• Group:  Seeker *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/15/1981

Ok...first of all, don't worry.... won;t kill myself.

But need to know something about it.

When you are saved, or when people say you're saved.... will you go to Heaven when you kill yourself?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Ok...first of all, don't worry.... won;t kill myself.

But need to know something about it.

When you are saved, or when people say you're saved.... will you go to Heaven when you kill yourself?

If a person is saved, they will go to heaven. Perhaps the better question would be... can a person whose saved kill themselves?

I don't know. It's hard to imagine that happening. If so, there is something very wrong with that persons relationship with Christ. Suicide is murder because it's the taking of a life. We all have troubles from time to time. To comtemplate suicide would mean that person has no hope of Christ in their life and no power of Christ in their life. It is as if they are without Christ because He is able to keep those who belong to Him. How can someone trust God and take their life. And if someone is in that much pain and belonged to God, would they not cry out to Him? And if they cry out to Him would they not find mercy and grace to help in time of need?

Someone can feel so miserable, can be so stuck that he/she wants to go to heaven, so everythign will be over.

so that they are with the Lord.... right?

so if that's not wrong... than why not kill yourself?

It's just a thought i have... so i ask once more, if you kill yourself when you're a christian, you won;t go to hell?

and what if you're not sure he/she is saved? How can you be sure he/she will go to heaven or hell?

Edited by Thysia

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Someone can feel so miserable, can be so stuck that he/she wants to go to heaven, so everythign will be over.

so that they are with the Lord.... right?

so if that's not wrong... than why not kill yourself?

It's just a thought i have... so i ask once more, if you kill yourself when you're a christian, you won;t go to hell?

and what if you're not sure he/she is saved? How can you be sure he/she will go to heaven or hell?

Best to stay alive and be sure you know Jesus. Jesus would be speaking to that person's heart and telling them that they are thinking sinful thoughts. If that isn't happening, then the voice that is drowning out the Saviour's voice is the devil Himself. He wants us to die! If he can convince you that you are going to go home to Jesus, He wins. He would have successfully cut off another of God's army who could have done his kingdom of darkness some harm!

Don't fall for the enemy of your soul! We don't live by feelings--they lie to us. We live by the freeing truth of the Word of God. Read it daily! Choose life as God commands! There are wonderful plans waiting for you!

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Suicide is, of course, self-murder and Exodus 20 tells us that murder is wrong. If one knows the Lord Jesus Christ as personal Savior, one goes to heaven at death according to John 3:16 and John 5:24, etc. But if the Lord God is both Giver of life and Taker of life, why wouldn't a person desire to leave all of life and all of death itself in His omniscient hands? Again, as has been clearly stated, He "knows the plans He has for you." Let Him implement those gracious plans for your daily living! AMEN!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  278
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/22/1962

When you speak of killing yourself, are you speaking of killing yourself quickly as in cutting your wrist, or killing yourself slowly as in overeating? Both are often caused by emotional problems and twisted thinking. So I suppose what it comes down to, is one committing suicide with a knife or a fork (pun intended).

I hope I don't offend anyone with my leavity concerning this serious subject. The essence of the gospel is that sin no longer separates us from God, even sin that's unrepented of. All of us have sin in our lives even if it's just a matter of regularly overeating and not taking care of ourselves (I'm a good example of this being a good 40 lbs overweight.) When we stand before the Lord and he unveils the truth about our lives, we will repent if our faith is in him. Thus salvation ultimately is completely by grace through our faith.

So if a believer becomes so distraught emotionally, physically, or mentally that they do commit suicide, I see no reason that this would then cause them to be seperated from God for eternity. They will likely have some repenting to do before the Lord, but He will still embrace them. And if you don't think that you are suseptable to thoughts of and even committing suicide, beware.

The gospel is that we've been forgiven of all of our sins; past, present, and future, sins we repent of and even those that we will not repent of until we stand before Him in judgement. Hallelujah! Now that's good new!

Blessings,

Edited by Sherman

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/29/1974

I say a christian goes to heaven if they commit suicide. However, God wants you here because there is more for you to do, learn, lives to touch. God knows the agony in a person when they come to that point and gives them grace. And yes sometimes people sin and take it to the end but it is not what God had wanted for them. Being obedient to God is best thing a conflicted person can do, it is counted to them as righteousness. God loves you. If He really wanted you, He would take you home. Find out what He wants you to do.

Ok...so some say you will go to heaven... and some say you don't... right... :o

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,878
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  228
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

The main point that I agree with here is that NO ONE except God knows who is or is not saved and going to heaven.

No matter if you are saved or not it may at times feel like the "easy way out" to kill yourself but the consequenses for those left behind can be devestating and life changing ...so even if you "made it " to heaven how could you be happy and in paradise knowing that your actions may well have stopped others from finding salvation or condemed them to a far worse life than they should have had ?

I've heard you won't be able to think about that kind of stuff when you are in heaven....

you will be happy.

But you're right... i also think suicide is one of the most selfish things you can do...

But most people think you will go to heaven when you're saved and commit suicide right??