• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

That's my belief as well. :21:

What I think is most important for Christians, actually, is not so much the day of the week, but the act of setting aside a day for God. Whichever day it is, do it FOR GOD.

"One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living."

Romans 14:5 through Romans 14:9

Yep! :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Unfortunately we get tied up with the "rules" of a Sabbath, and forget what in reality IS indeed a very good idea, to take a day or some time period and remove ourselves from all commercial activity, meditating on the Lord, reading scripture and prayer. In our times and culture this could be very useful indeed. In the past my wife and I took a day, usually Sunday but only because we didn't have to work, and checked out for the day. We didn't drive, use any electricity (no TV internet, radio, lights ect), prepare food, cook, do anything, basically have an Amish day. It was wonderful. Since the kids this is harder and we have slacked off, but these threads have got me thinking about re-instituting it for our family.

Now I don't think this has anything to do with keeping the "Sabbath" in the OT, nor am I saying that it is even a religious or spiritual activity in anyway, it is just something which can be healthy and refocus our minds a little on what is really important in life.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

It is amazing how people stick to sunday as the day of Jesus' Resurrection.

1Cor.15 v 3 / 4 . . .Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures. Why does God put emphasis on this ? Because false teaching would take Jesus' death and resurrection AWAY FROM SCRIPTURE and thereby establish their own traditional sunday. According to scripture there is infallible proof that Jesus was not resurrected on sunday, that he was not crucified good-friday. Christianity is worshipping a false Christ, Jesus himself warned against.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

In my opinion and understanding of scripture, the sabbath is the rest that we enter into when we surrender our works and believe in and recieve the works that God has performed for us through Jesus. This is true rest and it is this sabbath that we must always keep.

To me and from my understanding of the scriptures, it is not the day that we worship or where, that is important, it Whom we worship. We are no longer under law, but under grace and it is because of this grace that we are able to enter into His Sabbath rest, through the finished work of Christ redemption through His death and resurrection.

In Jesus

kevin

1Cor.15 v 3 / 4 . . .Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures. Why does God put emphasis on this ? Because false teaching would take Jesus' death and resurrection AWAY FROM SCRIPTURE and thereby establish their own traditional sunday. According to scripture there is infallible proof that Jesus was not resurrected on sunday, that he was not crucified good-friday. Christianity is worshipping a false Christ, Jesus himself warned against.

What scriptures would point to any of that beta?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Messiah is the Sabbath, I don't keep Him, He keeps me.

Amen, Hallelujia, I'm glad at least one person on this board gets it.

It's all about Jesus, not a day of the week.

Who even "keeps" Sunday? What is that about?

Hebrews 4

Romans 14

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  06/05/1967

If you are trying to sow discord among the brethren..., you are doing a good job!! :whistling:

Keep up the good work :laughing:

You go girl, keep on judging another man servant... :laughing:

You pridefully boast of infallible proof according to scripture then let's see it..

From what I have been taught, the stone was moved in the third watch,according to Roman history, So if it is possible I will find infallible proof of that, if I can reach the preacher that preached it....

Meanwhile, I'll be waiting for your proof..FROM SCRIPTURE !!

Nana

Hi Cardcaptor,

I think the operative verses often used are in Hebrews 4. Plus Paul's instructions to not be judged over new moons or Sabbaths.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I choose to celebrate my assurance of salvation by honouring the Lord's day - the day that Jesus rose from the dead. I believe that we have stolen more from our Jewish brethren than is good for us and we should not steal their Rest Day as well. It was a gift that God gave to His people and I don't want to stand in between my in laws. :b::wub:

I often wonder if people believe that Sabbath means seven(th) That would explain much of the misunderstanding that occurs.

Now, I may choose to honour my Lord's resurrection but I also believe that people must needs do what feels "holy" to them. If you believe that Saturday should be made separate and apart - have at it.

I would like to comment on your post... Yes, God, our Lord and Savior, did give to His people a day of rest. And it's a beautiful thing that you want to honor the "Lord's Day". Please, keep this in mind.. and to the rest of the people in this discussion.

See, first off, we have to identify who the Lord of the Sabbath is in order to determine what the Sabbath is and when it is. Second, we have to understand how the Lord of the Sabbath views it. And Third, we need to honor His purposes for it, not ours.

(please forgive me for not listing the scriptures word by word and for not posting all my scripture references)

John 1:1 says clearly states that the Word was made (changed appearance of) flesh and that flesh was given a name and that name is Jesus. Jesus in God in carnate. So then He was the active roll when creation took place. Genisis 1. Everything was made by God, the heavens and the Earth and all within. Then the we go through the accound of all creation and finalizing creation with Adam and Eve. After that, on the 7th day, He rested. Keep in mind, He rested ONLY from creation. He was still sustaining all things by the power of His word (I think that's Col. 1:15-16??).

Jesus many times healed on the Sabath and worked on it (ministry and eating). Not to mention that He proclaimed that He was the fulfillment of the O.T. Also, he reminded everyone that His Father never rests. When Christ died, and then was ressurected, He FULFILLED the law. Which means, He IS the Law. It's all summed up in Him. God made all the days. Christ is the rest we need. It's in Him that we observe the Sabbath. When we restrict it to a specific day of the week, we're not accepting the fullness of His ressurection. However, it is completley healthy and good to have one day of the week to devote to God. Heck, you can even practice fasting this day if you want. But the point is, Jesus is our Sabbath. Anything other than that is legalistic.

Christians today celebrate on Sunday because that's the day Christ rose from the dead. So the were celebrating His resurrection and the resurrection that we have in Him. Christ freed us from the Law. We should not hold ourselves in boundage of it when Christ came to free us from it.

The question should be, "what is the proper way to observe the Sabbath?"

The answer to that question is, "in Christ"

But one may say, "Yeah, but what day"

The answer is, "The day that the Lord has made"

But one may say, "Which one?"

The answer is, "The one you're living in, you may not live to see another!"

The Sabbath is for man, not man for the Sabbath, and when we get into a way of thinking and Teaching that the right way to observe the Lord's day is on any particular day of the week over the other, we get way deep in trouble with legalism.

There's more to be said about this. You could easily study more by learning about the two covenants (new vs. old)

In other words, New Testament and Old Testament. I'm not suggesting that the old is no use, just suggesting studying what it means when the New Covenant comes. I use the Old Testament all the time for my sermons.

I hope this help and you've enjoyed!

God bless!

Jason

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

The question should be, "what is the proper way to observe the Sabbath?"