• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Great post lovelybones! I agree with you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

My favorite garments to wear are the ones my savior washed in his blood and gave to me white as snow.

Try to wear these every day. When Im wearing those it does not matter what outer clothing myself or others are wearing to church.

:noidea: Ronda

Well said :huh:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/20/1961

My favorite garments to wear are the ones my savior washed in his blood and gave to me white as snow.

Try to wear these every day. When Im wearing those it does not matter what outer clothing myself or others are wearing to church.

:24: Ronda

Good going!!!!! :huh::noidea::24:

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

The Holy Bible, New International Version

1My brothers, as believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ, don

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Amazing how scripture isn't being addressed:

1 Timothy 2:9-10 - Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.

James 2: 2-4 - For if a man comes into your assembly with a gold ring and dressed in fine clothes, and there also comes in a poor man in dirty clothes, and you pay special attention to the one who is wearing the fine clothes, and say, "You sit here in a good place," and you say to the poor man, "You stand over there, or sit down by my footstool," have you not made distinctions among yourselves, and become judges with evil motives?

Now, find me a verse that says we are to "dress for respect" when we gather together.

Nobody said we should wear designer clothes, just simply put forth an effort out of respect.

Where is your scripture? That was my request. Likewise, if you say "we need to respect God when we go to Church," then you need to establish a few things:

1) Where scripture equates dressing nice to respect

2) Where in scripture it says God is worthy of respect in our dress only on Sunday and not any other days of the week

I mean, do we worship God one day a week or 24/7? If 24/7, and your argument is we should dress out of respect, how are we not disrespecting Him when we shower?

This certainly has been ignored. Hmmmmm

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Amazing how scripture isn't being addressed:

1 Timothy 2:9-10 - Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.

James 2: 2-4 - For if a man comes into your assembly with a gold ring and dressed in fine clothes, and there also comes in a poor man in dirty clothes, and you pay special attention to the one who is wearing the fine clothes, and say, "You sit here in a good place," and you say to the poor man, "You stand over there, or sit down by my footstool," have you not made distinctions among yourselves, and become judges with evil motives?

Now, find me a verse that says we are to "dress for respect" when we gather together.

Nobody said we should wear designer clothes, just simply put forth an effort out of respect.

Where is your scripture? That was my request. Likewise, if you say "we need to respect God when we go to Church," then you need to establish a few things:

1) Where scripture equates dressing nice to respect

2) Where in scripture it says God is worthy of respect in our dress only on Sunday and not any other days of the week

I mean, do we worship God one day a week or 24/7? If 24/7, and your argument is we should dress out of respect, how are we not disrespecting Him when we shower?

This certainly has been ignored. Hmmmmm

There are many things we do that aren't in Scripture. The Bible doesn't say we should drive cars, but we do. It doesn't say we should use twist offs but we do. My point is this, and I think it is Emily Anne's, too: we should do our best, be our best and wear our best when we are doing something for the Lord. We come into His House, "Just As I Am" is a hymn, not a proverb. I see people in here, for argument's sake I am sure, love to quote the James passage and the poor dude coming to church. The OP has nothing to do with that situation. If you are poor and distitute, then dress like that. If you have a job and a decent income, then dress like that. Jesus was not destitute so I doubt He dressed like one who was. We may love the poor, but that doesn't mean we should wear clothes with holes in them when we have a good pair of pants hanging right next to them. What we wear is a reflection of what our beliefs are. If we truly believe we are meeting with the King of our hearts, we should act appropriately, be on time and dress appropriately.

The comment about respecting G-d in the shower is dopey. It has to do with societal norms and approtiatness of behavior. Otherwise, I am with the naked guy; that's far more comfortable than dresses, hose, heals and bras.

Em, you are a little rascal, aren't you? :24:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

We don't need scripture to equate dressing nice to showing respect. Common sense should make that know to us. As I said in another post, if I were going to meet with a dignitary, out of respect, common sense would tell me I should wear my best.

Well, that does bring us to another issue.

Some people do not "dress for respect." Seriously!

Some people may dress up for an occassion because "they have to" and could care less about "showing respect" (or at least it isn't in their thinking).

Really.

I state again, the Lord is more concerned with our inward appearance than our outward. To some, the outward is their reflection of their inner; to others it is not. Should we despise each other for the other's conviction?

Guest shiloh357

How we present and carry ourselves says alot about us, and in many cases, it tells people how we feel about them. If a single guy or girl shows up on a date looking like they just got done mowing the yard, how does it make the other person feel? Do they feel like they are important to the other person? How much more so, should we show the Lord how important He trully is to us?

The adage "it's just what is in the heart that matters" is false. It is not just what is in the heart that matters. That philosophy does not work in our relationships with eath other, and I dont' see why anyone thinks that they can treat the Lord that way.

You may not be able to dress to the nines like someone else, but the Lord deserves your best, whatever that ends up being. I posted in an earlier, last night that He demands our best. He is not satisfied with anything less, in any area of our lives.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/30/1979

We have been discussing this on Wed night about how the church has adapted to the worlds system and that we need to be right w/God,dress right and such. Thats why people won't come to church now because the church has almost made it like you have to be perfect to walk in the those doors or they will look down on you. I believe you should wear (as long as its descent and clean)what you want you. You are not there to impress anyone and basically thats whats being done in church because you wear nice things because people will talk about you if you don't.

Guest shiloh357

People will complain if you dress nice, or if you don't. People will think what they think, and there is nothing you can do about that. That should not stop anyone from looking their personal best when going to before the Lord. In fact, the Lord deserves it. If it is done for the Lord, then it doesn't matter what anyone thinks or doesn't think.