• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  101
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/02/1948

I recently read a book by David Hunt called Judgement Day it stresses the importance of the Jews and prophecy and backs it up with scripture and fact a great read I highly recommend it...God Bless

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

The more I learn about Jewish roots, the more I realize that it's almost impossible to understand Christianity in any depth apart from from its Jewishness. Back in September, I saw some teachings on Christian TV about the day of Yom Kippur (which came on Oct. 2 this year), and it really opened my eyes to things I've never seen or known before! I was so thankful that the Lord provided that teaching when He did. I want to get the book, but there are so many great books, and I won't live long enough to read all the ones I want to read now! :thumbsup:

You know, once you start to read about the Jews, and the history (things like Josephus, antiqituies, the way the Jews thought, etc...) You know we have this idea today that the ancient people were "barbarians" and it was some kind of barbaric culture or something which is simply not true. I'd be willing to bet Adam was 1000x smarter than anyone that lives today, and I think Jewish Wisdom is amazing. They are truly gifted by God being his chosen people, and I think that WE'RE actually more stupid with all of our technology and "acquired knowledge" (which doesn't amount to Wisdom at all) as opposed to the way they thought. It really is quite amazing. And God Bless Isreal.

Guest spiersdodgerblue
If you were invited for dinner to an observant Jewish home in those days and found that you were well treated, every custom was properly followed, the meal was delicious and the fellowship uplifting, at the end of the meal you would take the napkin that had been provided to you and rumple it casually at your place before leaving the dining area of the house. If, however, you had been insulted through a lack of appropriate courtesies, the food had been unpalatable, the conversation stilted and tense
Edited by spiersdodgerblue