• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/05/1967

There is no proof that God bound the Sabbath on men from creation. Moses, does not mention in any passage,that Abraham kept the Sabbath.

Ezek. 20:10-12 says that God gave Israel,(One Nation, not all or 'Many'), the Sabbath as a sign between Him and them,when He lead the out of Egypt.

Duet. 5:15 says it was a memorial of that event.

Infact, Abraham was not even Jewish...

The Sabbath was given to the Jews 430 yrs. after the Promise was given to Abraham.

And again,nowhere does it show Abraham keeping Sabbath.

When he received the promise,he was not circumcised or obedient to the mosaic law. (Roman 4;Gal. 3)

Jesus,was the fulfillment of the promise (seed) given to Abraham,the Law cannot disannual the promise.

Jesus said, the Will of His Father was to believe on the Son..John 6:40

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

The Sabbath was a Jewish observance. Christians are not obliged to follow it.

The early church met on "the first day of the week", Sunday. :emot-fail: It was never intended to be a "Christian Sabbath.

Steve

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Isaiah 56

Salvation for the Gentiles

"Keep justice, and do righteousness, For my salvation is about to come, And My righteousness is to be revealed.

Blessed is the man who does this, and the son of man who lays hold on it; Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath, and keeps his hand from doing any evil."

Do not let the son of the foreigner(Gentile) Who has Joined himself to the Lord speak, saying ""The Lord has utterly seperated me from His people(Israel); Nor let the eunuch say , "Here I am a dry tree,"

For thus says the Lord:

"To the eunuch who keep my Sabbaths, and choose what pleases Me, and hold fast to my covenant, Even to them I will give in My house and within My walls a place and a name Better than that of sons and daughters;

I will give them an Everlasting Name that shall not be cut off.

"Also the sons of the foreigner(Gentiles) Who join themselves to the Lord to serve Him, and to love the Name of the Lord, to be His servants-

EVERYONE who keeps from defiling the Sabbath, and holds fast my covenant- Even them I will bring to My Holy mountain And make them joyful in my house of prayer.

Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be accepted on my alter;

For My house shall be called a house of prayer for ALL Nations."

The Lord God who gathers the outcasts of Israel says.

"Yet I will gather to him OTHERS besides those who are gathered to him"

The others, the foreigners, the eunuchs (Gentiles) spoken of here in this chapter Jesus spoke of in John 10:16. But notice what Yahweh God says about these Gentiles, those who do not defile the Sabbath/Sabbaths and would be given a better name than the sons and daughters .

The Sabbath day is still the Sabbath day. No man can change it, And God has not changed it.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Great post Yahsway !

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

As a free moral agent we can believe and worship as we like. But, there is no getting away from the fact that God foretold in prophecy that He would do away with the sabbaths, and feast days: "It was fortold that the sabbath would be abolished because it had become something to be abhorred by God The reason God hated it was because of the sins and hypocrisy of Israel in keeping the sabbath which was a "sign" between Him and Israel. "I will cause her mirth to cease, her feast days, her new moons, AND HER SABBATHS, and all her solomn feasts" (Hosea 2:11).

"Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto Me; the new moons and SABBATHS, the calling of assemblies, I CANNOT AWAY WITH; it is an iniquity, even the solomn meeting. Your new moons and your appointed feasts MY SOUL HATETH; they are a troubleunto me; I AM WEARY TO BEAR THEM (Isiah 1:10-15).

Also, Hosea 2:11; Galatians 4:9-10; Colossians 2:14-17; Romans 14:5-6.

I saying this Jesus finished sabbath observance. Jesus Christ finished His redemptive work and completed His victory over death, Hell, and the grave at the close of the seventh day sabbath of the old law and He rested on the first day. The first day of the greatest victory for God and the universe. It was the great day of triumph over sin, satan, death, and Hell. It was the day of joy and praise because of the resurrection, which guarentees the salvation and eternal life of all men who believe (1 Cor. 15; Rom. 4:25; 5:10; John 14:19; 1 Pet. 1:3; 3:2).

It was on the first day of the week that Christ met with His disciples. Exactly one week later on the second first day of the week He again met with them (John 20:19, 26). This was no mere accident. The Lord wanted to sanction that day as the one to be observed from that time on.

Christians are free to celebrate on any day they choose. Many prefer to worship as did Jesus and the apostles.

Scripture states that the sabbath can be celebrated on any day one chooses. The New Testament does not command men to keep any particular sabbath. On the contrary it teaches that men can choose which day if any that he wants to keep unto the Lord (Read Romans 14:5-6; Gal. 4:9-10; Col. 2:14-17).

Conserning meats and sabbath days: "One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. LET EVERY MAN BE FULLY PERSUADED IN HIS OWN MIND. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day doth not regard it. . . . But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at naught thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. . . . So then every one of us shall give account of Himself to God. LET US NOT THEREFORE JUDGE ONE ANOTHER ANY MORE" (Rom. 14:1-13; Gal. 4:9-11; Col.2:14-17).

If the law of Moses, including the fourth commandment, was in force in the New Covenant the above statements would have never been written by Paul. Each Christian can do as he pleases concerning the sabbath and he is not to be judged by his brother "any more."

The apostles here did away with all keeping of the law, sabbath keeping and cricumcision and stated in no uncertain terms that Gentiles were not to keep the Old Law of Moses which included the Old Jewish sabbath.

Included in this apostolic decree that Christians are not to keep the law in any detail was the very sign of law keeping which was abolished------circumcision. Even those who keep the Lewish sabbath do not practice this, thus proving again their inconsistency in requiring men to keep the law they themselves do not keep (Ex. 12"44-48; Lev. 12:3; John 7:22-23).

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Amen to that. :thumbsup:

I personally think that as long as you spend time with the Lord, and acknowledge that "The Lord brings us to pastures new" in that we may rest in Him, and be comforted, a Sabbath isn't required. I do go to Church on Sundays, not as obligation but because I love it.

And as that's my personal thoughts in a nutshell, I wouldn't wish to push those upon you, my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

May God bless you.

-Max

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I agree. I think we should be in constant place of worship. I have a friend who is a Seventh Day Adventist who believes those who go to church on Sunday that God is going to call down the thunder on us. Like you I think it's in the old covenant. I really believe He looks on the heart on the day of our worship.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I have a friend who is a Seventh Day Adventist who believes those who go to church on Sunday that God is going to call down the thunder on us.

hahahaha! I understand why your friend thinks in this way, however he is misinformed on the Sabbath issue.

I cannot speak for all Sabbath keepers, however I believe most believe that the 10 Commandments are still binding upon all men which includes the Sabbath.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I think that it's more important that you set aside a day for God, not which day of the week it is.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I think that it's more important that you set aside a day for God, not which day of the week it is.

That sounds pretty logical, but then if we look at the 10 commandments in this light then why can't one say..."Well, it doesn't matter which god you serve as long as serve a god."

God does give us certain freedoms on how we want to do certain things, however, I believe the Sabbath is not one of them.