IGNORED

Can we communicate with the dead?

Guest leejosepho

I believe George, that those prohibitions are for those who might be tempted to dabble in the dark side of the spirit world and that the "familiar spirits" were evil spirits. I think God does use the departed in his administration of souls on earth, to relay messages and to influence our thoughts. I believe much of what we think are messages from beyond the veil and God's forces in heaven try to help us and keep us on track this way. Throughout the bible, God always had spirit messengers. This is another dogma of the churches that because the bible warns against the evil side, they throw out the good side with it, the baby with the bath water as they say.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,786
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Levi, though I respect your opinion, if you can show one verse in the Bible where it was a GOOD thing to communicate with the dead then I may consider your opinion.

I echo what George has said, in fact, I had gotten my Bible open to Duet. 18 before I noticed George had already posted.  G-d has angels as messengers, those who have received salvation are joint heirs with Messiah, and I doubt after we have died and gone to be with Him, G-d will use us as angels.  That's why they are there.  To see the dead, whether they are in heaven or in ####, is necromancy.  G-d said it, and I believe Him.  He is not going to break His own laws.  So to anyone who believes G-d can send the dead to us since He can do anything, may I remind you the one thing G-d can't do is break His laws.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I agree with Xan and George,God will not allow us to communicate with the dead. It is sin, what happens sometimes is that people get decieved by what they think is family or good friends who come back to them, that they are communicating with demons.

When we die we either go to #### or heaven, but we do not stay around floating, that is not biblical.

Can anybody agree with this?

Angels

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Quote: from George on 10:34 pm on Feb. 23, 2002

Deut 18:10

Quote: from Xan on 8:26 pm on Feb. 24, 2002

I echo what George has said, in fact, I had gotten my Bible open to Duet. 18 before I noticed George had already posted.

Oops! :duh:

Correction:  HE has vice HE is!  Sorry...:):)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The idea of communicating with the dead is of Satanic origin.  It reverts back to the account in Genesis 3:4-5 that "you shall not surely die".  That the powers of the Occult have redefined the meaning of "death", a (complete) separation, and total isolation from the living. (Gen. 2:17)  When anyone believes they are communicating with the dead, they are really communicating with impersonating (evil) spirits, and that they all present the same message, "there is no death, but only transition from one realm to another". In fact, all the occult discipleship teachings, including those that are considered "advanced", are only cover-ups for the original lie; "you shall not surely die"!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

What about visons and dreams about the dead??  For instance my father died 3 years ago.  I had a dream about 2 weeks later.  In the dream he was standing outside a huge castle like door and looked about mid 30's.  He was smiling and said nothing.  It was almost as if someone was letting me know he got up there ok!  I also had another dream about a year ago about my father.  It was so vivid that I could consiously think about what questions i would ask before I asked them.  He told me all about heaven and what it was like and how each person had a job to do up there.  I have never had so much control of my thoughts in a dream before.

So is this satan messing with me or Gods way of letting me know that things are going good up there in heaven?

GEL