Benny Hinn

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

I know I'm not as wise or experienced as some of you are... and maybe thats why I don't understand. Gods people are Gods people. If you think they are trying to deceive you and others - pray for that person, don't talk about then on a board in a slandorous manner.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I think we need to see the difference between slander and exposing the truth of a person's false teachings. This includes Benny Hinn or anybody else who teaches falsley, gives false prophesies, etc.

When we say that a person is teaching falsely it is often hard to separate the person from the teaching. The source of all lies is the enemy of God, the devil. The demons (fallen angels) at the command of Satan spread lies and deception everywhere they go (Matt. 25:41; Eph. 6:12). However, with regard to the false teachers, they, having been blinded by the god of this age (Matt. 15:14; 2 Cor. 4:4), are the conduit of the enemy's lies. (1 Tim. 4:1; James 3:15).

So when we say, "Mr. X is a false prophet. He said...and it didn't come to pas. He is a false teacher. He said...and that is heresy," we are not slandering the person, we are exposing the lies of the enemy.

Now, there is also another aspect which we must consider. The fruit of a false prophet is manifest first in his manner of living, and second in those that he spreads the false teachings to. A fruit tree must first produce its own fruit before it can seed itself and produce more fruit trees. Therefore, does this person lie? Is he a lover of the world? Is he a lover of money? Does his manner of living contradict what he teaches, or does it contradict the proper living out of Christ according to the Bible?

Therefore, when we also say, "Mr. X is false, he lies regularly about his past and about his present. He is a lover of money. He fleeces the flock for his own gain. He loves the world, etc." again, we are not engaging in slander at all; because the man of God should always have an excellent manner of living. The fruit of the enemy is first manifest in the life of the one spreading his lies.

Making fun of hair styles, clothing, the way a person talks, etc. is, of course, wrong. It is a kind of gossip; it is a kind of slander. But the one who calls himself a man of God, a prophet, a teacher, etc. ought always be ready to account for himself before others.

Grace to you,

~G

I'm not picking on Calamity but this is the most recent post on this page that I can use as an example

so, here's a warning from a concerned sister in Christ... jacqueline, steer clear of the likes of benny hinn! his teachings are not from God, no matter how they're dressed up to appear so. 

This particular single post is only an opinion without evidence. If anyone wants to make this statement it should be accompanied by some factual evidence to support it.

For the record...I totally agree with Calamity's assessment but if it were me pointing the finger I would not say anything unless I had posted verifyable and specific proof for anyone/everyone who would want to know why I accuse a "prophet" of being false.

So...in order to do this in a righteous way anyone who has aught against Mr Hinn should refrain from any further opinions or personal comments and post only that which he has said or done which can be irrefutably proven as fact. If there are events which would assume his motives then they aren't worth mention.

Let's make a list of these things available for all to see. We can't assume that everyone has read something buried in a post within a long thread either. It should be the first post or repeated in every post.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

Good morning. I've made a list of people from TBN that I as a baby Christian watch and learn from. I know your views on Benny how about the people listed below? ;)

1) Pastor Tommy & Mattew Barnett (The Dream Center)

2) Bishop Charles Blake, SR. (Celebration of Victory)

3) Reinhard Bonnke

4) Pastor Rod Parsley (Breakthrough)

5) Juanita Bynum (Weapon of Power)

6) Dr. Creflo Dollar (Changing Your World)

7) Jesse Duplantis (Jesse Duplantis Ministries)

8) Joyce Meyer (Enjoying Everyday Life)

9) Dr. Frederick Price (Ever Increasing Faith)

10) Paula White (Paula White Today)

11) Pastor John Hugee (John Hugee Today)

12) Dr. Robert Schuller )Hour of Power

13) Kim Clement

God Bless

Jacqueline

my OPINION is that most of those preach the gospel of greed and covetousness.

I hope that someone will take the time to give you the facts, though...It would take a long time to prove each case.

Even Juanita Bynum? I've never heard her ask for money.... never.

God Bless

Jacqueline

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I think that we could go into the list you made, Jacqueline, and point out some of the doctrinal problems each one of these has presented. But there is a ton of information on these folks on the internet already. Granted, you have to discern for yourself. But just examine some of these sites and ask yourself, Have I ever seen this person say something like that? I think you will be surprised.

A few on the list you gave seem to be okay to me. But also consider that they are part of a wider movement called "Word Faith" that teaches a kind of prosperity gospel contrary to the Bible. So even if some of these are doctrinally correct, and are even good teachers, they have joined themselves to a ministry which promotes error. There have been more than a few good Christian teachers who joined up with TBN only to find out that TBN was not what it proports to be. Consequently they rejected TBN.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/20/1959

Even Juanita Bynum? I've never heard her ask for money.... never.

God Bless

Jacqueline

From the Prophetess's own website:

Juanita Bynum warns other women that there will be hurts and disappointments in ministry. She stresses the importance of allowing the Holy Spirit to purify their hearts to survive. Wounded by a church leader after a preaching engagement, Bynum says the Lord prompted her to purchase a dog to teach her a lesson about love. "I went to the store and found a rather reserved red-pepper poodle, and the Spirit said, 'That's your dog. "The Lord explained to me that the dog was feeling what I was feeling, which was rejection. He said the poodle is thinking: What's the use in going to the window and barking? She's not going to choose me anyway.' Not knowing much about dogs, Bynum says she later read that if a dog licks you once, that is a sign of love. But if he licks you many times, it's because he knows there is sickness in the body, and the dog is actually healing it. "One of the most precious gifts that I can give is forgiveness," she concludes.

That seems a little off the wall to me.

I know I have a lot to learn. This is to important to get wrong. Thank you. ;)

God Bless

Jacqueline