• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Thank you, Karen, for posting that! :noidea: I have a woman in my cell group which I lead who is a brand new believer and just in love with Jesus! I baptized her last week, and everything was just going great and she announced she was going to see that film. I was quite alarmed and cautioned her, suggesting she not see it. I felt it was cultish and ungodly, but had nothing to go on but the synopsis on the website. I told her that if she decided to go see it, she should keep a closed mind! She agreed, and said that if she had any qualms, she would excuse herself to another room of the house where they were showing it.

Just like the devil to try to snatch away ground gotten, isn't it? Right after a baptism no less--I expected something like this!

She saw the film last night, so I am waiting to hear her report on it tomorrow. I am glad for your post, for I have an even better understanding than before.

Thanks again! :noidea:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

By the way, please ignore the post from "NONE". That post was created by a loose nut typing on a keyboard and I apologize for my "nuttieness".

Even Paul had his nutty days. I thought we were all human but I guess some of us are "nuts"? Thank God He views me differently. I apologize for anything I said to create this opinion in you of me. I am human, though, and have very human feelings.

Edited by None

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

By the way, please ignore the post from "NONE". That post was created by a loose nut typing on a keyboard and I apologize for my "nuttieness".

Even Paul had his nutty days. I thought we were all human but I guess some of us are "nuts"? Thank God He views me differently. I apologize for anything I said to create this opinion in you of me. I am human, though, and have very human feelings.

Are you the same person.. none & Phil 2:12?

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

Thank you, Karen, for posting that! :whistling: I have a woman in my cell group which I lead who is a brand new believer and just in love with Jesus! I baptized her last week, and everything was just going great and she announced she was going to see that film. I was quite alarmed and cautioned her, suggesting she not see it. I felt it was cultish and ungodly, but had nothing to go on but the synopsis on the website. I told her that if she decided to go see it, she should keep a closed mind! She agreed, and said that if she had any qualms, she would excuse herself to another room of the house where they were showing it.

Just like the devil to try to snatch away ground gotten, isn't it? Right after a baptism no less--I expected something like this!

She saw the film last night, so I am waiting to hear her report on it tomorrow. I am glad for your post, for I have an even better understanding than before.

Thanks again! :whistling:

I know Sister! I see the tactics and assaults and almost feel crazy blowing the horn, but Christains are gullable and easily decieved. It is those within the body that are the scoffers about what is evil.. it absolutly astounds me the inablity to discern good from evil...

Ministering to the drug addicts is much easier... :whistling:

Are you the same person.. none & Phil 2:12?

No.

I'm a Home-maker female and Phil.2:12 sounds male but I could be wrong.

Doesn't this board have a feature where mods can view your IP addresses?

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

A friend loaned me the book on CD. It is the biggest bunch of hogwash I've ever listened to! The basic concept is that you are in total control of everything in your life by the frequency you emit into the universe. All you have to do to get whatever you want is to ask "the universe" for it, and believe and "feel" like you already have it. They compare the "universe" to a genie in a bottle; and talk about the "Law of Attraction".

It's ludicrous!

Where it becomes really insidious, though, is when they start quoting Scripture to try to substantiate their claims.

How can thinking people fall for this garbage?

"itching ears" I suppose.

A friend loaned me the book on CD. It is the biggest bunch of hogwash I've ever listened to! The basic concept is that you are in total control of everything in your life by the frequency you emit into the universe. All you have to do to get whatever you want is to ask "the universe" for it, and believe and "feel" like you already have it. They compare the "universe" to a genie in a bottle; and talk about the "Law of Attraction".

It's ludicrous!

Where it becomes really insidious, though, is when they start quoting Scripture to try to substantiate their claims.

There are so many lies out there to "choose" from. This one has gone into many levels, especially levels reaching children. Every child wants their "wishes granted". That consept above is the grown-up level. The one that worries me is the one sneaking in through what kids look at via TV and internet. In these "end times" it's very good to "hold fast what we have" especially when what we have is the proper knowledge of Jesus. We as Christians know who is really granting wishes.

If only the mislead nonbelievers knew their "gift" comes with the price of their soul, if they don't repent and come to Jesus.

This is why I'm very upset about people who call themselves Christians teaching the religion of "silence" and "let your works be your testimony"...if we all shut up and let our works speak, won't they just say, "It's all me, no one but me...I am so good."

This is just another method of drowning God out of our lives, as if He'd ever stand for that. It's sad when even people who say they love God fall into these traps. Scary thing is, if a person falls into this wishes trap and later accepts Jesus, they better never sin again because the demon who invested his time in you has now invited many friends to win you back.

Sin weakens the wall of protection God gives us.

• Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

It's ludicrous!

People fall for it because they have nothing else to cling to and become desperate. For some it pulls on the blinders, and allows them to believe what they want even in knowing the truth

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

As has been stated, there's "nothing new under the sun."

People will always try to replace God and Christ with something more humanistic... they want to believe that they - and only they - are in charge of their destinies, or that if anything goes wrong in their lives they can blame it on a cosmic Something Else.

It is this same basic humanity that tells us Jesus was "just a good guy" and that we are all super-evolved fruit flies. Same plot, different title.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/04/1971

I've come across this alot with some people I work with, and I did start to view the dvd on a website, but something in my spirit said, "Don't go there. This is nothing but lies." It makes me cringe every time I think about how many people are falling into this and how many churches are using it.