• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Alive yes. However, in terms of when a baby gets a soul, no one really knows but God. My point is that while I think that most everyone is in agreement that a fetus viable outside the womb is fully human and thus has a soul, I think that saying a handful of cells having a soul would be a pretty minority view in Christianity. I am just saying, its a complicated subject, a lot of grey than black and white.

The other way of looking at it, is that does a handful of cells in a petri dish have the same rights and deserve the same level of protection in our society that a new born baby does?

Well, what is it til it becomes a human life--a cabbage? Why does it have to have a soul before it becomes a human life? Have you checked your signature lately? "You don't have a soul, you are a soul." This is true. You also called it a baby before it gets a soul in your post.

And yes, that handful of cells in the petri dish does have the same rights.

Forrest??

I don't think we are going to agree, because I don't think a handful of cells in a petri dish is the same thing as a new born baby. Its a possible future human life, but not a human yet. That would be basic biology there.

OK, but what about your signature, and you are saying a baby gets a soul in your previous post?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

:emot-handshake:

Glad I'm not American!

I don't think I'd like to vote for any of the new candidates myself.

Personally, I think I'd prefer Bush to stay in office for a while longer.

Ron Paul would be a good choice...

:emot-handshake:

Glad I'm not American!

The nice thing about how it works for the PM in the UK is that you are pretty much guaranteed to get one who can string a coherent sentence together unscripted.

Yeah, but sometimes what they say is spooky.....

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

Souls are created by two coming together and joining as one and conception taking place. A part of each persons soul comes together as one and creates a new individual being.

This part of your post is pure heresy. You are implying that humans create souls. Our soul's our a product of God, not of our parents.

I am not implying. I am stating that is where souls come from.

Souls are not spirits.

Soul basically is our mind, emotions, memories, things we learn, life.

Spirit is christ living in us. were born spiritually dead.

The "soul" and the "spirit" are similar in the manner in which they are used in the spiritual life of the believer. They are different in their reference. The "soul" is man's horizontal view with the world. The "spirit" is man's vertical view with God. It is important to understand that both refer to the immaterial part of man, but only the "spirit" refers to the man's walk with God. The "soul" refers to man's walk in the world, both material and immaterial.

Ecclesiastes 12:7

And the dust returns to the earth as it once was, and the life breath returns to God who gave it.

Breath of life is our spirit of which is only given to those who are saved. IF you die in unbelief, your body turns to dust, your soul goes to hell.

If you die in christ, your spirit and soul will go to heaven.

Look at it this way, your body is a glass a container. Your soul is water. The spirit is wine. IF you take 1 ounch of red wine and pour into water, you will see it permeate every molecule of that water turning it all red. THus its becomes the water.

The soul is that water. By itself it is just water or in our case sin. Christ or the wine, enters our life and takes over our soul and mixes with it and permeates every part of our soul. Thus integrating it.

Heresy? Not at all. No where even near it

This really needs a topic of its own. I understand the difference between ones soul and their spirit. However, this whole soul being a product of the parents thing is nothing but a philosophy, there is nothing in scripture that I can think of that would indicate that is the case. It seems that you are arguing a variation of the doctrine of the Traducianism. Where I am arguing a creationist view as to the origin of the soul.

:)

Glad I'm not American!

The nice thing about how it works for the PM in the UK is that you are pretty much guaranteed to get one who can string a coherent sentence together unscripted.

That may be so. Tony Blair may be articulate, but has he got our best interests at heart?

White man speak with forked tongue :thumbsup::emot-handshake:

:o what politition doesn't???

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

This really needs a topic of its own. I understand the difference between ones soul and their spirit. However, this whole soul being a product of the parents thing is nothing but a philosophy, there is nothing in scripture that I can think of that would indicate that is the case. It seems that you are arguing a variation of the doctrine of the Traducianism. Where I am arguing a creationist view as to the origin of the soul.

Ohhh? when did creationist view hold to the belief that no soul exists until birth?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

Ohhh? when did creationist view hold to the belief that no soul exists until birth?

The creationist view is the view of the majority of Christian denominations. It holds that each soul is directly created by God either at the moment of conception, or some later time between conception and birth.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  482
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

No, Hillary is not a Wiccan, she is Christian, and if anybody was wondering, it is not a sin to vote for/support the Democrats. Niether party is perfect, and I'll be glad to to point that out any anybody disagrees with the former.

Try to talk honestly and civilly about this people, not spew slanderous trash.

LOL :thumbsup::24::24::24:

Your right no party is perfect. but republicians tend not to support killing baby's and support Homosexuality (which is a sin)

What does that one verse say? O yeah "faith without works is dead" there no way you can call her a christian.

If you want to make it law the Gays can't marry, then that would be a violation of the first amendment. In a government where there is to be no bias towards or for any religion, that violates the consitution. If you want to go set up a theocracy and institute the Bible as law, go ahead and do so, but North American nations in general oppose that sort of thing.

I believe that once a fetus can think, feel, and survive on its own, abortion should at least try to be avoided, except in life threatening situations or cases of rape/incest.

Simply saying killing babies is inflammatory and innaccurate. Please define "baby" in your terms.

Last, I believe there is one being that knows who and who is not Christian. That is God. You are not God. You do not have the authourity to judge whether she is Christian, as only God knows her heart, not you.

I'm pretty sure there are Republicans out there that are far worse than Hillary.

Now you are assumeing I care what the first ammendment says I support God before the ammendment.

"ye shall know each other by your fruits"

I can tell if someone where someone is in their sipritual life by their fruit.

What you are saying is practically this " Hey im a christian, *watch beeps* Time to go on that killing spree"

Would this person be a christian? you answer me

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  482
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

The creationist view is the view of the majority of Christian denominations. It holds that each soul is directly created by God either at the moment of conception, or some later time between conception and birth.

what does this mean forrest??

Jeremiah 1:5

KJV: Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

Where does it support that it is God that creates the soul and puts it into the child?