IGNORED

Eye to Eye

Joshua-777

runner's high:

Thanks for the perspective. i would be interested in your proposed inverse thread. i try not to, but sometimes it is hard to see past beliefs to the person--for both Christians and non-believers. That is, if i strongly disagree with someone's beliefs about something that matters a lot to me, i tend to look for the negative instead of the positive in them. I forget that they are God's child as well and I need to see with His eyes, not my own.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1987

This thread is not a debate about the existance of God, I just want to know, How many athiests can see a Christian perspective. I am wondering this, because an aithiest doesn't know what it means to have a personal relationship with God, How can they see understand what it means to be a christian, if they dont understand what it means to know God. how could they set a middle ground of somthing else? Now what I want to know, is from an athiest perspective, Can you truly understand Christians? Christians may join as well and answer. :thumbsup:

1. What is a Christian?

2. What is having a personal relationship with Christ?

3. Why is it important for Christians to stay away from sin

4. What is the importance of prayer?

5. Why is the bible important to Christians?

6. Describe God from a Christians mind.

7. What is the importance of humility in a Christians life?

8. What does it mean to hear Gods voice?

9. Explain the deity of Christ in a Christian perspective

10. What are the purpose of trials in a Christians life?

11. Why do we need a saviour?

12. What does the Holy Spirit do for us?

Athiests, Please, answer these from a Christian perspective. Just a challenge to see if you can, but they have to be your words, try to think about it, and give the best answer you can.

I'm gonna give it my best shot.

1.What is a Christian? -- A Christian is a self-proclaimed follower of Jesus who believes the bible (Old and New Testament) is the infallible Word of God. The believe in the triune of God. God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

"There was only one christian in all history. They caught and crucified him -- early." Mark Twain

2. What is having a relationship with Christ? -- From my understanding, this is the "accepting Jesus into your heart" part of the deal. When a Christian accepts Jesus to dwell into his/her own heart, they then became personally and intimately attached to Jesus.

3. Why is it important for Christians to keep from sinning? -- This is a difficult question, but I would guess that most Christians would give scripture from James and 1 & 2 John. I often read things such as "faith is dead without works" or something similar. But for the most part, I think it is their drive to imitate the sinless life of their saviour.

4. What is the importance of prayer?/ -- I like to think of prayer as being equivalent to "calling home". When you leave for college or to lead your own life, your parents usually say "You better call home alot!". Well, I think that Christians believe that to keep a healthy, personal relationship with God, they should pray daily, if not continuously.

5.Why is the Bible important to Christians?/ -- The Bible is the only guide Christians have to understanding their deity. The bible is their "history of time" so to speak. It gives the life of their saviour and the doctrine they should live by.

6. Describe God from a Christians mind. -- Inconceivable, indescribable, incomprehensible, but completely logical.

7. What is the importance of humility in a Christian's life? -- This is one of Jesus' most vital teachings. Humility ultimately keeps one's mindset in a position to accept God's will.

8. What does it mean to hear God's voice? -- This has always baffled me. For as long as I was a Christian, I would spend long, unpeaceful nights just listening. Hoping dearly to hear God's voice in some weird way. It never happened, therefore, I cannot comment on this question.

9. Explain the diety of Christ from a Christian perspective. -- The diety of Christ was disputed all the way up to the council of Nicaea. I'm sure his personal diety never changed, whatever that may be, but our understanding of his diety changed many times. I believe the council came to a decision around the year 325 A.D. The conclusion was that Jesus was very much God, in every way possible.

10. What are the purpose of trials in a Christian's life? -- Trials help a personal grow spiritually, mentally, and physically.

11. Why do we need a Saviour? -- When Adam fell, we all fell. We are born as horrible sinful creatures that need to be saved from hell. Jesus is the only way to do this.

12. What does the Holy Spirit do for us? -- The Holy Spirit gives a believer, no matter what the educational level, the ability to understand the complexities of the bible better than any biblical scholar or critic to ever live. Baffling? Of course, but this is the alleged power of the Cross.

There ya go, my best stab.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

This thread is not a debate about the existance of God, I just want to know, How many athiests can see a Christian perspective. I am wondering this, because an aithiest doesn't know what it means to have a personal relationship with God, How can they see understand what it means to be a christian, if they dont understand what it means to know God. how could they set a middle ground of somthing else? Now what I want to know, is from an athiest perspective, Can you truly understand Christians? Christians may join as well and answer. :noidea:

1. What is a Christian?

2. What is having a personal relationship with Christ?

3. Why is it important for Christians to stay away from sin

4. What is the importance of prayer?

5. Why is the bible important to Christians?

6. Describe God from a Christians mind.

7. What is the importance of humility in a Christians life?

8. What does it mean to hear Gods voice?

9. Explain the deity of Christ in a Christian perspective

10. What are the purpose of trials in a Christians life?

11. Why do we need a saviour?

12. What does the Holy Spirit do for us?

Athiests, Please, answer these from a Christian perspective. Just a challenge to see if you can, but they have to be your words, try to think about it, and give the best answer you can.

I'm gonna give it my best shot.

1.What is a Christian? -- A Christian is a self-proclaimed follower of Jesus who believes the bible (Old and New Testament) is the infallible Word of God. The believe in the triune of God. God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

"There was only one christian in all history. They caught and crucified him -- early." Mark Twain

2. What is having a relationship with Christ? -- From my understanding, this is the "accepting Jesus into your heart" part of the deal. When a Christian accepts Jesus to dwell into his/her own heart, they then became personally and intimately attached to Jesus.

3. Why is it important for Christians to keep from sinning? -- This is a difficult question, but I would guess that most Christians would give scripture from James and 1 & 2 John. I often read things such as "faith is dead without works" or something similar. But for the most part, I think it is their drive to imitate the sinless life of their saviour.

4. What is the importance of prayer?/ -- I like to think of prayer as being equivalent to "calling home". When you leave for college or to lead your own life, your parents usually say "You better call home alot!". Well, I think that Christians believe that to keep a healthy, personal relationship with God, they should pray daily, if not continuously.

5.Why is the Bible important to Christians?/ -- The Bible is the only guide Christians have to understanding their deity. The bible is their "history of time" so to speak. It gives the life of their saviour and the doctrine they should live by.

6. Describe God from a Christians mind. -- Inconceivable, indescribable, incomprehensible, but completely logical.

7. What is the importance of humility in a Christian's life? -- This is one of Jesus' most vital teachings. Humility ultimately keeps one's mindset in a position to accept God's will.

8. What does it mean to hear God's voice? -- This has always baffled me. For as long as I was a Christian, I would spend long, unpeaceful nights just listening. Hoping dearly to hear God's voice in some weird way. It never happened, therefore, I cannot comment on this question.

9. Explain the diety of Christ from a Christian perspective. -- The diety of Christ was disputed all the way up to the council of Nicaea. I'm sure his personal diety never changed, whatever that may be, but our understanding of his diety changed many times. I believe the council came to a decision around the year 325 A.D. The conclusion was that Jesus was very much God, in every way possible.

10. What are the purpose of trials in a Christian's life? -- Trials help a personal grow spiritually, mentally, and physically.

11. Why do we need a Saviour? -- When Adam fell, we all fell. We are born as horrible sinful creatures that need to be saved from hell. Jesus is the only way to do this.

12. What does the Holy Spirit do for us? -- The Holy Spirit gives a believer, no matter what the educational level, the ability to understand the complexities of the bible better than any biblical scholar or critic to ever live. Baffling? Of course, but this is the alleged power of the Cross.

There ya go, my best stab.

Very good, systemstrike! :thumbsup:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

LomaxPapsell interesting answers, that was more my view, before I was saved.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Runners High, I would have to say you had a close answer, which actualy I'm glad you are not without some understanding, This my answers, based off my walk with Christ. I hope this helps. Though many Christians answers may very depending on the growth of the believer, and their personal walk, I'm going to answer these from my heart.

1. What is a Christian? -- Jesus said, my sheep hear my voice, I know them, they follow me.

So hear my voice" signifies to me having a personal relationship with Jesus and following him in spirit, and not in the carnal mind.

2. What is having a personal relationship with Christ? It's actualy not feeling based, Yes The feeling of his presence, no word can describe, it's like utter peace fills you, but having a personal relationship with him, would be to submit to his will in your live, and opening the deepest parts of your heart to him, he leads you and directs you closer to him as you grow, one thing I noticed, it's not always a feeling, It's so much deeper, there are times where I didn't feel him, and yet he still corrected me, It's trusting and submiting to him, and letting him work iin your life, in an intimate relationship.

3. Why is it important for Christians to stay away from sin? Because it actualy pulls you farther away from a relationship with God, like for instance, it is important, because as we try to follow him, and walk in spirit, when we stray in spirit, it's like that presence slowly fades, and that peace we had with God slowly fades. It brings us further away from God, and also opens doors of separation between us and Christ.

4. What is the importance of prayer? Prayer is important, like any relationship it's important to have open communication, prayer is important, because it opens us more to him, It's concidered a form of meditation, It's focusing on God, and laying your life down by the cross, it is very important to carry the Joy of the Lord, and it helps us to deepen our faith, and deepen our personal relationship with the Lord. Prayer also helps us battle spiritualy, and prevents us from falling in the traps of satan,

5. Why is the bible important to Christians? As we grow in the bible, in the spiritual sence, it is very important to know, It helps us grow deeper in the Lord, and in knowledge of the Lord, it also directs our paths, and leads our direction, It helps us also deepen our understanding of God, and deepen our personal relationship with him, it also is a guideline, so we dont fall into false doctrine, our hearts are easily swayed by Ideas and worldly influences, The bible is a sword of the spirit, it guards our hearts and minds, and reveals to us deep mysteries of God, and reveals to us promises that God has kept and will keep. It is a very important thing to know and understand.

6. Describe God from a Christians mind? God is the divine creator, the lover of our souls, He is the one who prepared a way of salvation dispite how wretched we really are, He is the one who created us in love, and guides all things, He is good, and perfect, so perfect sin cannot be around him without being utterly destroyed, so he prepared a way for us to reach him, and know him, through Jesus, his son, which was also God in the flesh.

7. What is the importance of humility in a Christians life? -- Humility helps break down our pride, a proverb, Pride before a fool, as humility before honnor, Humility breaks down our pride, and our walls, leaving us with what we have to build off of, rather than building up our pride off what we do have, it is a way to humble us, and breaks down barriers in our lives.

8. What does it mean to hear Gods voice? To hear Gods voice, meants to be directed by God, I have heared Gods voice a few times, but most the time, God will pu tsomthing on my heart, and make it known that it's from him. usualy, it's God talking directly to my spirit. He also speaks to us through the Bible, and though other people. what he says is usualy always confermed from another source, Like Times I'll have a question on my heart, and an answer will be provided before I even ask anyone, and alot of times God will reveal things to me, which someone else will talk about it randomly, or I'll be lead to read about it in the bible.

9. Explain the deity of Christ in a Christian perspective, the deity of Christ, understanding he is in control, that he is God, and he is our salvation, Understanding his pre-existance, his dominion over all things, and understanding, his master plan. The book revelation is interesting, because it really is, "the REvelation of JEsus Christ" One thing I've noticed is that you have to understand his pre-existance, and the master plan over all creation from begining, to now, to the end, in order to understand revelation. This is a topic I could go on forever about, but that is a very brief explination

10. What are the purpose of trials in a Christians life? -- first and formost, It tests our faith, building patience, and increases our faith, building our hope, endurence, and our character.

11. Why do we need a saviour? -- because all fall short of the Glory of God, Because God and sin cannot mix, the sin that is stained in our spirits hold us to that sin, Jesus was without sin, and he died on the cross, for us, taking on to himself all the sins of the world, creating a way to know God personally.

12. What does the Holy Spirit do for us? -

He is also known as the spirit of truth, as Jesus refers him as, He is a discerner in our lives, judging spiritual things with spiritual things, He is God, a part of God that lives in us, leading us deeper in understanding and truth, he gives us knowledge and directs our understanding, He grants us spiritual gifts as he wills, and he works in our lives as a guide, there is so much the Holy Spirit does in our lives, he acts as a conscience as well, he convicts us,a nd leads us deeper in wisdom and truth, and deeper in a personal relationship with Christ, he also prays for us which I found interesting, that he makes intercession for our prayers. There is so much the Holy SPirit does in our lives, I cannot even begin to list all of it, but this is a brief summery.

If anyone feels that I should add more to a question, please say so.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Lomax, why would you post that since you are a believer now? That does not in any way glorify our Lord or help the lost to come to know Him.

Hiya Ayin. I think Lomax was just being realistic about how he would have answered it in the good old bad old days, and I don't really think anyone is going to be put off by it at all...many of us can recognise elements of it that used to strike a chord. What glorifies G-d, is that was how he used to be, and how he used to think...but G-d changed him...unless I am being particularly dense and gullible about this. :24:

Welcome Lomax...hope you enjoy it here, and I look forward to seeing you around...I liked your intro in the welcome section. All the best. Botz :24:

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Only Infidels, skeptics, moral and spiritual rebels, and evil human wrecks of all kinds refuse to accept Christianity. In doing so they refuse to accept God, and His Son Jesus as their saviour. They naturally reject God because He condemns all their activities, and He promises punishment in the end.

2 Corinthians 6:14.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

2 Corinthians 6:14.

Edited by HAZARD

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

This thread is not a debate about the existance of God, I just want to know, How many athiests can see a Christian perspective. I am wondering this, because an aithiest doesn't know what it means to have a personal relationship with God, How can they see understand what it means to be a christian, if they dont understand what it means to know God. how could they set a middle ground of somthing else? Now what I want to know, is from an athiest perspective, Can you truly understand Christians? Christians may join as well and answer. :24:

Nice idea, Josh. :whistling: I'll give it a go!

1. What is a Christian? A Christian is someone who essentially believes in the Nicene Creed, who believes the Bible is the inerrant and holy word of God, and who has a living relationship with Christ Jesus.

2. What is having a personal relationship with Christ? A personal relationship with Christ is carrying out one's life in consultation with God, according to God's will, in which the person actively seeks to know God's will and God's plan with regard to them and others, to walk as closely with the Lord as is possible, and to know him and love him in all things.

3. Why is it important for Christians to stay away from sin? Sin should be avoided not only because it is the downfall of man and the work of the Devil, but beause the appearance of sin is just as deadly - that is, if one cannot actively be seen to be distant from sin, then even if it is present but being resisted, it is tempting a slippery slope. Sin is ungodly and no part of God's plan for us; therefore, by not avoiding sin or by coexisting with sin or the potential of it, Christians are not letting God's plan for them unfold.

4. What is the importance of prayer? The Bible enjoins mankind to pray in order to beseech God to reward his children and intercede in their troubles. The Bible says that God will know the devotion of man through the strength and sincerity of their prayer, and that those who truly believe will be rewarded for it.

5. Why is the bible important to Christians? The Bible is the holy, inerrant, living word of God and is his codex for how mankind should live; it is a source of guidance for his will, a reminder of his plan, and the history of God's interaction with his creation.

6. Describe God from a Christians mind. Alpha and omega, beginning and end; Father, Son and Spirirt - the holy trinity; holy, just and merciful; incredible in his goodness and awesome in his power - beyond real human comprehension but deserving of absolute gratitude.

7. What is the importance of humility in a Christians life? Humility is the path which God has ordained that man will walk; if we are not humble, then we do not know God, because if you did know God and all his power, how could you lay any claim to pride?

8. What does it mean to hear Gods voice? Not a describeable experience. To hear a voice, like an actual presence, in a dream, in prayer or thought, to feel a strong compunction to obey; to know, beyond doubt, that a path has been chosen for you and that doing what the voice says is unerringly the right thing, even if, because we are human, we don't always listen.

9. Explain the deity of Christ in a Christian perspective Christ is God and the son of God, who ascended to heaven to His right hand after rising from the dead on Calvary; he completes the trinity and is both God and Jesus, who walked as a man.

10. What are the purpose of trials in a Christians life? To build strength of faith, strength of character; to better understand the will of God; to enable God's plan for a person to unfold; to bring the person closer to God; to bring a better understanding and a deeper faith.

11. Why do we need a saviour? Without a saviour, we are doomed to hell, born sinful since the Fall, inherently requiring of redemption, which is bought by the blood of the lamb; if not for Christ, mankind could never redeem themselves enough of sin to earn a place in heaven- and even with a saviour, we are still sinful, but have been forgiven and granted an ultimate redemption out of love and sacrifice.

12. What does the Holy Spirit do for us? The Holy Spirirt guides us and is a source of good works; Christians bear the fruit of the spirit when they do good deeds and thereby demonstrate that they are walking with the Lord.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

WOW IM SPEACHLESS FOR ONCE!!!

Would that be good speechless or bad speechless? :wub: