• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1956

If some of you remember we had a small stove fire in our 30 year old mobile home.

We have our land for sale for $235,000.00 commerical. since we have no idea when this sell.we had decide to get a doublewide and when the land sells buy some more land and move the doublewide.

yesterday,the saleman told us it would be $700.00 a month for 30 years.this would put us paying $250,000.00 for a $55,000.00 home.we can proably make the payments okay until the land sells......but........... if something would happen to me or my husband we would not.....I am 50 years old and he is 46. the land is being used as a lien....

I don't want to do this at this price.....I think we should just hang and wait for the land to sell......and pray that the Lord protects us,against a further fire..this area is growing by leaps and bounds they just built a kroger(grocery store) behind us and the area across the street is all commerical and they built a do;lar general across the street about 2 months ago.

so what ya'll think.......should we go for and pray for the best or wait and get the best,cause then we could pay cash and not have any payments?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,582
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  1

I would wait. The pay off on the doublewide is way too much. Perhaps you could look into a used mobile home for now. Once your land sells then you will be able buy a house that will increase in value and give you equity in which to borrow against if you ever need to.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  198
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

No Deal

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Absolutely not!

You guys should rent a place until your land sells, then buy the home you want in the location you want. That way your land is not at risk.

I don't know who this guy is who is offering you that rip-off deal, but somebody needs to punch him in the nose!!!!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/13/1942

no deal

Guest stevej

I am by no means a financial wizard, howevr, my stepfather always said to pay cash for what you really want. It does not make sense to indebt yourself and have a house sitting empty losing value. That's my 2 cents worth.

Edit: Will be praying the Lord leads you in the right direction!

• Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/18/1956

we decided to not get the doublewide and just try to patch this old trailer up..we prayed God's will and I believe this is the right thing to do.Now agasin we pray his will that this land sells quickly//

bless you all

cheryle