Butler

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Unitarians need not be absent for ecumenical shin-digs which elevate man & decry the Lord Jesus Christ as the world's only Savior. Why might they be so different in anyone's books than, say, a new-ager Oprah what's-her-name?! The difference is but in one's mind.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

I think what Smalcald is saying is not that a homosexual coming out and saying they are gay and willing to fight, is better than anybody else that is willign to fight against sin. I think Smalcald is saying that it takes a certain push, a certain will to fight something so big... while many others will keep quiet about their sin and never deal with it. That is, if I am understanding this right.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/22/1965

I don't think that the term "meant to be celibate" has the implications you are placing on it. If I have a problem with addiction to alcohol, then I have a choice to make, drink or don't. In the end, any successful alcoholic recovery is due to abstinence. If the problem with an individual is that they are attracted to the same sex, which the Bible categorizes the act of physically loving the same sex as an abomination, then the reasonable thing to expect would be to abstain form that. Jesus stated that if your eye causes you to sin, then pluck it out, remove it from your life, because going into heaven with only 1 eye is preferred to entering hell whole. If that is something that a person has to give up to enter heaven, then that is what is necessary :24:

Edited by Prodigalson123

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

If you are battling sexual temptation

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

personally,

I believe the Blood Test need to be brought back into play before a marriage license is issured....

not just for the blood type, but also for some of those STD's that can not be stopped....

best thing for any and all persons to do, is to abstain from all sexual activity until married, male to female, and then only with the spouse.....

just think,

only one time is all it takes to kill a person..... there is some mean stuff out there... having sex one time can cause life long problems..... and one of the problems is a shortened life....

just like drugs, meth can kill the first time used......

do we really have to justify our sins? why not do as the Lord has said.... follow....keep... obey..... His Commandments..... if not for yourself, then for your future family..... or even your current family....

mike

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hello all!

I know I should have posted this in the contravercial form but I wasnt allowed posting there. Im sure the administrators will move this soom :whistling:

Im certainly not trying to insult anyone here. Please excuse my ignorance in the matter but this has come up in my small group and we didnt have an answer. Ok, here we go......

How can you be a homosexual and a Christian? Do you not see it as a sin? That was a theory that we had. Doesnt being gay contradict your faith in Jesus? I mean actively living in sin without asking forgiveness and worshiping Jesus who told us to repent of uor sins seems a little strange.

If there are anyone out there who can help me here I would certainly appreciate it!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

this is really not hard at all in my thinking towards the matter. because if the person is a homosexual before their conversion then they should have already turned from their sins and been forgiven as if they never done it and the church should accept such a person who has turned from their past sins.

according to 1 cor 6:11 as such were some of you but ye are washed but ye are sanctified but ye are justified in the name of the lord Jesus and by the spirit of our God. So if one has had a conversion they have been washed by the blood they have been sanctified made clean and holy by the blood and they have been justified as if they have never done the sins in their past in the name of the lord Jesus and by the spirit of our God. this is for those who were homosexuals prior to salvation who have turned and repented then added to the church they should be viewed as a christian and saint of God as they no longer are a homosexual and have turned from the lifestyle.

as far as those who have been a christian in the church for them to turn from the faith and begin to practice this type of lifestyle should be put out of the church for sexual immorality. living in this type of a lifestyle is a contradiction of the christian faith. after conversion this lifestyle should never be condoned or tolerated in the christian church.

SwordFish

Edited by SwordFish

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

It takes a LOT of strength that can only be drawn from Jesus Christ, to resist the temptation of wanting to engage in sexual activites that are of an immoral nature. I myself know that it takes an effort beyond imagination NOT to give into satans temptation. Please don't judge, just pray.

Can Do

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/28/1982

WOW! Thanks for all your imput guys and girls! :)

While all your posts were helpful I guess I'll have to find an actively homosexual Christain to ask. Ya see, I know its wrong. God has told us so. What I dont understand is how can a Christian live with him/herself while ACTIVELY sinning against God?

Hey, Im certainly not perfect. I have flaws, HUGE flaws, but I get down on my knees and aske God to forgive my sins. If I was stealing (and did so every day) and never asked for forgivness I just dont know how I could face the Father.

God bless all of you for your replies. Just to clarify one other thing, I dont hate hoxosexuals, I hate their behaviour. I have 3 friends that are homosexual, 2 guys and a girl. They know where I stand on the matter and we respect each others views (even if they are apposed). If only they were Christian :whistling: then I could ask them!

GOB BLESS ALL OF YOU!!! :)

While all your posts were helpful I guess I'll have to find an actively homosexual Christain to ask. Ya see, I know its wrong. God has told us so. What I dont understand is how can a Christian live with him/herself while ACTIVELY sinning against God?

Hey, Im certainly not perfect. I have flaws, HUGE flaws, but I get down on my knees and aske God to forgive my sins. If I was stealing (and did so every day) and never asked for forgivness I just dont know how I could face the Father.

God bless all of you for your replies. Just to clarify one other thing, I dont hate hoxosexuals, I hate their behaviour. I have 3 friends that are homosexual, 2 guys and a girl. They know where I stand on the matter and we respect each others views (even if they are apposed). If only they were Christian :whistling: then I could ask them!

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!!! :)

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!!! :)