IGNORED

"Advice to Christians Who Must Deal with Evolutionists"

Advice to Christians Who Must Deal with Evolutionists

Author: Doug Sharp

http://www.rae.org/advice.html

Note:

Dear Beloved, I have not yet received permission to post a few copies of this essay.

Because this is, I believe, a Jesus driven piece of Godly counsel for all of us, I will post a few links.

This article contains many useful links as well as Godly advice intended to Honor Jesus.

In His Service

For His Glory

By His Spirit

This is a losing fight. Creation is just another distraction from what we need to be know.

What is the point of argueing this at all? :verkle:

If we won every debate with the non-believer about creation, abortion, politics, science, culture, holidays, or a hundred other topics what has really been accomplished?

Answer: Not a dang thang.

How many people come to faith by losing an arguement? Surely there must have been some in the long history of the world...but I don't know of any.

The only question that matters is "Who do you say Jesus is?" The sooner you get to this question, the better everyone will be.

I refuse to be sidetracked with any other vain minutia. If we open our ears to the lost, we will hear that they have serious issues and mostly just need a friend who will listen. These "other" topics are distractions where your love and patience are being tested. Can you hear them crying for attention? Looking for hope? Begging for help? With all the problems of today, why would it be relevant to where they are now if they don't know the Lord?

Don't get sucked into the vortex of argueing a supernatural God through natural means. Jesus spoke to audiences who thought the world was flat and never spent one sentence informing their scientific lack.

The natural can not receive the things of the spirit...so speak to their spirit and let the Holy Spirit do the work.

You Go Bro! :verkle:

Your helpful thoughts are reflected throughout most of Doug's essay.

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

PS: The debates do simmer and boil at Worthy. I totally agree Brother yod, it is needful to Christ-Center all communication at Worthy! All Glory to God!

May we post In His Service, For His Glory and By His Spirit.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

"We as creationists shouldn't expect evolutionists to embrace us with outstretched arms when we boldly share our beliefs. It shouldn't surprise us when court decisions don't go our way, or when creationists are the target of censorship, ridicule, and persecution.

I don't have any problem with that statement, except that such a person will never be any help to an unbeliever who normally uses evolution as an excuse for his unbelief. "

I do'nt agree with debating, even though I end up doing such all the time, becuase it gets no where. However, I see this site kinda like I see sites that might be entitled "How to witness to a Mormon". This is a site that seems to be saying, "Hey, look... you don't have to get all weak at knees when talking to someone who believes in this... you know what the bible says and you know this stuff isn't true.... go and tell them about the gospel". That is literally how I see this site because they seem to be saying not only that we shoudln't back down, but that they don't agree with something becuase it closes a door of opportunity to witness to someone.

By the way... this right here is great:

DEVELOPING A METHOD OF STUDY

If a Christian student is going to succeed in his study of science, he needs to maintain a positive attitude. The best way to do this is to pray for a godly perspective on all of his studies, seeking to find evidence for God in everything he observes.

I am sitting through Biology right now (wonderful IB programme biology) and we are doing evolution. In fact, right now.. we are doing human evolution and I shoudl be failing... I do'nt think I've ever died this much in a class in my life... sitting through an hour and a half video on it while my teacher was gone drove me absolutely nuts abotu how we came from apes and these are the different stages... talking about brain size, quadrapedalism vs bipedalism (going from walking on four feet to two)... and all this "wonderful" stuff... taking tests I basically fail lol I realy should have no hair left whatsoever becuae I hate this topic SOOO much .. my teacher believes in Creation and Evolution... although it makes NO SENSE... that is what she believes in... This site, from what i can see so far (only skimmed, gotta get going to school) is a really big help...

"We ARE making an impact. The creation issue will not go away just because laws may be passed against it, or the schools don't teach it. God is on the throne, His truth will remain and His purpose will be carried out. The reason we are encountering so much opposition is because evolution is the last excuse unbelievers think they have. Let us not shirk our responsibility to remove that excuse, then gently encourage them to receive our Lord. "

I say this website is a call to stand up for what is right... doesn't mean shove it down their throats.. but be an example by not backing down!

Thank you so much bro!!!!!!

With love in Christ Jesus,

Crystal

Amen Sister, Amen!

Doug is a brother who comes alongside and gives us Godly advise as we deal with this life destroying lie.

Christians in today's science classes are under attack and need all the support, love and prayers we can muster up for them and for their witness.

Brother yod is another.

Brother yod said "The natural can not receive the things of the spirit...so speak to their spirit and let the Holy Spirit do the work."

Amen! Amen! Amen!

It's Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

Jesus Christ and Him Crucified! All else is wind!

Oh Yeah!

Merry Christmas! :whistling:

Permission To Post Received From RAE Organization.

If you find this article encouraging and useful, please go to their website and thank them. Let them know you are a member of their Christian Family at Worthy http://www.worthyboards.com/ !

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

From http://www.rae.org/advice.html

Advice to Christians Who Must Deal with Evolutionists

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: Doug Sharp

Subject: Philosophy

Date:

Essays by Author

Essays by Subject

Shopping Cart

We as creationists shouldn't expect evolutionists to embrace us with outstretched arms when we boldly share our beliefs. It shouldn't surprise us when court decisions don't go our way, or when creationists are the target of censorship, ridicule, and persecution.

I thank God and count it all in joy when we get to endure a little persecution! It means that we are starting to do our job and make an impact.

When we put on the whole armor of God, persecution, criticism and trouble cannot affect us. We must remember that our battle is not with the evolutionist; it is with spiritual forces of darkness and principalities who are deceiving their minds. It is there, through prayer and spiritual warfare, that the battle will be won.

Many Christians have the tendency to ignore this spiritual battle or to be intimidated by it. NO. Let's jump right into the battle and be bold for our faith. Satan is a liar and a pip- squeak. We cannot let him continue to dominate scientific thinking and remain unchallenged.

Why should Christians fold up and compromise under pressure? The scientific facts are on the side of creation! There is plenty of information now available for us to use; why aren't more Christians strongly proclaiming creationism?

We need to understand that we cannot wage a spiritual battle by reasoning and debate. Timothy was advised to avoid "profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called." (I Timothy 6:20). Christians who try to do battle on the evolutionist's terms often become frustrated. We should instead recognize evolutionary bias for what it is: intimidation, deception, sleight

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  710
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/16/1984

I have to admit, this thread....irks me. As a Theistic Evolutionist/Old Earth Creationist, I find myself rather frustrated by the obsession some people have with debunking Evolution. People who claim Evolution as a reason for not believing are the result reof people who insist that Evolution and Christianity cannot co-exist. Say you believe in YEC and give your reasons, , that's cool with me, but by claiming that the two cannot co-exist, you are doing more harm than good. Belief in Evolution should not be an obstacle to belief, and anybody who claims it to be so is either not being honest with themselves, or have fallen prey to the false dichotomy of Christianity vs. Evolution

As for this article, it could be easily torn apart. Post it in the Faith vs. Science section, see what happens with that.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/26/1950

My sister sent me a couple of books for Christmas that take the evolutionary view point, which surprised me because she knows I'm a creationist. We're both Christians. Love is more important than getting all our thinking right, but I know that when I became a creationist I found that my prayers were answered a lot more often. Can anyone explain that?

The Institute for Creation Research has some excellent books and research articles. The more you know, the wiser you can be on the subject.

This is posted as a resource only.

I agree! It might be better put to use in the home schooling thread but I thought adults might find it a help! Especially adults attending College!

I'm College educated and have believed at one time or another just about every theory science and pseudo-science has put forth.

Now that I'm older, I have watched man's so called "scientific" understanding change and shift and twist and change again as better tools correct mankinds poor vision and as outright frauds are exposed and as one smart-Alix wise-guy strives to show up another wise-guy!

But, The Word of God stands firm.

I now read and believe The Word literally unless I'm compelled by The Word to do otherwise.

{{{ I have to admit, this thread....irks me. As a Theistic Evolutionist/Old Earth Creationist }}} :thumbsup:

I ask your forgiveness. I did not intend to irk you!

And, it does not irk me that you and I have a major difference in our reading and understanding of Genesis Chapter One.

The same Holy Spirit that so patiently teaches me, teaches you.

The same God that loves me, loves you.

Yod is correct!

For discussions of eternal importance, there is only one real question.....

"What think ye of Christ?" (Matthew 22:42)

Love, Joe

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  710
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/16/1984

I ask your forgiveness. I did not intend to irk you!

I know :b: