IGNORED

Can we communicate with the dead?

Guest leejosepho

Guest leejosepho

Levi:

Please share with us those statements we have made that you believe are mere insinuations.

Blessings!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/13/1953

I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)

And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering.

And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias:

To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another (discerning of spirits)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Gatorgirl,

Just a little note to tell that I agree with you !!

Love Angels

those apparitions were not your deceased grandparents

This is pure speculation Lee. I had the experience, you didn't so you are merely speculating as to what actually happened. In other words, you don't know that and it's impossible for you to ever prove it. I can't prove it either but I had the experience and by discerning the spirits I would have to say I am satisfied that it was my grandparents and I have nothing whatsoever to fear from them. You can try to say such things don't exist and you can believe that if you like but you may be like the people who used to think the earth was flat when it is actually round.

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/13/1973

In my experience, yes, it is possible to communicate with the dead.  However, it is HIGHLY inadvisable.  :rofl:  It was mentioned earlier that demons may employ deception, appearing to be something they are not.  I would not disagree with this assertion as I have also witnessed similar tactics.  We are not meant to communicate with the dead.  It is unnatural and forbidden for very good reasons.  We are not equipped to handle what might be inadvertantly conjured from the netherworld.  While it is true that we have nothing to fear with Jesus by our side, why going looking for trouble when there doesn't need to be any?    :rofl:

Guest leejosepho

Two Lamps:

How could one possibly communicate with the dead when the dead are them-dead-selves incapable of communicating?!

If the dead -- that great host with all that free time on their lifeless hands, and whose powdered lungs can no longer push air through dusty vocal cords -- are capable of producing sound(s) and communicating, then why are they not ringing our doorbells and ten-at-a-time calling on each of us by name?

The only possibility here is that of communicating with spirits pretending to be "the dead", on another frequency altogether.

Leejosepho, there is obviously a lot of dissenting opinion on this issue.  As for myself, I am only speaking from experience.  While I have never seen the ghost of someone I have known, I have seen ghosts as well as demons.  Most of the time, I have been able to differentiate between the two types.  I did not seek them out.  Some people have the gift of second sight.  I am one of them, one of many.  However, I still stand by what I said.  We should not seek after them.  

I once knew a sort of "Caspar the friendly ghost" who frequented my friend's house.  That one actually made a protective gesture by not allowing a stranger (who later turned out to be my friend coming into the house by an unusual way) to come through the door when I was there alone.  Their intentions are not always bad, but we still shouldn't get mixed up with them for even when a ghost with benign intentions comes through, there are often others with ill intentions following on their heels.  These are often the more stealthy, malicious variety.  These can be horribly frightening.  Again, this is all based on my own experience.  I have not read up on this or done any empirical research.  I reserve the right to be wrong, but this is what I have observed.

We know from the Bible that people in hell cannot cross over and since the Bible is just as clear that people in Abraham's bosom could not cross over, what makes anyone think that people in heaven can cross over :???:  If ghosts are not dead people, then what are they?  A messenger of G-d has always announced himself and gives his message and leaves.  If something is lingering, remember it was never a living human who is now dead and it is not an angel, then what else could it be?

The bible tells us that those who have gone before us are sleeping in death and will be resurrected on the Last Day.  That tells me that the dead are not in heaven or in hell because the sorting of the faithful and the unfaithful, the wheat from the chaff has not yet occurred.  If the dead have not gone to their appropriate places (heaven or hell), then where are they?  What state are they in?  

The ancient Hebrew world schema tells us that the world as we know it is comprised of the earth where we dwell, the water beneath, and the water above.  These waters separate where we live from the world of the dead (below) and heaven where God resides (above).  The dead are not supposed to get out.  And, likewise, we are not supposed to reach in.  

We cannot therefore assume that it is impossible to bridge the gap because the bible also warns us against doing just that.  Why would we be warned away from something we can't do in the first place?  That just doesn't make sense.  I conclude that it is possible to make contact or for them to get out and roam around while not fully being *here* in our realm.  But, it's not supposed to happen.  Contact between the dead and the living is not intended and should be avoided.

"To be absent from the body is to be present with the L-rd."  Even if Yeshua did not say that or mean it (of course He did) and if He didn't rip the seperation between us and the Holy of Holies (heaven), then the righteous dead would go to Abraham's Bosom and they were not able to cross over, either.  I'm sure you know the story Yeshua (Jesus) told about Lazerus and the rich man.  No one can cross over.  The reason we are told not to communicate with the dead is the same reason we are told not to worship other gods- cause they don't exist!  The other gods are really demons.  The dead cannot communicate with us.  The Bible is explicit on that.  The only explanation is familiar spirits know what the dead look like and many of the things that they know.  It is a deception.