be out of the spotlight, out of preaching and pastoring, while he is being restored first in his heart.

Honestly, I know of a pastor who's sin was exposed but refused to step down from leadership of the church - even for a season. The church was damaged as a result.

No, the church did the correct thing. Again, it isn't to condemn - it's to bring healing and restoration.