Matthitjah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  1

If same sex marriages go into effect and they get the tax cuts and military money and the insurance, OUR TAXES will go up to pay for thier medical expenses. I am not willing to pay for that lifestyle. Its bad enough I pay for evolution in my textbooks to schools I DONT attend. If they want to put an innitiative into place that says you may add one person to your insurance policy I would not have a problem with that. Mostof us already have a person on there, our spouse.

I pay for subsidized logging on public lands that I don't agree with. My taxdollars are used for a war in Iraq that I think was a bad idea. In any democracy, you are not going to agree with everything your taxdollars are spent on.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.59

Not only do I feel strongly about this issue, I am also against all anti-descrimination laws, and support their repeal. I don't believe the government has any right to make anyone hire a person for any reason. They are spending their own money paying salaries and they built their own business.

In this country. You left that part out. That businessman does operate in a vacuum. He benefits from over 100 years of taxpayer financed public infrastructure. The taxpayer paid to educate his workers. The taxpayer pays to police the area he operates his business in. The taxpayer pays for economic oversight. The taxpayer probably subsidized the loans he used to get started. If it were not for the United States and all the services provided by our public sector, the vast majority of businesses would never succeed.

In return for that, in the United States we require that you not discriminate based on race, creed, ethnicity or sex. If a business owner does not like it, then they are free to try to find another country to operate their business in.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56

Not only do I feel strongly about this issue, I am also against all anti-descrimination laws, and support their repeal. I don't believe the government has any right to make anyone hire a person for any reason. They are spending their own money paying salaries and they built their own business.

In this country. You left that part out. That businessman does operate in a vacuum. He benefits from over 100 years of taxpayer financed public infrastructure. The taxpayer paid to educate his workers. The taxpayer pays to police the area he operates his business in. The taxpayer pays for economic oversight. The taxpayer probably subsidized the loans he used to get started. If it were not for the United States and all the services provided by our public sector, the vast majority of businesses would never succeed.

In return for that, in the United States we require that you not discriminate based on race, creed, ethnicity or sex. If a business owner does not like it, then they are free to try to find another country to operate their business in.

So is this the logic you use for every area of life. The US has paid for the right to tell us what to do and we have no recourse.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

A christians wont have a sinful lifestyle.

Christians sin, just like everyone else. No one is perfect, and no one man is free from sin except for Jesus according to the Bible.

No, what I think he sais was that he does not believe the government should have the authority to tell him who he must hire. I see nothing regarding prejudice in him post. Your statement is not an accurate summary of his post

I think you are deliberately reading something into the post that is not there. No prejudice whatsoever is implied here.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh, but I felt there were undertones based upon Butero's responses. He was talking about not wanting to hire homosexuals, and stated he was against anti-discrimination laws.

The anti-discrimination laws don't say you HAVE to hire ANYONE, but they DO say that you cannot turn someone away from a job based soley on gender, race, or sexual preference. Butero said he wouldn't hire homosexuals, thus I came to that conclusion. I'm sorry if I falsly accused anyone, I just get heated at times when it comes to certain topics >_>

To EricH:

So is this the logic you use for every area of life. The US has paid for the right to tell us what to do and we have no recourse.

I know you didn't direct your question to me necessarily, but I feel I gave an answer to that situation in response to one of Butero's posts earlier. Here, I'll requote it:

Do you enjoy paying taxes? I would assume not, but it is US law, and you live in the US, therefore I assume you pay taxes.

Do you enjoy the war today? I would assume not, but you live in the US, therefore your taxes go towards funding war and murder.

If you live in the US, and take up secular business in the US, you have to follow US business policy. Even if you don't like it, in order to be a part of the system, you have to follow its rules. Insuring homosexuals is no exception. If you really have a problem with it, then I would suggest finding another business that is more theocratically oriented.

You are still free to talk to your congressmen about issues you feel strongly about, but if you plug into the system, you have to obey its rules. If everyone did whatever they wanted based upon their personal beliefs, America would fall into chaos, because there would be no uniform law.