• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

Hey, whenever I read the Bible I have horrible emotional pain and such. Its so painful. Can anyone tell me what's wrong here?

Its, not without reason, I always find myself wherever I look and its always stuff like these people were never really christians, or these people are going to hell, or this guy was way better than anybody else and not only was he not you but he failed completly and didn't make it or something.

I'm telling you, its so bleak and depressing and I can't understand most of it anyway.

I feel like praying here. No words. Your signiture is very touching :whistling::wub:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Hupo - may I ask you what led you to faith in God?

Yeshua did, or the Holy Spirit, or God Himself.

If it was just me I probably wouldn't even be here now. It never made any logical sense.

I'm sure glad I didn't take over :emot-hug:

But to be more specific.... For years I messed around with all kinds of spiritual and group dynamics.

They were all very interesting but I always came out with a kind of vaccum in my stomach.

There was an empty space that wasn't being filled.

Turning to Yeshua as my saviour filled that vacuum.

I still don't enjoy reading the Bible.

Do you understand it? I don't :)

That empty feeling--that vacuum--is indicative of someone who is starving. Who doesn't eat when hungry? You need spiritual food, your daily Bread! Fill yourself up! Eat of the spiritual food that God so painstakingly provided for all your spiritual needs.

It is common to most of us to find it difficult to discipline ourselves to reading the Word of God regularly, but once we commit to it, as God would have us do, we start to crave it! For a believer to not understand the Word, all he needs to do is ask the Hoy Spirit to reveal the truth in the passage, and He will do it! Do some closet time, Hupo, and get renewal!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

Hupo - may I ask you what led you to faith in God?

Yeshua did, or the Holy Spirit, or God Himself.

If it was just me I probably wouldn't even be here now. It never made any logical sense.

I'm sure glad I didn't take over :P

But to be more specific.... For years I messed around with all kinds of spiritual and group dynamics.

They were all very interesting but I always came out with a kind of vaccum in my stomach.

There was an empty space that wasn't being filled.

Turning to Yeshua as my saviour filled that vacuum.

I still don't enjoy reading the Bible.

Do you understand it? I don't :blink:

Thankyou for your candid response. I hope you don't mind another question.

Are you able to tell us about turning to Yeshua? How did it happen?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Actually, I think that if the Holy Spirit wants you to read the Bible he will give you the urge or desire to do so and then he will let it all make sense to you.

If you don't have the Holy Spirit then you shouldn't try try reading the thing as it may cause you to mis interprete it to some degree unless you're looking for a specific thing.

You should ask God to give you the Holy Spirit and if you get it then you can read it, if you don't get it it may be best not to read it.

And don't worry about not wanting to read it, maybe there's a reason to wait until later for God to get you to read it. That could always be.

Edit: and I know its a lying spirit of sorts, more actually a spirit of the antichrist but I ignore him and am refraining from letting him use God's word against me. And just in case you're wondering if he's talking through me I'd just like to proclaim that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh.

And you people can ask me that if you're ever in doubt of what I say, I'd rather get caught in a lie than get away with lying to a person. Just in case I'm ever mistaken.

Edited by reconditioned

I was searching for God, Not Yeshua. Looking to make the contact, It was suggested to me that I ask out loud for Yeshua to come into my life.

That was something "I was definatly not going to do. It wasn't for me!".

I was in the car one night, driving home. My daughter was tired so I had the silence to myself.

I don't know what happened, I just remember asking Yeshua to come into my life and the next second, stopping the car in shock at what I had just said.

He's been here ever since.

So you see. I didn't turn to Yeshua... He turned to me

Edited by hupo

reconditioned:

You should ask God to give you the Holy Spirit and if you get it then you can read it, if you don't get it it may be best not to read it.

When we become born again, we have the Holy Spirit resident within us, and we are to read the Word of God, and learn of Him and of His ways so we can obey Him and grow in Him. There isn't an option, for when you refuse, you will starve to death spiritually.

There is no good reason to not read the Word of God!

reconditioned:

When we become born again, we have the Holy Spirit resident within us, and we are to read the Word of God, and learn of Him and of His ways so we can obey Him and grow in Him. There isn't an option, for when you refuse, you will starve to death spiritually.

I must differ with you on this. Where there is no option, there be only robots, not human beings.

God has given us free choice and if He never intervened in some of the most horendous atrocities in history, He will not intervene here. It is that gift of free choice and the way we excercise it, that determines our walk with God and Yeshua.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  286
  • Birthday:  03/20/1968

reconditioned:

I totally agree, The Holy Spirit comes to life in each of us the day we ask Jesus to come into our lives. If we don't read the bible, how will we ever know God really. And if you are a christian you will want to read the bible to know Him. The bible is our guide in life.

reconditioned:

I must differ with you on this. Where there is no option, there be only robots, not human beings.

God has given us free choice and if He never intervened in some of the most horendous atrocities in history, He will not intervene here. It is that gift of free choice and the way we excercise it, that determines our walk with God and Yeshua.

No. We are responsible to live before God in a way that He would have us live--we are responsible to God to grow up in Him, to mature and feed on His Word. There is no option. A Christian in name only will get a rude awakening one day, "Depart from me, for I never knew you." The Holy Spirit in you yearns for things of God, and reading the Bible is one way to satisfy that hunger. If you don't yearn, then you need to ask God why and make that right with Him.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  305
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

I was searching for God, Not Yeshua. Looking to make the contact, It was suggested to me that I ask out loud for Yeshua to come into my life.

That was something "I was definatly not going to do. It wasn't for me!".

I was in the car one night, driving home. My daughter was tired so I had the silence to myself.

I don't know what happened, I just remember asking Yeshua to come into my life and the next second, stopping the car in shock at what I had just said.

He's been here ever since.

So you see. I didn't turn to Yeshua... He turned to me

Interesting. I definitely agree that it is not we (mankind) that turn to Yeshua but He to us. The bible says, "No man comes to the Father but through me (Christ), and no man can come to me (Christ) except the Father draws him." It sounds to me as though you have been drawn. And of course who can resist?