• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

I share an office with my uncle. Upon started there one of his customer who is also his friend came in one day and seeing me he stopped and looked at me for a few seconds before he said, I use to watch you when you where younger and I've been in love with you for many years now, but I can't any more because I heard your a christian now. Your into church. I was taken back at this. I said to him that I'm not into church I've got an relationship with Christ. It's a big difference. I have never seen this man before that day, but apparently he use to see me at the parties my uncle's band use to have. After that he came in almost everyday, but now he would quote the bible in every conversation he had no matter what the converstation was. When ever Christ is mention I seem to alway come to attend and pay attention. I don't know why, but I do. Soon after our first exchange he started asking me out and I of course kept saying no. NO seems to me like a very simply word to understand. No...No...NO. This man is really upsetting me. He had the nerves to asks that I pray to God about us getting together. Us!... I don't think so. I think he's forgetton the first thing he's every said to me. I can't forget. Now I've come to find out that he's actually a deacon in a church. A deacon. I don't want this mans attention. I don't want to pray to God about us as if there will ever be a us. He really upsets me so forgive me that I'm just ranting. He just left the office a moment ago and I'm really getting tired of his attention. Why is it so hard for him to get it? NO means NO. Any advice on how to say no and say it forcifully so that he will finally get it without being mean to him. :taped:

Jacqueline

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,930
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  232
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

so why are you worried about being mean to him ??? it sounds as if he is not taking your feelings into account at all. Next time just tell him in a very firm voice I DO NOT WANT TO GO OUT WITH YOU ...I WOULD MUCH PREFER YOU TO LEAVE ME ALONE ...I AM NOT INTERESTED IN YOU NOW PLEASE GO ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS AND LET ME GET ON WITH MY WORK.

If he still bothers you maybe a word with his church may help...will be praying for you my sister and PLEASE take care as there are some very strange people out there and he sounds like one of them :taped:

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

First off someone saying they had been watching me since

I was young would creep me out more than anything like

how young because he mention he had fallen in love with

you since then.

If he hasn't taken your NO seriously maybe you need to

have your Uncle have a talk with this man, if that doesn't

help I would suggest contacting his church superior.

If he still persists after that he's a lunatic and you need to

call the police he may be stalking you!

God Bless!

:taped:

Guest lovinghim4ever

you since then.

God Bless!

:taped:

My sentiments exactly!

He's a grown man, and he should know the meaning of the word NO by now.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

This guy started watching me when I was around seventeen or eighteen. Thats when I started going to those parties. I'm adult now. I'm sitting here thinking about hiim and I'm not mad at him anymore. I only get upset when he's here and doesn't seem to understand the concept of No. Maybe I will tell my uncle to talk to him. Thanks for your replies.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Seriously...I totally agree with everyone else here.

If he's still being annoying about the "pray to God about us being together" thing...tell him you did, and that God gave you a great, resounding "no."

"Sir, the truth is, I talk to God all the time, and no offence, but He never mentioned you." - "Mouse", Ladyhawke

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Hey pray for him, ya know, people are often blinded by there own desires and it creates bondage, One thing I've learned is when you ask God expecting one answer, if tells you no, then ya often don't listen to the No part of it, I've had this happen quite a few times, and then after I chased and was broken down, God's like, hey I tried to tell you no. Ya know keep your faith up, and keep praying for him, when he asks again, ask him, why does he pray seeking his own pleasures? and tell him to read James. God is an should always be the main focus, Keep your eyes set on bringing him glory, Pray for him, God will let him fall, then show him truth.

No means no and nothing else but no.

I don't know how many other people work where your at, but how do you think he would react if you caused a scene?

For a man ( not me :cool: ) public rejection by a woman is one of the worst things that can happen to him. Embarrass him.

Then go find a nice quiet out of the way spot and talk to God.

You could also go to his church and reject him there, in front of his peers. You don't need to be nasty or anything, just tell him to leave you alone.

Or you could ask a male friend that you really trust, to have a word with him.

Any one of these three should work....if they don't...call a cop.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/19/1948

you since then.

God Bless!

:cool:

I agree with this. I'm not sure but did you mention how old he is? If he's your uncle's age it is wayyyyyyy creepy!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  101
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/02/1948

As a man, and as man who's momma would smack my face at any sign of disrespect to a women young or adult. Out of all the crazy, ugly things I have done in my life that wasn't one of them. No from a woman to a man has the exact same meaning as from a parent ,another man etc...etc...etc... He is being disrespectful and needs to be told to stop. Another quick note (not in anyones defense) as a man I will say ...men are not good at hints. So if you haven't been direct about" no" than you should be. And if he gets upset it is because he doesn't have enough respect for others. God Bless