Joshua-777

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I think if you have so much faith and so much belief in that God will move the mountains when you say "move", then the mountains will move at your command. But who can really say that they have 100% belief and trust in Jesus? I personally think it is inhuman. Only God can do that.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Ya know,

I'm not sure if gifts like tongues,prophecy etc are still being given today.

I'm not convinced one way or the other.

But I do believe in God, I do believe Jesus saved me from my sins, I do believe that the Holy Spirit dwells within my heart.

It's just unless I have a gift or can see the gift I was given, then I just am not sure anyone has those gifts.

I'm skeptical because I dont see one in me.

I'm just being honest here.

Please dont beat me up for it.

I think people go around saying, God showed me this, and I dreamed that, and I spoke in another language of the angels, or I can tell you what that dream means etc way too much.

Can they all be true?

But 2 people dream opposite dreams and are both supposed to be prophetic?

I just dont know.

Someone convince me one way or the other.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Well, I have had dreams come true to the letter, including writing on a piece of paper in the dream, specific exchanges in a conversation, to the letter, landfall site of hurricanes dead on the money nearly half a week ahead of the forecasters, even when they said it was going the opposite direction, or even months before hurricane season started. It was like sometime before Katrina even formed at all, I had a dream in which I saw Two hurricanes' paths cross. One hit just west of the mississippi, and the other hit the south west corner of the state. I told my family about the dream within a day or two. When Katrina formed, somehow I knew the whole time it was going to hit louisiana as a major hurricane, and it was the same way with Rita.

Had a dream about two women at church who were playing with their niece, and I heard specific things they said and did the day before it happened, and when I got there, I was just stting there in the pew, and they came behind me playing with their niece and said exactly what they said in the dream, and I still havent got a clue why God would give me that dream at all, but it happened. To me this has got to be some form of prophecy or revelation from God, even if I still don't understand why it was given. Only God could foretell the future like that. So dreams like this one seem to be personal experience being prophesied.

I hear these kinds of things a lot.

With all due respect tho, you could say that you were a 93 year old man and noone would know otherwise here.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Ya know,

I'm not sure if gifts like tongues,prophecy etc are still being given today.

I'm not convinced one way or the other.

But I do believe in God, I do believe Jesus saved me from my sins, I do believe that the Holy Spirit dwells within my heart.

It's just unless I have a gift or can see the gift I was given, then I just am not sure anyone has those gifts.

I'm skeptical because I dont see one in me.

I'm just being honest here.

Please dont beat me up for it.

I think people go around saying, God showed me this, and I dreamed that, and I spoke in another language of the angels, or I can tell you what that dream means etc way too much.

Can they all be true?

But 2 people dream opposite dreams and are both supposed to be prophetic?

I just dont know.

Someone convince me one way or the other.

I do believe Jesus saved me from my sins, I do believe that the Holy Spirit dwells within my heart.

Amen thats the important part, Honestly spiritual gifts are meant to edify that is their ownly purpose. Me I believe in spiritual gifts because the Night I was saved, Someone spoke in toungues, and it was interprited. and totaly lead me to the Lord. A week later I prayed for Toungues and recieved it, a month later someone had a prophecy came up to me crying in Church, saying she saw a vision, and she said she saw me in darkness, and described her vision, I didn't take it to heart, about a week later, I slipped and fell back into drugs, Got kicked out of my sisters house, and was partying, and hooked on various drugs living with a friend in imorality, then that vision she had hit me. For me, spiritual gifts really helped me since I first believed to now, Believing that Jesus saved you from your sins, and believing that the Holy Spirit dwells in my heart is enough, what did Jesus say abotu his sheep? My sheep hear my voice, they follow me, no one is able to snatch them from my hand. Well you know his voice, you know the word, and you try to follow him. Peace and blessings in Christ. If you doubt spiritual gifts pray about it. and stay strong in the Lord.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/04/1963

Or in other words, doesn't it make sense that Paul is speaking about the need for these particular spiritual gifts becoming non-existent when we are with the Lord? And in the even greater picture of what he was talking about (love), isn't it true that, that aspect of our being with God will not pass away? Context, context, context!

Admirable study, Peter. Keep going, I'm listening.

1st Corinthians 13:8-9

8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

Notice it says when that which is perfect has come, I believe that that is referring to Jesus Christ, his second coming. All spiritual gifts are used to edify, Now when we are made perfect in the Glory of Christ, in the end, what reason would we need to be edified? when we are made perfect. If you go back and read the whole chapter, the theme, is love, it's saying that even in heaven there is love, though everything on this earth will pass away, and out of everything love is the most important. One other thing, is that many claim that there is no devotional tongues, well what about this verse?

Man were you close!

You needed to go two more verses...

1 Corinthians 13:8-12 (English Standard Version)

8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

Here's why...

In verse 10 the word perfect is used.

5046 τέλειος [teleios /tel

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Amen, Peter! :emot-questioned:

amen, amen, praise the Lord, That was an amazing post Peter, that seriously touched my heart, The Lord is comming very soon, and I can't wait, it's going to be so amazing, and I fully agree with everything you said, it's insane how many prophecies are being fulfilled, Praise the Lord. And God bless you Peter, may the Lord use you in powerful ways.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Um, im w/u Josh. i believe the Fruits and Gifts of the Holy Spirit. I can't think of them off the top of my head, but they're there. I know they're in the Bible.

Anyone else willing to contradict me?

the Gifts are

Tongues,

Interpretation of tongues,

Prophecy,

Healing,

Miricles,

Faith,

Discernment,

Knowledge,

Wisdom.

these gifts were never removed. the Gift of Tongues being the first (thought to be the lowest gift) is what is used as a measure to see if a person has been baptized in the Holy Spirit.... this gift is still in force this day.

when praying in the Spirit, Tongues is a way for one persons spirit to be in tune with the Holy Spirit.

if we are to discount one gift, what keeps us from discounting others?

there are some that will say that Tongues and Interpretation are not for today...... well..... if these two are not for today, what about Prophecy?

if they are not for today, why are people praying for Healings? why are they for Miricles?????

being these too are gifts of the Spirit, different Gifts for different reasons, but from the same Spirit....

we can not pick and choose what we want to have in effect today....

some people will tell you that the gift of tongues is not for today, but then will become so legalistic, that there is not just one unforgiveable sin, but two or three or more........ they will not allowthe Spirit to work through other people as the Word of God said He would.... they do not want the Spirit of God to be poured out upon all flesh...... what flesh???? some flesh?????? NO........ ALL FLESH.........

what is said about the sons and daughters? and prophecying??

we can not discount what the Word of God has spoken to us.....

as with any gift though, we have choices to make......

if I offer you a birthday gift, you have the choice to accept it (which is the norm) or you can reject it... just like salvation.....

if you choose to accept it, you then have a choice to either open it or just put it away in the closet...... your choice.

if you choose to put it in the closet, you can, and you will still have it, but you will not know what is in it, or how you can use it.... your choice...... it will be there for as long as you keep it.....

if you open it ( which is the norm) you will find out what it is you actually received.... you can look at it, and touch it and hold it ...... you then have a choice to make.... do i use it? or do I put it on the shelf to look pretty and to show everyone what I have..... ( most people have placed their belief on the self for others to just look and and ooooohhhh and ahhhhhhh over..... showing off their faith with no real roots).... or, a person can take the gift and use it to its fullest... they can take it with them every where they go.... their choice......

we have the choice to receive, or reject the Holy Spirit..... the Holy Spirit is the same today as He was yesterday (or two thousand years ago) and will be the same tomorrow.......

we then have the choice to either put away, or use the Gifts the Holy Spirit has granted us..... most people choose to put them away and ignore them..... unless they are having problems, then want others that are using the Gifts to use the Gift on them to help them, but will not use the gift themsleves.....

they may even agree that the Gifts are a good thing, but refuse to use them......for what ever reason.....

even in the "Full Gospel Churches" the Gifts are set aside, people are afraid to use them so they retard their growth in the Spirit, and let others do the work.... ( full gospel churches, believe(supposidly) that every word of the Word of God is still intact and active this day and for ever more, until the end of the times (after the final judgement ).......

The Gifts are very much (all 9 of them) ALIVE THIS DAY.... and in use......

why are some praying for a healing, when they do not believe the Gifts of the Spirit are at work today????

that is goofy....

mike

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Amen, mike! :24::laugh::blink::24: