• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/11/1960

Some of my daughters kin folk attend a church here in MS. called Church of Jesus Name, I wonder if they are part of the Pentacostal Oneness group?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

John 14:7

[ The Father Revealed ] If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.

John 14:9

Jesus said to him, Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, Show us the Father?

John 10:30

I and my Father are one.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Isn't "Christ" just a title too....... :noidea::)

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

What is being proposed here is a form of an age old heresy called modalism. It denies the concept of the Trinity and holds that the Father, Som, and Holy Spirit are just titles for God and reflective of How God acts at different times. It is not scriptural

modalism... hmm I must have missed that ism in my Power Vocab post :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

What is being proposed here is a form of an age old heresy called modalism. It denies the concept of the Trinity and holds that the Father, Som, and Holy Spirit are just titles for God and reflective of How God acts at different times. It is not scriptural

Modalism

Modalism is probably the most common theological error concerning the nature of God. It is a denial of the Trinity which states that God is a single person who, throughout biblical history, has revealed Himself in three modes, or forms. Thus, God is a single person who first manifested himself in the mode of the Father in Old Testament times. At the incarnation, the mode was the Son. After Jesus' ascension, the mode is the Holy Spirit. These modes are consecutive and never simultaneous. In other words, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit never all exist at the same time, only one after another. Modalism denies the distinctiveness of the three persons in the Trinity even though it retains the divinity of Christ.

Present day groups that hold to forms of this error are the United Pentecostal and United Apostolic Churches. They deny the Trinity, teach that the name of God is Jesus, and require baptism for salvation. These modalist churches often accuse Trinitarians of teaching three gods. This is not what the Trinity is. The correct teaching of the Trinity is one God in three eternal coexistent persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Found this with MSN search

K.D.

Modalism

Modalism is probably the most common theological error concerning the nature of God. It is a denial of the Trinity which states that God is a single person who, throughout biblical history, has revealed Himself in three modes, or forms. Thus, God is a single person who first manifested himself in the mode of the Father in Old Testament times. At the incarnation, the mode was the Son. After Jesus' ascension, the mode is the Holy Spirit. These modes are consecutive and never simultaneous. In other words, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit never all exist at the same time, only one after another. Modalism denies the distinctiveness of the three persons in the Trinity even though it retains the divinity of Christ.

Present day groups that hold to forms of this error are the United Pentecostal and United Apostolic Churches. They deny the Trinity, teach that the name of God is Jesus, and require baptism for salvation. These modalist churches often accuse Trinitarians of teaching three gods. This is not what the Trinity is. The correct teaching of the Trinity is one God in three eternal coexistent persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Found this with MSN search

K.D.

Yep what KD just posted!!! Great search Dad :thumbsup::thumbsup:

http://www.bible.ca/trinity/trinity-modalism.htm

Thought this was an interesting site as well.

y'all should go to apologetics and add this cool stuff!! More isms YaY!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Floating Axe, do you believe in Oneness (modalism) or in the Trinity?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/05/1947

This sounds like a pentecostal oneness argument again.

It is incorrect to believe that people only did things in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus himself said to baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, ... not singluar, plural... all three titles, if you want to call them that, are in the one name. The second name is the Lord Jesus Christ... it is not the same. Two different names and they hold different authority. Yet there is but one God.

No arguement, just a thought. Interesting responses and yet Jesus said He and His Father are ONE. Having been warned by moderators to not persue this topic further I withdraw