• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

I am under the impression that the devil cannot know your personal thoughts, and I don't know where I got this idea origionally, but I would like to know if there is a Biblical reference to this belief

Thanks

BFP

Good question.

I think he is able to know our thoughts. Otherwise how would he know whether we believed or not.

I don't believe he has any power over us, unless we give it to him.

This is just my opinion and I too would like to hear what others have to say in this matter.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/11/1960

I have always heard not to speak what you don't want the devil to know.

Only God knows our thoughts and our hearts.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

I've always thought if satan could read our minds/hearts, he would of never tried those tribulations with Job....if he could of read Job's heart and mind he would've known it was no use.... :emot-hug::24:

Just my thoughts.... :24:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/28/1971

I used to think the devil could read my mind. I dont know where I got that from. But anyway, here's what I think. I think the devil can tempt you with thoughts, but he can not read your mind, only God can. The devil knows all about us whether or not we like it or not. So since he knows us, he knows what can tempt us, so he uses that to try to get us to fall away from God.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

But is it wriiten anywhere in the Bible that the devil knows our thoughts? And if he can put thoughts into our mind, or help us expand on a bad thought that is already there, then obviously he can read our thoughts right?

Just something I have always wondered is all because if he can get into your spirit, he can get into your thoughts

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

I am under the impression that the devil cannot know your personal thoughts, and I don't know where I got this idea origionally, but I would like to know if there is a Biblical reference to this belief

Thanks

BFP

I think if Satan did know your thoughts then he would not have to put bad ideas into our minds that exalt themselves above God to divert us as we have to take our thoughts captive and make them obedient to God. It just stands to reason that if Satan could read your mind then it would be futal to do this he would just overt our plans and win everytime. Satan is not all knowing or else he would be on this crazy kick to overthrow God who is all knowing and omipotent and omnipresent. Satan is neither of those things.

2 Corinthians 10:4-5--"(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds:) 5) Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalted itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ."

When we struggle with bad thoughts bad attitudes and so on it is Satan who is waging war in our mind those bad thoughts are coming from him. We are commanded to cast them down don't entertain those bad thoughts but take hold of them and pull em out of your mind don't let them stay cause you could give into those bad thoughts if you don't take them captive they will take you if not careful.

So my thoughts are no satan cannot read your thoughts based on the scripture I gave.

It was a very good question to ask. hope I have given you some food for thoughts

OC

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  101
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/02/1948

I have just spent a few hours trying to search out any reference scripturally that refers to the reading of thoughts by the enemy. If there is one I can't find it. But I do want to thank you for indirectly causing me to do the most intensive scripture search I have done in quite a while. Thanks for the work out! God Bless

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

I have just spent a few hours trying to search out any reference scripturally that refers to the reading of thoughts by the enemy. If there is one I can't find it. But I do want to thank you for indirectly causing me to do the most intensive scripture search I have done in quite a while. Thanks for the work out! God Bless

Our mind controls and tells our body what to do so if satan can get control of our minds then we will do his bidding in our bodies but if we don't give him access to it and cast down those thoughts and imaginations that exalt themselves above God then then we will follow the will of the Lord in our bodies.

we are to keep our minds renewed by the word of God as I have said he who controls the mind has control of your body. satan or God you have to choose.

blessings

OC

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

During exorcisms it has become clear to me that at least some demons cannot read your mind. It also seems some can......