• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/04/1990

I don't know about anyone else but during the winter because I'm always outside skiing my hands are horribly dry, cracked, and bleeding. I have tried my oh so amazing Vaseline Dry Skin lotion which has worked in the past, but this year it seems to have no effect other than making my hands burn and tingle.

Does anyone have any home remedies? Please remember that I live in Canada so I may not have certain stores available. Thanks guys! :P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

hey! welcome to the boards neighbour! :24:

omg, skiing is so awesome. i tried it for the first time early in feb. it was so fun but i wiped out so many times that i dont think i will be doing it again any time soon! ;)

for the lotion thing, have you tried stuff thats close to being natural like Lush products? i love that stuff and love the smell of the store :o

also, isnt there some way of insulating your hands such that they are always warm?

how often do you skii anyways and how long have u been doing it? you are so fortunate you get to do it at all though :P

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

If you can get Corn Huskers Lotion, that is the best thing I've used.

Guest Biblicist

I can completely relate! Although, for me it's my feet. I have a skin condition and absolutly nothing has helped my feet except for Badger Balm. My wonderful husband found it for me! You can get cans of it at Advance Auto Parts stores or order it on the internet at http://www.badgerbalm.com/

I tell you, it's the BEST product I've ever used. My feet have never been this smoothe or free of cracks.

The product is thick, but once it does absorb, which is pretty quickly considering the consistancy, it leaves skin feeling soft for a long time.

I hope you find something that works for you soon, having cracked and bleeding hands is the pits!

Bib

:thumbsup:

P.S. Badger Balm is an all natural prouct, even the tins are recycleable. Completely environment friendly! If you're into that sort of thing.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

EMU OIL,

It is good for so many things and I use it and it great,

OC

also, there's a product called bag balm. (it used to be used on milk-cows by farmers, to prevent their udders from cracking and splitting and bleeding.) it's not a lotion though, it's more like vaseline, very heavy and greasy, so i'd suggest ony using it at night with latex gloves over your hands.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Lady C is right about the bag balm. It's manufactured in Lennoxville, Quebec, which could be very close or very far depending on where you live in Ontario.

Shania Twin rubs bag balm on her skin to retain its youthful glow. I was in Lennoxville when that story broke and the company suddenly found itself scrambling to fill international orders.

Enjoy your ski days.

Lady C is right about the bag balm. It's manufactured in Lennoxville, Quebec, which could be very close or very far depending on where you live in Ontario.

Shania Twin rubs bag balm on her skin to retain its youthful glow. I was in Lennoxville when that story broke and the company suddenly found itself scrambling to fill international orders.

Enjoy your ski days.

i didn't have to go to quebec to buy it though :emot-hug: i found it at my local pharmacy!

i just looked at the website for the stuff, it says the product is often carried at drugstores, feed stores, tack stores, and farm supply stores. and of course you can purchase it online if you can't find it in a nearby store.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,891
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  230
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

A real old fashioned remedy used to be chicken fat rubbed all over your hands and left on all night but wear a pair of cotton gloves to protect your bedclothes from greasy marks.....ladies used to wear chicken skin gloves just for the problem you are having :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

:emot-hug:

no really, please tell, were do you store all that info ladypeartree and why do you know these things??? :emot-hug: