IGNORED

that four letter word...

Guest LadyC

ok, i've never been one to eat "healthy". i hate veggies, i love fried foods, my eating habits are sporadic. usually i only eat once a day, in the evening, and i eat because i enjoy the taste of it and don't quit when i should.

the older i get, the more difficult it becomes to burn off the calories. maybe because i sit on this computer far too much.

i'm on a mission though... to lose a little weight and tone up the flab. i want to look 30, not 42. since my husband and i now live alone in a three bedroom apartment, i've turned one of the extra rooms into my personal gym. i've gone out and bought some equipment. but i know from last year's attempt at working out that i seem to be going backwards when i work out without making other changes. i gain weight from muscle mass, but don't lose any of the flabbiness.

i'm trying to cut down. last night i fried up six chicken breasts (so i wouldn't have to cook again today). i only ate a half of one, and instead of making homemade mac&cheese to go with it, i had beans instead.

anyway, that's the background... here comes the dillema... and i realize it may be pretty controversial and get a few feathers ruffled. but i'm hoping someone can give me some advice that i want to hear :)

i spent an hour trying to decide what diet pill to purchase last week, and finally settled on "accellis"... mainly because you only take it at bedtime. it helps boost your metabolism and curb the cravings for midnight snacks... it also helps calm stress and supposedly helps you have better sleep. not that i really crave snacks, i'm usually too full from dinner, but i figured it would help me curb my dinner cravings too.

now, i'm not the kind of person to eat breakfast. it's a very rare thing. and i don't care much for sweets. but ever since i started taking the accellis, i've had diffictulty sleeping.... because i wake up every couple of hours craving SWEETS! the other night, i got up at two a.m. and went to the kitchen looking for some chocolate covered donuts that i had dreamed were in there. on other nights/mornings i have woken up from dreams of eating pancakes, or biscuits with syrup, or this morning, it was french toast. i haven't eaten yet (it's 10 a.m.) and i'm really still craving french toast. i'm about to go have some. i've also suddenly been eating twice a day instead of once, and i realize that may not be all bad, but it's unusual, and WHAT i'm eating isn't the best choice.

i did excercize quite a bit this week, and will continue to do so. but i need a little assistance with burning calories... something that is going to boost my metabolism without making me crave sugar.

yesterday i decided to add cinnamon capsules to my diet... when i eat, i take cinnamon. i know cinnamon has thermogenic properties that help boost metabolism and help burn fat more quickly. i don't know how MUCH more quickly it helps, though.

can someone please give me some personal reviews of what diet supplements have worked for you?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

Hi Lady C

I have two sisters, both of whom seem to constantly be on a diet. My youngest takes something called Relacore, and she swears by it. My older sister, who is 38, just exercises and eats right, and that seems to work for her. Both have kids and lazy husbands. Not that that makes a difference, I thought I would mention it, since I can't stand lazy people...Anyway, both my sisters have lost weight and I admit, look great. Not that I would tell them that; that would surely break the Sibling Code of Ethics.

I jog, lift weights and lately try to keep up with my wife, who is blessed with the fastest metabolism in the universe.

Good luck.

i remember when i was younger, i probably did have the fastest metabolism on earth. i wouldn't believe my mother when she said it would slow down and all that unhealthy food would catch up with me!

i thought about relacor, but the whole 'belly fat' thing kind of scared me. i need some abdominal toning for sure, but most of the fat seems to settle on my hips and thighs! so i was afraid relacor wouldn't work for me since it's claim to fame is relieving the stress that causes fat to accumulate around the belly.... although they do have a PM formula which i really thought about! i do have lots of stress, and i do have terrible insomnia much of the time.

so the sister that took relacor.... was she heavy all over? or just in the tummy area? (most of my aunts, and my mom, always seemed like they gained weight only in their belly.)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/26/1987

oh Man how I wish I had @ least some of ur problem. My metablism is very fast. Can't seem to keep anything & when I do it doesn't stay. It also donesn't help that I was born with no fat cells. Its really frustraing to have pple always being asked wheather u r ill or have anorexia.

I wish u lots of luck with ur weight issue. remeber to ask God 2 help u, he can do anything 4 u if u'll only take the time 2 REALLY listen 4 an answer. God will answer ur prayers in his time not urs, ok. another thing I always try & think about is "what lesson may God be trying 2 teach me (or maybe some1 I know) Remeber we're always in the hands of Christ.

Blessings

Shylah

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

i remember when i was younger, i probably did have the fastest metabolism on earth. i wouldn't believe my mother when she said it would slow down and all that unhealthy food would catch up with me!

i thought about relacor, but the whole 'belly fat' thing kind of scared me. i need some abdominal toning for sure, but most of the fat seems to settle on my hips and thighs! so i was afraid relacor wouldn't work for me since it's claim to fame is relieving the stress that causes fat to accumulate around the belly.... although they do have a PM formula which i really thought about! i do have lots of stress, and i do have terrible insomnia much of the time.

so the sister that took relacor.... was she heavy all over? or just in the tummy area? (most of my aunts, and my mom, always seemed like they gained weight only in their belly.)

Why am I breaking out in a cold sweat talking about my sister? It's either Freudian or fear that she'll read this one day. Probably the latter.

As I recall...she tends to be "pear shaped," and gains weight around her middle but especially her butt and thighs. Can I embarrass myself anymore here? I know she has a lot of stress she deals with and I know for sure that since taking the Relacore and working out, she honestly looks great, even to the point of reshaping herself with lifting weights. Whew, I hope I redeemed myself. Relacore is all natural, by the way, if that is important to you.

mike, LOL, your sister would be happy to hear you talk about how good she looks! and she'd probably be happy you're promoting her favorite diet product, and would probably tell me all the same stuff you just did if she were on here! so quit sweating ;)

shylah,

i can't say i was born with no fat cells, but i do understand the horrors of being too thin and not being able to keep any weight on... i once had that problem. i used to jokingly call myself the albino ethiopian. i remember i used to think that all those sayings about the camera adding ten lbs were a lie, because i swore the camera subtracted ten lbs off me. eventually when i got to a healthy weight, i realized i was wrong, and that if i thought i looked that underweight and awful in pictures, i must have looked REALLY bad in real life!

here's my story.... very brief version... (not like my initial post i promise!) let me tell you my height first, i'm 5'5". my pre-pregnancy weight: 110 lbs. didn't look pregnant til i was 6 months... when my oldest was three months old, i weighed 100 lbs... ten lbs less than i was before pregnancy.

by the time my oldest was six months old, i was pregnant again. so i started that pregnancy at 100 lbs... and within 3 months of giving birth, i was back to 100 lbs, and i stayed like that for about five years. people frequently made the assumption that i was a meth addict, and i didn't use drugs! (i'd tried meth a few times, but decided i hated it after a week.) other people assumed i was bulemic. (not me! i hate throwing up!) or that i was anorexic. (nope, i was trying so hard to gain weight that i ate ALL the time back then.

when i was in my mid-20's i finally got to a healthy weight... i was at 117 lbs. if i got sick though, i'd lose ten lbs in a few days and spend two months trying to gain it back.

i didn't start really putting any REAL weight on til my 30's. in the last eight years (since i was 34) i have gone from 128 lbs to 150. ten of those pounds have come in the last year.

and yes, i suppose your right... the best method of weight management would absolutely be prayer, combined with a healthy lifestyle.... i've never prayed about my weight before. thanks for the suggestion!

Guest Biblicist

Is Relacor safe, I've been considering getting it for my husband who needs to lose a considerable amount of weight for health reasons. I'm at my wits end about helping him. He needs a high level of activity but is unable to get it due to time constraints, his size, and just overall business of life.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Okay, here is the diet advice from the woman with the fastest metabolism in the universe.

My trainer, who lives in Vegas, by the way, is a health and fitness guru. Relacore will work, as will most diet aides, but you have to exercise and eat right at the same time. Simply taking a pill yet not changing your eating habits or lifestyle probably won't result in permanent weight loss. He tells me that after 40 your body changes and so must you, if you want to stay fit and feeling good.

LadyC, if you have a room full of equipment and are determined, take the pill, eat right and don't get discouraged. You'll lose the weight and be healthier. I can confirm what Mike said, his sister is lookin' good.

i can't promise to eat RIGHT, but i WILL promise to eat less of the wrong ;)

i will continue with the excercise though, and i'll give relacor a try ;)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

A low to moderate glycemic diet will do it for you quite easily, I think I've sent you info on this before.

Cinnamon, Chromium Picolinate levels out blood sugar... 5htp will elevate mood, reduce sugar/carb cravings... DHEA helps with weight loss, fat burning, blood pressure and regulation of blood sugar levels. A high quality B Comlex helps with stress, celluar energy, hormones, proteins and help to transform fats. Hoodia helps to trick your brain into thinking that you've eaten so you feel full.

Load up on anti-oxidents and Omega fatty acids, this will help to support your body with the added stress of diet/exercise change.

Vitacost has a whole section on supplements that support diet/exercise that will give you plenty of information on a large variety items.

Don't forget to add a balance ball or a balance board to your workout routine, this will help to work every muscle group and bring more intensity/strength building to your workout.