• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

I really have to share what God did when i prayed for my enemy. :mgcheerful:

Four years ago a new group leader came to my shift and my time at work became very difficult (miserable is probably a more accurate term). This woman really seemed to hate me( i have no idea why) and went out of her way to make my work harder and my life there more difficult. From what little i talked to her she had said she was a backslidden Christian and i tried to show her the respect that she deserved in her new position while others ridiculed her. Things got tough really tough. I clung to the Psalms for help and hope especially those calling upon God to rescue them from their enemies. She truly had become an enemy. I prayed for protection daily and also prayed for her ( the heaping coals- go get her God prayer) wanting to be safe at work and to see her " punished" for her actions.

What happened? God touched my heart and told me to pray, really pray for her (not heaping coals) and i did so out of obedience at first with prayers like " Lord i am praying for ____ please touch her heart and bring her back to you. My heart is not in this prayer Lord but i ask that You bless her anyway and change my heart."

During this time she had set a trap to have me fired. The Lord warned me about it and i was able to avoid what she had planned. Instead she got caught in her own trap and i was asked by our department supervisor what her "punishment" should be (ie having her fired etc.) The Lord told me to show her mercy so i did and suggested just a counseling session be required.

Then He changed my heart and i really started praying for her with love. Slowly i started to see the Lord change her. She calmed down at work started bringing in her Bible and spent her break times reading it. I could see her faith was being restored by the Lord. After two years we were becoming friendly. Last year we became friends. She became a strong Christian, one who's conversation i enjoy.

This friday i got to see God's plan for her more fully.She has witnessed to everyone at work and began having impromptu Bible studies in her office for anyone who is interested on her break time. One person has already accepted the Lord through her witnessing and she is giving Bibles to anyone who is remotely interested. The Spirit of the Lord was so strong there Friday night i almost cried for joy. What a change in just four short years. She is breaking down strongholds at work Hallelujah!

The biggest change however and the biggest miracle is how God changed my heart. From wanting to see my "justice" done to wanting to see His mercy. God had taught me through this what it really means to pray for your enemies. Even your if enemies may not change when you pray for them the you do. You become closer to His heart. :emot-heartbeat:

Praise You Jesus keep growing my heart to Your will and Your love. We serve an awesome God! Had to share this it is too wonderful to not share. :th_praying:

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

That is a great encouragement. :emot-heartbeat:

Thanks for sharing!

To God be the glory!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,634
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  01/18/1961

Amen! What a Awesome Testimony!!... Thank You Jesus! :emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

That's a wonderful testimony and an encouragement to me too as there's someone like this that I am praying for (because otherwise I would hate them and find it hard to forgive!)

Thank you so much for sharing.

Guest Juliana
I really have to share what God did when i prayed for my enemy. :b:

Four years ago a new group leader came to my shift and my time at work became very difficult (miserable is probably a more accurate term). This woman really seemed to hate me( i have no idea why) and went out of her way to make my work harder and my life there more difficult. From what little i talked to her she had said she was a backslidden Christian and i tried to show her the respect that she deserved in her new position while others ridiculed her. Things got tough really tough. I clung to the Psalms for help and hope especially those calling upon God to rescue them from their enemies. She truly had become an enemy. I prayed for protection daily and also prayed for her ( the heaping coals- go get her God prayer) wanting to be safe at work and to see her " punished" for her actions.

What happened? God touched my heart and told me to pray, really pray for her (not heaping coals) and i did so out of obedience at first with prayers like " Lord i am praying for ____ please touch her heart and bring her back to you. My heart is not in this prayer Lord but i ask that You bless her anyway and change my heart."

During this time she had set a trap to have me fired. The Lord warned me about it and i was able to avoid what she had planned. Instead she got caught in her own trap and i was asked by our department supervisor what her "punishment" should be (ie having her fired etc.) The Lord told me to show her mercy so i did and suggested just a counseling session be required.

Then He changed my heart and i really started praying for her with love. Slowly i started to see the Lord change her. She calmed down at work started bringing in her Bible and spent her break times reading it. I could see her faith was being restored by the Lord. After two years we were becoming friendly. Last year we became friends. She became a strong Christian, one who's conversation i enjoy.

This friday i got to see God's plan for her more fully.She has witnessed to everyone at work and began having impromptu Bible studies in her office for anyone who is interested on her break time. One person has already accepted the Lord through her witnessing and she is giving Bibles to anyone who is remotely interested. The Spirit of the Lord was so strong there Friday night i almost cried for joy. What a change in just four short years. She is breaking down strongholds at work Hallelujah!

The biggest change however and the biggest miracle is how God changed my heart. From wanting to see my "justice" done to wanting to see His mercy. God had taught me through this what it really means to pray for your enemies. Even your if enemies may not change when you pray for them the you do. You become closer to His heart. :emot-fail:

Praise You Jesus keep growing my heart to Your will and Your love. We serve an awesome God! Had to share this it is too wonderful to not share. :noidea:

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

Guest Juliana

Hating people is one of the many tools that the devil uses to bring us down. Forgiveness is one of the many tools the Lord uses to keep us up. When I pray for people who have done me wrong, I have a spiritual peace. Matthew:32-35. When we look at all God has forgiven us, how can we not forgive others?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,582
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  1

Wow RD - what an amazing story! God is so good! When we call on Him, He is faithful!

That's awesome!! That's just soo like God, not only does He deal with someone elses' issues but He also improves US as well. God Bless :24:;)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

that was an awesome story. ready 2 hear more about yalls tag team :24: lol

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Wow RD - what an amazing story! God is so good! When we call on Him, He is faithful!

God is faithful! Thanks for sharing your story. One day I'll share mine. Too much to type (smile).

Edited by AnExample