• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Good question roxette,

All mankind is doomed to eternal condemnation.

It pleased the Father to save some, it also pleased Him to condemn others, those who face eternal condemnation are like clay in His hands He will make them and shape them to fit His eternal purpose. This is seen in Yah Veh

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

I am reminded of the words of Jesus when he said that no man could take His life but that He layed it down willingly. And He could have called upon the angels of heaven to come down and deliver Him at any given moment. The sinful will of one man name Judas and the sin of coveteousness in his heart could not change the will of the Father in sending His only begotten Son into this world to die for the sins of mankind on the cross.

Judas's betrayal of our Lord never ever will change that whether it was "will" or "sin" which go hand in hand for sin comes from and act of one's will to choose it and then do it.

For on the very night of the betrayal Jesus knew beforehand what was going to happen and yet he would let Himself be taken and arrested willingly on that very night in order to fulfill the will of the Father that sent Him to be the sacrifice.

When one looks at what Jesus could have done then Judas pales into the background and one see's that Jesus willingly was in submission of His own accord and let it happen without the help of man being Judas's betrayal in this case. For mankind still does not have the power over Christ and never will.

OC

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Ah, Judas. He betrayed the Master with a Kiss. He most probably thought that by doing so, Jesus would resist and set up His kingdom at that time. Of course I am only assuming this was his intention. But that did not happen, Jesus opened not his mouth and was led like a sheep to the slaughter. And I still assume that upon seeing that Jesus did not resist, but went willingly, he was sorrowful for what he did and went and hung himself.

Jesus was about doing the Fathers will, Judas was about doing his own will.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

Was Judas' betrayal an obedient act of God's will? Jesus had already prophesied about it, so was it a will of God? If yes will Judas be forgiven for his betrayal?

Please shift this post to a relevant forum (I am not able to post anywhere else). Also please do reply to my other post at http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?showtopic=51675

Thanks

It was obvious sin because Jesus called him an apostle. Judas walked away from his destiny. Jesus cannot lie. That is like me for example: I am called to be an evangelist. Let's say that somewhere down the road I go back to drugs, break my marriage vows, kill someone, and blaspheme God. Was that God's will for me?? He knew I was going to do it. No, it was not His will for me. His will for me was to be an evangelist. I had free will to follow that will or not...I chose to go down my own path. Judas chose to go down his path..not the path God had created him to go down...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/06/1990

I don't mean to get off topic, but what about the antichrist? Will he have a will, or will he be destined to go against god? And about Judas, I'm still not shure if he was saved or not. Jesus called him a devil, but after he had given the Romans Jesus, he found out what he did was wrong. I'm not shure if it's in the bible or not, but if my memory is right, Judas was filled with sorrow, went to a tree, and hung himself. Was this the work of the holy ghost?

Edited by Deathstar 80

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

I don't mean to get off topic, but what about the antichrist? Will he have a will, or will he be destined to go against god? And about Judas, I'm still not shure if he was saved or not. Jesus called him a devil, but after he had given the Romans Jesus, he found out what he did was wrong. I'm not shure if it's in the bible or not, but if my memory is right, Judas was filled with sorrow, went to a tree, and hung himself. Was this the work of the holy ghost?

Well if you want to use the fact that Jesus called Judas a devil, what about Peter?? You see, your argument does not hold up because Jesus said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan." Yet it was upon Peter's confession of faith that the church is built upon. oh and the holy ghost leading someone to commit suicide?? Please, you are there saying that the Holy Spirit is leading someone to sin. You are also saying that by saying that Judas was meant to betray Jesus. You are right, though. Judas' suicide is in Acts 1.

Sorry that I misworded that, but what I was wondering was if that Judas realized what he had done was wrong because of the holy spirit. I know that the holy spirit wouldn't lead anyone to sin. (And I admit, I should be more aware of what I type)

Another question that I have is that was told that if you killed yourself that you wouldn't go to heaven. Is this true? And what about the Antichrist? (I'm a young christian, so I'm not too shure about these questions)

Edited by Deathstar 80

• 3 months later...

Look what god showed me while I was reading the bible!! I seriously think it's a possibility god wanted me to tell you this.

While I was with (the disciples) in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

John 17 : 12

...and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. Jesus said himself that Judas was lost, but only so the scripture would be fulfilled.