Guest leejosepho

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hello everyone I'm new here so I'm Just going to reply to the original Post.

Yes you can contact the dead through mediums. In the Old Testament King Saul used a medium to talk to Samuel after he had died. This was one reason that God had Saul killed. Here are passages from the bible dealing with s

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest leejosepho

Adstar:

I would never even consider even thinking about even maybe even thinking about even trying this, but do you mean to say I could actually contact my dead grandfather, called "Doc"?  And I mean him, literally, not just some imposter-spirit.

If so, maybe you are correct.  And if so, no problem.

I am just asking if that is what you literally mean.

Blessings!

Lee

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hello Lee

If you read the passage detailing how Saul used a medium it seems pretty obvious he talked to Samuel.

I agree that imposter Demons masquerade as loved ones when people hold s

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

What do you think?

Can a person sometimes sense the spirit from a loved dead one or do you think that person is decieved to even think that something like that is possible?

I don't believe in it at all because I think its very unscriptuel, but I do know that some Christian believe this is possible.

Your opinion??

As a Christian, my personal opinion on this matter does not count, even though i've known for a long time that communicating with spirits is demonic in nature, an if you ever cross that line, you may end up, being plague by demons.

Know, from the Bible teachings, there's plenty of scripture which states that the dead now are sleeping, till the ressurection and judgement.

And also that anybody that uses witchcraft, or mediums to communicate with the dead are sinning. No if's, and's, or but's. Demons use this evil ways to deceive people, even tough, people should know better, that there are evil spirits roaming around seeking for a dwelling, or demonic possesion.

Act 8:7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed [with them]: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.

Luk 11:26 Then goeth he, and taketh [to him] seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last [state] of that man is worse than the first.

It happened in Jesus's days while he was preaching, and it still

happens know, even tough somewhat more subtle, and much more smarter, so don't let yourself be deceived. Don't let tv, radio, or sad stories sway you into believing this lies, which are utter blasphemy against the Word. People that act on it, or believe in this kind of thing, are mocking God, and calling his Word a lie. read on what the Bilble says.......

Lev 19:31 Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I [am] the LORD your God.

Lev 20:6 And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you [any one] that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, [or] that useth divination, [or] an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

Deu 18:12 For all that do these things [are] an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

Psa 115:17 The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.

Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Isa 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them.

Act 2:29 Men [and] brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

Act 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God [to be] the Judge of quick and dead.

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

These are just a few, there is plenty more.. All I could say to Christians all around, beware of subtleness, sweet stories, and intriguing discussion, charisma has a lot to offer, and entertaining sin is very dangerous, and wolves, dressed as sheep, trying to inmmerse their teaching to lead astray the people of the Lord. The time is near, and combat lines have been drawn, in what side are you gonna stand, being in the middle does not work. Look at how Hitler came to power and all his atrocities that he commited, against Jews and all humanity, and with his charisma, and intringuing speeches, and occultic background, he lead the world into a mass genocidal campaign, for all that died in that war, are hitler's victims.

God bless!

Guest shadow2b

[QUOTE]--That tells me that the dead are not in heaven or in hell because the sorting of the faithful and the unfaithful, the wheat from the chaff has not yet occurred. If the dead have not gone to their appropriate places (heaven or hell), then where are they? What state are they in?

I do not believe that we can sense our dead loved ones. I believe these are deceiving spirits and if we seek them then we will be as Saul and may end up with an evil spirit and the kingdom being taken away from us. Of course this is talking about Jesus' kingdom being taken away as far as we are concerned.

the question isn't CAN we communicate with the dead, it's SHOULD we.... i haven't read all umpteen pages, but i'm quite sure someone has posted the scriptures telling us NOT to communicate with the dead, so it's pretty clear that it is possible... it's just forbidden.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I don't think its possible to communicate with the dead, some people might get decieved by demons pretenting to be loved ones.

I NEVER EVER heard any true story of anybody communicating with the dead (only King Saul).

The Bible tells us that those things are demonic,I for myself don't think its possible even if we tried!

Deuteronomy 18:10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD , and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you.