IGNORED

Symbols of Christianity

Guest HIS girl

Like to know what folks think of wearing/bearing a symbol of Christianity as acknowledgment of their Belief in Christ...be it on their person, vehicle,office, etc....

Or should the way you ACT be acknowledgment enough?....

Or...

Who cares?.....

:whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Like to know what folks think of wearing/bearing a symbol of Christianity as acknowledgment of their Belief in Christ...be it on their person, vehicle,office, etc....

Or...

Who cares?.....

:whistling:

Me personaly, I'll wear a symbol, a cross, somthing that represents Jesus for multiple reasons, I mainly try to focus on the way I act, But sometimes it helps me personally,like if I'm wearing a Christian shirt, or wearing a cross, to remember to watch my actions. Do I need to? no, also another reason is to represent to others what I believe in, yes it should be shown through the way I act, but I feel theres nothing wrong with supporting Jesus, those that pass by may be reminded. :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I wear a Star of David becuase of my Jewish roots

I don't wear crosses

I do have christian t shirts but since I am home 99 % of the time I guess it is not a witnessing tool

I have seen people wear christian stuff who act like heathens so I tend not to judge

In Christ

IreneM

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

hhhmmmmm.....Good views.

The next question is.....

Does wearing a symbol of Christianity change your persona? :rolleyes:

no

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

bump

hhhmmmmm.....Good views.

The next question is.....

Does wearing a symbol of Christianity change your persona? :rolleyes:

no

Well I am very CONSCIOUS when I wear my cross neck chain. Is this a good thing or not?...I don't know. Maybe good because I watch myself more closely but quite hypocritical if MYbehaviour changes when it's not on my neck.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

I used to have a fish sign on my old car and it made me very conscious of the way I drove. I don't have one on my present car and perhaps I should because I don't always remember to drive in "a Christian way", especially with some of the idiots on the road these days!! I find driving quite an issue anyway eg hooting is OK as a warning but is it OK when you're just annoyed, or can it even then be used as a warning, ie not to do it again! Separate issue for another thread maybe!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  150
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Or...

Who cares?.....

:)

I have Christian symbols everywhere and on everything, my car, myself, my clothes, hats, my office, my home........ you name it and I have it. I do get concerned that I might not drive perfectly as a Christian but I do drive better since becoming a Christian with or without these symbols. Do I get concerned that I might make mistakes as a Christian while wearing a t-shirt with His name on it? If I used that standard, I wouldn't carry my Bible around either. The question is whether I would not have them because I am not perfect and err, wow someone might see me mess up. No, I still proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord of my Life and mess up. If someone is looking to condemn me for a mess up God will use that too. See, I was one of those folks who held Christians failures up way more than mine, I judged them. In the end, God had his way. What non-believers do see in me is a person who messes up and yet is repentant, loving and not afraid to ask for forgiveness and make right my wrongs. I do NOT make myself out to be more righteous and in a place that they could "never get........ you know holier than thou".

Peace,

Bethany

Guest lovinghim4ever

Or...

Who cares?.....

:)

I have Christian symbols everywhere and on everything, my car, myself, my clothes, hats, my office, my home........ you name it and I have it. I do get concerned that I might not drive perfectly as a Christian but I do drive better since becoming a Christian with or without these symbols. Do I get concerned that I might make mistakes as a Christian while wearing a t-shirt with His name on it? If I used that standard, I wouldn't carry my Bible around either. The question is whether I would not have them because I am not perfect and err, wow someone might see me mess up. No, I still proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord of my Life and mess up. If someone is looking to condemn me for a mess up God will use that too. See, I was one of those folks who held Christians failures up way more than mine, I judged them. In the end, God had his way. What non-believers do see in me is a person who messes up and yet is repentant, loving and not afraid to ask for forgiveness and make right my wrongs. I do NOT make myself out to be more righteous and in a place that they could "never get........ you know holier than thou".

Peace,

Bethany

Great post Bethany! :emot-giggle::blink: