• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

We have several "support" type threads and it seems that this is one that is much needed. This thread will be to help us lift up one another and encourage one another when the going gets rough and the "how could you's" start happening.

Father, in the name of Jesus, please bless each and every one of us through these difficult times. Give us strength to walk this lonesome road and please be by our side. We thank You and we love You. Amen.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have several "support" type threads and it seems that this is one that is much needed. This thread will be to help us lift up one another and encourage one another when the going gets rough and the "how could you's" start happening.

Father, in the name of Jesus, please bless each and every one of us through these difficult times. Give us strength to walk this lonesome road and please be by our side. We thank You and we love You. Amen.

Ronald, I am praying for your family, and have a good idea of what you are going through, having been through it myself, and for the same reason. Keep your face before God, and He will make gold of it, which ever way it goes, yet expecting, that God, can change hearts.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

I would have to agree with Ronald.....

instead of just pinning a single thread, maybe start a section for support of various types....

mike

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Hey...

Thought I would start this for those of us who are going through the painful trial of divorce, those who want to help and those who might consider it. There's a lot of us out there and we need help.

I know that I, as a woman, have special problems with this subject. I said I would never get a divorce, yet here I am going through it. Some have gone through several. Others, like me, this is their "first and last" time.

Here we try and help others that are going through it if they need support. If you want to rant, rave, scream, yell, pray, consider others' words, or just find the strength to support another as they go through the stages of divorce, you are welcome here. No condemnation, however. This is not a place to talk about the doctrinal differences of divorce. If you want to discuss that, go to the Doctrinal Issues forum.

This thread will stay here to encourage and help. I hope it gets pinned and stays around for a while.

God bless you.

Anita & Chikachu

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/06/1951

Anita,

I went through that 36 years ago...the pain is gone but there is still memory. I think the key word in all of it is "through"...the Lord will take you through and there IS life after divorce. !

A friend shared this with me "The Lord's hand is small enough for us to take hold of ...yet large enough for us to rest in"

Times like these we need to do both.

Im praying for you! :laugh:

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Anita,

I went through that 36 years ago...the pain is gone but there is still memory. I think the key word in all of it is "through"...the Lord will take you through and there IS life after divorce. !

A friend shared this with me "The Lord's hand is small enough for us to take hold of ...yet large enough for us to rest in"

Times like these we need to do both.

Im praying for you! :laugh:

Well, that gives me hope, Treasured. It's posts like this one that we need in this area just for the encouragement.

Anita & Chikachu

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

My sister went through divorce two years ago. She went to christian counseling and took her children to counseling because there behaviors were changing dramatically. They are doing better now as well as children do but they had a lot of major melt downs. I never really understood till I saw them break down when were at the beach and mom wanted to go for walk and the children did not want her to go because they did not know if she would come back. WOW! what a scary thought for a child to have to go through. I'm thankful for Christian Counselors who can help deal with these situations. Some her children thought that divorce was there fault but the counselor was able to help them see past that to some degree. The hardest part for me now is just to talk nice in front of the children about there dad who left them for another women and is now remarried. Divorce, I wonder if anyone has studies on how divorce has effected the extended family?

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Thanks for pinning this!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/20/1959

I went through something simialr about 14 years ago. I will pray for all involved Ronald.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Saints,

Anitarose had started a similar support thread in another forum. I merged the 2 together here.